Ladies Delight's Leading Man

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by DaAlmightyDolla, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

R-tis do you spin cd's or just records? me i spin only Cd's its better to me.
    test
  2. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

^I thought you were supposed to be competing to BE Ladies Delight Leading Man not competing to BE WITH the Ladies Delight Leading Man...Stop flirting with the competition...

LMAO @ Dolla having beautiful breasts as a child!
    test
  3. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lmao you are toooooooooooooooooooo funny hahaha that will never fit in the same sentence with me hahaha me flirt with a man lol i'll die first lol
    test
  4. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

lol stop complimenting my chest

i wonder if i played with them when i was younger lol
    test
  5. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I use Serato and use vinyl. I have about 50 vinyl records, but I only use them for practice and for backups at major gigs. I can't stand scratching CDs...but if it wasn't for Serato, I would be using CDs and vinyl together. The feel of vinyl is just sooo much better...I will never get used to scratching CDs, especially because nothing spins.
    test
  6. R-Tistic

LMAO
    test
  7. Dark_Sun

If I was your age at that time I would play with your boobs with or without your consent! LOL I would whisper in your ear, "Don't fight it Baby Dolla!"
    test
  8. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

they have cd DJ sets that have the vinyl feel to them they work pretty good to be honest with you
    test
  9. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I can agree with that. I have noticed a difference in the way Southern men (and women) treat their mates, too. They're more traditional. Male = provider. Woman = caretaker. Etc.

It doesn't make you bad, just not someone I would date or consider for a serious relationship (a'la the thread topic).

I ain't sayin I'm a gold digger, but...

All other things being equal (physical attraction, admirable character, etc), I'm gonna go with the man who looks out for me financially. I'm of the mind that people generally do not just automatically change up and treat you any better after vows take place. So, a man who was like "naw, I'm not gonna give you no cheese until after we get married" won't make it to boyfriend status, let alone hubby status. In other words, he has to have ALREADY demonstrated not only the ability, but the willingness to provide and take care of things, before I even consider him on that level.

I don't "borrow" money from men I have romantic relationships with. Anything given (cash, gifts, trips, etc) is pretty much understood as a gift. I wish a nigga would come at me talking about "yeah... about that $75.34 I gave you for the electric bill last month... I'mma need that back". I just... I don't... I mean... I can't even imagine no shit like that ever happening.

Whether I'm "stuck" or not... he just WANTS to step up and do for me and do things to lighten my load and make things easier for me (as I do for him). I don't even have to ask, he just offers to do it. He provides for me. That's the kind of man I tend to go for.

The "babe, you need me to put some money in your account?" dude. That's all me right there.

The Lord ain't the only one that "loveth a cheerful giver".
    test
  10. tight-eyes

If you were about 10 years older... I'd hit dat!
    test
  11. PinkcHica

PinkcHica hip hop addict

LMAO

The baby pictures are too cute.
    test
  12. R-Tistic

Maybe it's because most females I've dealt with have never expected or needed me to help them out like that...or because I have never got to that level with a female. When you say you don't believe things will change after marriage, I think you're acting as if we'll still be on the same level. I feel that marriage is just as much as a financial thing as it is emotional...and things will HAVE TO come together and all when you're married, and you'll be making much different purchases and investments than you did before, especially if you plan to wait until then to have kids.

So with that...before marriage, I expect us to be living separate, and afterwards, I'm hopin we are buying a house....so the bill situation is already MUCH different, you get what I mean? We have kids, and we have to figure out how to divide things...so if your job is trippin, or you're between jobs, or you're in any serious crunch, then of course it's my job to step up. But if we aren't married, I don't think we're at that same level or anywhere near unless we've been together for a good minute.

I have been through enough situations with money to know that it is too sensitive of a subject, and I just know I'll do anything to save any potential pain in the future. What if I've been with the girl 3-4 years, and I was giving her this kind of money, "providing for her," and I found out she cheated, and we broke up....you think I'll be able to accept the fact that not only did she cheat, but I gave her THOUSANDS of dollars throughout the years? Most people would take me for a joke if I asked for the money back...but I would really be thinkin she owes me that, even though I know she's not giving it back. At the same time, I'd never expect her to give me money like that, and I'd go in debt or even go back to my parents/family members for money before I ask for it from my girlfriend...that's just not ethical to me.

And I find it funny that people in the south claim to be more "traditional," while it's a completely new era with new rules. A lot of these traditional dudes get played for their money, thinking they are being "providers," while some of the ladies/girls here will look at superficial items as if they determine who has the most potential to be a "provider."
    test
  13. Lebron Malo

Lebron Malo New Member

D.A.D wins this for me.

Mr Rip is fucking weird and R Tistic is ugly.
    test
  14. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

Dolla you got some hot titties baby
    test
  15. Dark_Sun

I'm just curious Tight-eyes...Do you work? If so what do you do?
    test
  16. Dark_Sun

That is a very distinct difference right there...I see Tight-eyes point but considering the fact that women are less likely to wanna settle down when they can get the "wifey" treatment for just being there for a guy I would be less likely to show my willingness to go above and beyond providing for her if it is unclear that she genuinely cares about me as person first and not just for what I can provide for her. First of all I want a woman who prefers to work hard for what she wants in life and in turn can provide for herself. Most women out there claim to have this independent mentality but few of them have their OWN resources to support their pricey habits and then they turn around and try to manipulate a decent guy into helping him support her financially knowing damn well she is with him for the benefits and not for him as a potential long term mate. Thus making it hard for us men to determine who is worth the effort and who is just out to find a good man to leech off...
    test
  17. tight-eyes

Yep... Student/Intern/Mother
    test
  18. tight-eyes

I understand what you're saying.

Like I said, it doesn't make you wrong... you gotta do what works for you.
    test
  19. tight-eyes

You're buggin. He's a cutie.
    test
  20. R-Tistic

Yeah for real. I don't want to sound like I'm bein too hard...but I'm in college, and most likely, any girl I talk to has been to college and will have a degree just like me. Unless it's MAJOR, I really don't see too many reasons that they should be in a serious financial crunch...and if so, it has to be extreme.

I think I feel the way I do because I see how many females I know operate...the ONLY reason they tend to be in these situations is because of what you said...their pricey ass habits. I have homegirls who come to me tryin to borrow money to buy some damm makeup kits or a purse they want, just because they don't know how to budget their money.

Most women I know who are REALLY on their shit rarely need their man to come through if there isn't some sort of health or family emergency. And for me, I don't want a girl to EVER expect me to do the things Tights mentioned, which is probably why I have the attitude like "I will NOT do that" just so they don't expect it...and IF they really do need help, then I'll come through on surprise, not on some "I expected him to do that anyway" shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.