Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci (White girl rapper)

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by D-Lor, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

and lil debbie could get it. in fact she will get it if the opportunity ever arises.
    test
  2. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

So music has to be entertaining? Or are you saying that's just your preference? Music can be thought provoking, emotive, relaxing, inspiring. Sorry that Jay Electronica isn't entertaining enough for you, pretty sure that's not what he was aiming for though.
    test
  3. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I'd add to Seattle's points that people look at rap, and whatever genre they like, if not music as a whole, through one critical lens. No one bothers to evaluate artists by their own aesthetic or lane. There isn't a solid rubric to say "everyone who ever records should follow to be considered good" due to the subjectivity of art, plus it's all respective to what that person does, how they do it and what their lane is.

Waka as anything more than post-crunk/transgressive id music is a failure completely. But taken on that premise, which he's said himself is what he's doing, he's winning at. I mean, when's the last time you heard some shit that made you want to punch someone in a good way? Warriorz was 2000. Get Rich or Die Trying was 2003. Most of the southern artists fell off. He's fully in his own niche and that's better for rap.

Consider this. The second people started making fanzines and selling merch, music became the soundtrack to people's lifestyle's moreso than anything else. There's something there for everyone and every situation, whether sexy, angry, sad, brooding, awkward, nerdy, whatever. I have my stoner and sex iTunes playlists like everyone else and they exist because they tap into something that's deeper than a shallow evaluation based in a rockist or classicist viewpoint of pop music.

tl;dr:

Is Waka supposed to be high energy music more about feel than lyrics?
    Yes? Then he succeeds.

Do J.Cole's lamentations or narratives make me interested in him as a figure to invest in personally or identify with? Nah, B.
    test
  4. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

eh, i don't label that song "dope".. it's stupid to me, beat is dope, but i take pride in what i write, and the lyrics in gucci gucci make me scratch my head and wonder why the hell people are co-signing her (she has another music video called bumpin' bumpin')

then again, i'm the same guy that was at summerjam in oakland and getting bored everytime a hyphy act came up.. i live in an area where i can't get into the the music genre we're best identified by.. kreayshawn is a prime example of it

and CO-SIGN to maple.. Lil' Debbie could get dug out w/ ease
    test
  5. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Nah the video in this thread is of some of her set. i know she did Amy Winehouse, a freestyle and Bumpin into gucci gucci...then she did a gucci gucci encore. Set was 5/6 songs deep.

I just don;t know how you can't see the inherent rap skill. She has more raw talent than j cole.
    test
  6. mapleleaf

bitch you aint no barbie
    i see you work at arbies
    number two, supersized
    hurry up im starving

quotable of 2011 so far
    test
  7. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

This is why Lil B is god.
    test
  8. teacozy

teacozy New Member

basically. these dudes are all saying "this is what my thing is, you can like it or not like it" and most people are reacting "but why don't you do this other thing?"
    test
  9. mapleleaf

a lot of Hip hop heads think making hip hop for any other reason than making good hip hop is bastardizing the art form. i think thats what it comes down to. some ppl cant grasp that people make hip hop / rap for a multitude of reasons.

part of this difficulty to grasp that concept also comes from the difficulty and misinterpretation that most fans/casual listeners have with the same concept. they tend to think everyone is going for the same goal, and by someone saying Waka is doing what he does better than J.Cole, they are also inferring that "Crunk" is "better" than "*insert j.coles genre*" every time. people don't want to admit that.

i think waka is dope for what hes doing, lil b is dope for what hes doing, and lil jon and the ying yang twins were dope for what they did. When it's all said and done it will be a lot easier to compare such different artists on a similar scale. see which ones actually filled their respective niches and which ones were just blemishes in history.

for "what they did" i think DMX is one of the GOATS
    test
  10. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

i actually went out and got arby's the first time I heard that.

(true story)
    test
  11. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

She's got enough people in the right places pushing her to stick around for quite awhile.

The Hundreds pushing her certainly helps and the fact that her sound isn't as niche as guys like Dom Kennedy or Alexander Spit means more of the general public will buy it.. so long as it stays catchy.

Add the fact that she's getting co-signed by key Legends from all over Cali in addition to being closely tied to the new Cali artists from Lil B to Wolf Gang.. and it's easy to see she's going to be in the spotlight in one way or another.
    test
  12. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    test
  13. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

That amy winehouse song goes hard
    test
  14. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

:funny: dead.

that gucci gucci shit I cant just sit an listen to I gotta be doing something. same with a milli, I coulda only pump that when driving.
    test
  15. Renard is MMA

Renard is MMA Android Status

I think I have feelings for Kreayshawn tbh :funny::funny:
    test
  16. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

you will have to fight me... :fighting0007:

Ontask:Kreayshawn on Vimeo

test
  17. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

PLUS 300th post ^^^
    test
  18. Renard is MMA

Renard is MMA Android Status

you gon make me pull out the ratchet and clank
    test
  19. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

California girllssssssss
    test
  20. mapleleaf

i aint jokin i been to damn near every state in the usa and none of them compare to california girls
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.