Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci (White girl rapper)

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by D-Lor, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlepTTT

SlepTTT New Member

Lil Wayne and Kanye are the reason shit like this exists. Being fucking weird and doing whatever the fuck seems dope to you is in style. People hating on wayne and loving this shit in the same sentence have it fucked up.

Regardless, this bitch is pretty dope and doesn't need a co-sign for anyone to pick up on her shit
    test
  2. SlepTTT

SlepTTT New Member

swag comin out her ovaries>>>
    test
  3. teacozy

teacozy New Member

really? but what does he offer? he's not interesting, weird or extraordinarily talented as a rapper or lyricist, he doesn't really add anything that 5,000 blog rappers haven't been since the rise of Nahright and the Okayplayer boards, Big KRIT bodies him at production when it comes to their lane, etc.

I just have this thing where guys like J Cole are the other half of what ruined hip-hop. If you're going to retread things people did much better in the 90's, at least make it the ignorant kind like Flocka.

Flocka bodies J Cole, tbh
    test
  4. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

damn...i'm hella glad there are other intelligent people that feel the same i do about hip-hop. people calling j cole the best rapper out and i'm thinking how? the guy has three memorable songs out of his entire catalog lmfao.

waka on the other hand released a fucking solid album.
    test
  5. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

realest shit I ever quoted.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    test
  6. Red Beam Da Kid

Red Beam Da Kid Well-Known Member

I don't see how anyone can't like this. Stop trying to be different.
    test
  7. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

Saying Kreayshawn being better than J.Cole I now more than ever i stick to my original statement
    test
  8. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Kreay Kreay and J.Cole are tied right now as having one song each that I like. Problem is, Cole's been in the public profile since Blueprint 3 and nothing's been that great yet this little pipsqueaky white girl from Oakland just caught a 1 milli body on youtube with some shit I literally feel compelled to hear at least three times a day.

She's winning. Plus her rapping is in the pocket.
    test
  9. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

She's gonna be on the Knocksteady live show tomorrow at 2:00 PST. In case anyone's interested.
    test
  10. teacozy

teacozy New Member

is Dumb trying to get up in them guts?
    test
  11. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

Dont think her song is that good, and the level of ignorance in her interviews makes me want to break my laptop screen. She the rap version of Lady Gaga.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

the main upside to j.cole is that he seems to be a self driven, self sustaining artist in the sense that he raps and makes his own beats and is above average at both of them. he talks about real shit like getting pussy but in a realistic way, rather than just 'i get pussy every time i go in the club'. songs like lights please have dope concepts and showcase his production, singing, and rapping skills. i refuse to believe that you only like 1 j cole song- there are tons of good ones out there.

although he is being very downplayed in this thread so far, i do agree that his main flaw is being boring but hey compared to kreayshawn most people are. the problem is that most people arent going to see or be able to decipher the skill that kreayshawn has and think that doing anything weird or hipster like is 100% of the reason of her success. she has gotten popular due to a multitude of things that all culminated into this sudden rush of success including this smash song that i think is better than any single that j.cole has put out as far as music to have a good time to.

i belive cole will be around for a very long time and make music consistently, perhaps never truly peaking with a classic, while Kreayshawn may be nearing her peak already. i could be wrong, but i've heard nothing from her thats even close to "gucci gucci"
    test
  13. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Cozy, I agree that J Cole is somewhat overrated, but you can't be keeping it reality saying that Flocka is better than him, let alone this chick after she dropped a single song. And what kind of argument is "Big KRIT bodies him at production"? KRIT is a beast and Cole produces dope shit in his own right.

J Cole (the rapper) might not be what the game needs, but this chick isn't either. I understand the appeal. I personally think the song is catchy. However, do you think she will really have any longevity in the game? Hip-Hop needs more shit like The Left, Freddie Gibbs, Big K.R.I.T., Sean Price, Has-Lo, Intuition.

Either way, we'll see what this chick can come up with.
    test
  14. teacozy

teacozy New Member

@Young Raple: cosign, actually. I just hate "everyman" rappers. I don't listen to music to hear boring bros talk about being boring bros. Plus they bastardize actual "everyman" rap like UGK or Mobb Deep into this limp pos-rap blog-fodder thing.

Your primary job as a musician is to be compelling; ideally musically sometimes visually. If you can't do that you already lost, no matter how competent your music is. That's the definition of workmanlike, and that's not hitting anything for me artistically.

@ cero: Nah, serious as fuck. Flockaveli goes hard. And the moments where Flocka actually raps well are far more interesting than the nimblest shit Cole does. Everyone can rap well on a technical, but that doesn't mean much anymore.
    test
  15. mapleleaf

im still surprised i havent heard gucci gucci on the radio once, let alone a million and a half times. especially considering im in the bay.

[youtube]os-WyMh8fJs[/youtube]

for the dubstep heads
    test
  16. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

J Cole's verse on A Star Is Born is probably better than anything Kreayshawn will ever do though.
    test
  17. mapleleaf

i agree... he's got a few songs that are dope conceptually

consider the fact that he's only dropped mixtapes as well... which different artists approach differently... cole's done really well at it. i know what you mean about 'everyman' rappers too, as they are all so similar.

i like this verse off the autograph by cole

if cole hadn't worked hard to get noticed and get where he is today i'm sure he'd be capable of doing a 'different' sounding song in order to make a splash/ get some buzz... i really hope he DOES start doing shit thats different sounding than most of his mixtapes. i think Who Dat as a single was a step in that direction... but yes, again i must state that he gets boring, as i've got all 3 of his mixtapes, bumped all of them very heavily for about 2-3 weeks and then forget about them. they come on when my itunes is on shuffle and ill let it play out but not much "ooh put that shit on" factor...
    test
  18. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

Teacozy on point as fuck today...

Songs I like by J Cole: Dreams, Lights Please, Return of Simba
    Songs I like by Waka: O Let's Do It, Luv Dem Gun Sounds, Trained To Go, Fuck the Industry, No Hands, Grove St. Party, Snakes in the Grass, Hard in Da Paint, Fuck this Club Up

The problem with Cole I have is that he's so generic and boring. There's absolutely nothing special about the guy. Waka is pulling off that ignorant, bust my gun/head type rap in a way NO ONE has been for years. Tell me the last mainstream album that went as hard as Flockaveli. You'd have to go back to the days when M.O.P. and Onyx were hot.

If you get to get down to shit like "lyricism" and "musical ability" yeah I guess Cole wins but I'd rather listen to entertaining shit with shitty lyrics/musicality than something non-entertaining with great lyrics/musicality (Jay Electronica I'm looking at you too). Of course the best is a combo of the two.
    test
  19. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

if i'm wrong, fine, so be it..

but i see her internet fame propelling her to the same level to that of the "Chocolate Rain" guy.. and that's it.
    test
  20. mapleleaf

i'd be really surprised if she made another song as dope as gucci gucci...

lor how was the rest of her concert or was her set just that one song :funny::funny::funny:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.