kush

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Paranoid, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

lol I dont know all the politics man, and I dont go on 420 forums except this one namean....I just typed in og kush on youtube and this is what came up......

I dont know the genetics of it, obviously I dont think it needs to come from the Kush mountains be kush, hahaha

Toker I have a question for you my friend.....how many original cannabis plants are there?? I've always wondered that.....

I dont think I've ever smoked Kush if I have I didnt know it......and I always thought Chronic was just the slang for high grade, now you guys are telling me its a strain as well??? I suppose hydro is a strain too and doesnt mean its just grown hydroponically!!? hahahaha....

Jack Herrera still the best weed I ever smoked, from the Dampkring in the Dam.....

PEACE
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

1 more thing

those kats say they got real weed like super silver haze

u guys wanna know whats funny bout this shit??

most of the genetic makeup came from CA.. ssh has skunk an haze in it

so yea talk down on our weed.. all u doing is talking down bout your shit!!!!!!

hahahaha stupid fuck

CA run shit.. fuck the haters

thats why the biggest name in the seed biz right now jocks all our shit..

but the best part is.......

we got better shit hahahahaha...
    test
  3. toker

stay outta the politics.. nothing but BS.. its all hate hate hate.. funny how everybody thinks pot heads are all happy hippies... pls

but thats exactly what a kush is... line from the hindu kush an surrounding areas..

dunno.. pot originally is from somewhere in the middle east/asia irc...

but u hear things like landrace sativa/indica..

basically weed came from one area and spread.. after so many yrs in one area it becomes a landrace to my knowledge..

your landraces are all regional, and are thus named after the areas...

sativas include- congo, malawi, highland oxacan gold
    indica- hindu kush, afghans, Chinese yunan

^^ pls note there are alot more i left off

chronic is slang and a strain.. the slang might have been firts but im not to sure.. i just dont remember hearing bout chronic the strain back in the early 90s..

hydro is slang.. to my knowledge there is no strained named that
    test
  4. SiFu

Thats interesting, that there perhaps was once one original cannabis strain that got spread by the winds and perhaps crossed itself with other plants in other in other regions to form new strains.....

So in the art of breeding, getting your hands on as many landraces as possible is a good thing right, coz then you got the originals to begin your genetics from (and assuming you know the gentics of later breeds you can recreate them, perhaps even better versions of by crossing stronger versions of the originals)......so is there a huge battle/fight and/or search going on to find as many landraces as possible!?!? like are people scaling Tibetan Mountains and braving war torn middle east to find some originals, or is it pretty much settled and heads have all they care to have!?!? just interested namean, hahaha ecuse the pupil type questions hahahaha

PEACE
    test
  5. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

lol @ "nobody even know wtf a kush is hahahahaha" that shit killed me

but by the sounds of it kush to your area is like hempstar to mine. everyone grows it cuz its a gauranteed sale for top dollar based of appearance/hype

thing is theres like 100 diff hybrids of it floating around and a lot of the growers dont even realise that its not all the same . . its kinda sucks, its really easy to move there and get some instruction of how to interpret yer plant and grow killer weed, but almost impossible to learn anything beyond that.

i remember the first time i saw the original version, was completly diff, it actually got me high . . . i kninda immunized myself to the crossed versions.

entertaining vid if nothing else, the sample bud he keeps on showing looks almost exactly like the white rhino (that im not sure was white rhino) that i used to get for hella cheap in high school.

and one of those "real" plants that was shown looks like the crystal globe i used to get :( . . . shit was pretty good i miss it.
    test
  6. toker

just depends on what u are trying to accomplish.. most people arent "true breeders" so u dont see many pure landraces.. and the ones that get used are usually the same ole beat genetics (kushes, afghans, stuff from india, thai, etc..)

re-doing lines rarely happens if ever.. dunno why.. prob out of respect and the fact that working with landraces involves alot more work..

its alot easier for people just to grab a couple pack of seeds and cross the resulting offspring.. or even worse, just grab a clone and hit it with something..

honestly most of the fighting involves CA in some way.. people would rather mess with our clone onlys than work with the landraces.. but there are some that work with them.. and i need to get 1 thing clear.. people do work with landraces but its mainly narrowed down to 1 or two.. and its usually an afghan or some kush..

so there is alot of untapped potential out there.. s. america, mexico, africa....

as far as the traveling seed collectors.. it happens still but not on some large scale.. i know somebody that went to nepal and did some collecting.. another was in colombia doing the same.. another went collecting in mexico during spring break.. just buying local herb and saving seeds..

that said, i think most of seed collecting went on in the past... certain individuals did most the work.. thanks Sam, without u whos know what the Mj scene would look like.. another guy from nor Cal had a huge stable of landraces.. real kushes, afghans, stuff from mexico n s america, stuff from vietnam, etc... now people just re-use their lines.. id kill somebody for the PTK or X 18, i think thats what he called it..

with all that said If i was a breeder id be working with landrace lines.. IMo there is stuff out there that can be as strong if not stronger
    test
  7. SiFu

Thats interesting stuff man......

Its interesting that although there are many growers, seems like the breeding community is much smaller (and so it should be!! dont need no Babylon mans infiltrating!)......And being a grower and breeder seems to be two different things.....most people with a simple set up can grow weed, but few would be able to understand two create something different, not only different original, thats why I called it an art, coz to the true breeders I'm sure they look at it like an art, of course they could buy some seeds and cross some shit thats a hybrid itself and make some new looking weed, but I have a feeling that true breeders look down upon that generic way of doing things (although I'm sure it happens a lot anyway!!)......

I like the idea of keeping seeds from all over, travelling the bush to discover local plants....

Any specific reason Afghans and Kush are used more often than not!? Is it something to do with the conditions they grow in, or the size/yield they produce!?

Some of the best weed I've ever smoked was some naturals (what we call bush weed, nothing fancy looking, has seeds etc etc)......a lot of the weed around these days is bag appeal, somehow bag appeal became popular, early 90's was the start of that I think, and I think it was started by Amsterdam and the CC hahaha (no wonder you hate that shit!!).....but the greener the better, the whiter the better etc etc but the best weed (apart from Jack Herrera!) was some jet black tea leaf looking shit from some Jamaicans in London.....shit was fucking good!!!

I think I'm a get some seeds from Acapulco next time I go and have my friend get me some seeds from Vietnam when he goes next.

I'm gonna start to grow, but I have no experience so I will start with some generic Mexican shit, thinking of buying this Aerogarden thing, its quite a small unit and I can keep it in my closet, but I'm not sure if its any good, had mixed reviews about it init, purists obviously dont like it, newbies like myself do hahaha so who knows......

PEACE
    test
  8. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

sifu im going to start growing this summer as well if you start before me let me know how shit goes
    test
  9. toker

ill go over the breeding part later when i have more time.. sorta a lot to digest.. but very interesting

IMo kushes n afghans get used alot for several reasons..

1) they are more commonly found than other indicas.. not many people have access to say the chinese indica or an uzbeki, etc..

2) they are stable an tested genes...

3)they are good for increasing yield, lowering flowerin time, shorter nodes, etc.. people use these to cross to pure sativas to make them more manageable..

but there are alot of different kush and afghan varieties that will differ from each other as will the resulting offspring..

i think i know what the aerogarden is.. and if it is what i thin it is, id pass.. of course im one who follows the motto " go big, or go home".. which is why we use 3 different lights

maybe we can just have 1 thread about growing since several posters are interested..
    test
  10. tharealist23

tharealist23 The Next Chief

Today my connect smoked me out a blunt of sum banana kush. Shit was fire B, had me coughing up a lung.
    test
  11. Paranoid

Paranoid Jawn Raw

word, shit tastes good man. blunts just make the shit even better.
    test
  12. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

toker, i got a q for ya

cryp/kush? is it floating around out there? if so is it good?

buddy of mine was all hyped about this cryp/kush his other dealer got but i laughed at him an said he was gettin hustled

whats yer take? i havnt seen it an ionno if he ended up getting it.

n how easy is it to identify real kush? like if someone tried to hustle you some fake shit could u call em on it?

i wanna get to kno the strain an start callen out dealers here on fake shit.
    test
  13. toker

^^ well first things first.... this is another example of mistaken identity

kush isnt kyrpt, krippy or whatever other term..

krippy is flow-ryda slang.. sorta how piff is a NY thing..

from what i was told, krippy has been in FLA since the 80s

but much like piff people just started labeling anything that was quality "krippy"

so i have no clue what your homeboy has.. but i doubt its the real strain that got dubbed krippy.

as for the kush--- since nobody is being specific i can only assume which one your talking bout.. so im assuming your talkin bout OG kush.. the one responsible for all the craze.. its a kush hybrid..

the OG kush thingy is just a huge huge clusterfuck.. it will make your head explode trying to figure out the truth to all this..

ONE REASON WHY I DONT BELEIVE ANYBODY ON THIS SITE ABOUT OGK

unless your in one the circles good luck trying to understand it.. it seems like a new OG kush cut appears every several months.. and im not talkin bout its hybrids..

thats why i laugh when i see people braggin bout og kush here.. even if u did u get the real deal i doubt u got the best cut.. matter of fact i KNOW u didnt get the best cut or even the 2nd..

so yea u can call somebody out on it but u better know what your talking bout.. i doubt the avg smoker would be able to notice the differences in the different og k cuts..

best way to tell if its a kush would probably be smell, taste, way the bud looks
    test
  14. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

This is fuckin truth. I've been saying it... most the shit people smoke here, they swear it's kush, but it's not. It's just a tweener better than chronic. Hell the shit I'm moving right now gets me higher than kush but I can't get more than 50/90. But I'm real with it. I'm confident it's a nice mid. Most people try to pass their shit off as kush, but the taste is too distinct.
    test
  15. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

When I lived in florida from 95-98, we smoked a good bit of krypto.

I have to say it's on par with any weed I ever smoked. It's good fuckin weed, but I smoked it so long ago I can't recall the taste or smell - only that I was fuckin lit.
    test
  16. toker

i wouldn't be surprised if people try to pass hindu kush off as ogkush

or a kush/skunk hybrid
    test
  17. poopool

poopool New Member

Kush is O.k. I'm not really big on Indica, I usually go for a sativa
    test
  18. Dope Chris

Dope Chris Blunt Slide 5-0

My homeboy was gettin Sydney Kush by the QP for awhile now...some cat was growin pounds of the shit and I'm in Florida

Unfortunetly I rarely get ahold of or see any fire ass trees. Every once in awhile. This kid was slangin Purple Haze awhile back. Shit was exspensive though...like 400 for an onion.

Every so often some Northern Lights will float around. Or that White Rhino...some Blueberry

Alot of grow houses been gettin busted alot lately though....fuckin tons of em'
    test
  19. Dope Chris

Dope Chris Blunt Slide 5-0

no shit
    test
  20. toker

they busted nothing but hispanics

then went and aired their luandry for all the public to see

a lot in s. florida if i remember correctly

if youre growing dont steal power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.