Kosmo Kramer aka Michael Richards tries hard to ruin his career...

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

just cuz he's an asshole in real life dosent take away from the fact he's a tv legend.

kramer is one of the best characters ever, and seinfeld is the g.o.a.t. of tv

i havent seen the video yet, but honestly

he's a comedian, he was probably joking.
    test
  3. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

wtf, that was hilaaaarioussss!!! [funny] not the content of course, but the whole situation and his demeanor

i thought it was worse than it was based on the story, but it's obviously an act. kramer was manic, and i can tell he's playing on that mania based on his delivery.

"oooh! ooh!"

"what's the matter? is it too much for you to handle?"...

"that's what happens when you interrupt the white maAaaAaAn, don't you know?"

abrasive, offensive, and yes... corny. but, it was still humor.

i guarantee you a lot of those laughing were black, and they recognized it for what it was
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

test
  5. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

oooooh snap!

my boy soultan is a LIBRA!

*dances*
    test
  6. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

haha, thats crazy.

but he was on to something.

do black dudes feel the need to amplify their toughness 1,000,000 times more because of slaverly...? do they?

anyway

this guy didnt get his ass beat that night? he's gonna need security for a while now after this video....

edit* he was just on David Letterman and sounded really disturbed about what he said... if he would have changed the ER to GA, i dont think it would have sounded so bad but him saying •••••• was just wrong... and came off awkard and offensive and racist....
    test
  7. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

don't give me that shit, every race has something they always pull from history and complain about but that's a different discussion for a different time

this shit was fucked up, uncalled for, and i'll never be able to look at him the same way again
    test
  8. -LikeWise-

-LikeWise- Is the Name...

seinfield is doo doo anyway.

but blacks do act extra hard and its probably from being slaves.

with that said, i'll bow out the convo cause i dont like talkin about race shit...

not my steez.
    test
  9. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Well, as far as slavery, no group in america has had such a tragedy enacted upon them because of their race. The shit didn't end really until my mother was nine! It's bigger than slavery, it's jim crow, dejure racism, and defacto racism.

As far as this clip, there was no joke. The whole joke was to call him what is probably the most hateful slur ever to any group. [dunno] Paul Rodriguez, another comedy stand up legend and tv star said what I'd say: he was waiting for a punchline, and it never came. I've had some experience with stand up, though not much, but I've performed a few places around L.A. and you must always have a punchline or a hook. It's like that one wack rapper who starts to freestyle in the middle of his set and just none of the words rhyme. You're listenning for the rhyme and it never happens. The music stops, the fake emcee keeps ranting, then you realize he's just high/drunk/retarded. That's what happened here, but there was no record of him being drunk/high/or retarded. All we do know is he has been doing standup for over thirty years. He has no comeback to as unimaginative a heckle as "YOU'RE NOT FUNNY"??!? Hell, eighty percent of US on HERE come up with better come backs DAILY!

End of the day, he has seen little to no success AT ALL since Jerry Sinefeld decided to stop carrying him. When that happened, everyone saw him as Kosmo. They didn't want Michael anymore. Maybe he's a tad...idunno...bitter?

It's going to take 10 PR people days to figure out how to fix this.
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Yeah. The Holocaust was a fucking cake-walk!....

but this was stupid. Richards lost his temper and his true colors came out. That's how it happens with people... they get mad and then what they hide comes out. There was no act. There was no humor.... it wasn't funny. It was a white guy that fucked up and said some hard racial shit then tried to back up by using the 'oh...it's just a word'.....
    Right. It is a word. However black folks are brainwashed from birth to take that word offensively...until it IS offensive to their ears.

Because when you're trained to think all white men hate you and it's still 1943 in most their minds..... what else can you do but get mad when they say something like that?

The guy did word it right. It was 'uncalled for'. He's a 'comedian'. Any decent comedian can handle a heckler with jokes..........but this guy isn't a decent comedian.
    test
  11. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

how do you know those are "true colors" though or that it wasn't an act?

you can say that you personally saw no humor or that it wasn't funny, but i don't see how you can definitively say that that wasn't the intent

not everyone agrees on what's funny, and michael richards likely has a twisted, misguided, and even lame view of what constitutes humor

his show was probably bombing altogether, and he could have thought going an alternative route may have saved his show

when it comes to calling people "racists", i always tread lightly and take my time before reaching a conclusion, because i know things can be said without genuine feelings. i've lashed out at people based on race before (on the basketball court for sure), but i know they weren't my right-minded feelings and i'm definitely not a racist.
    test
  12. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

*extracts argument for other thread*

[funny] oh okay, nevermind... don't know why i took you seriously in the first place

now, i see why you're the type of person who would jump to conclusions about people

were the words "prudent" and "superfluous" even necessary, or were they words used by someone trying to be "intellectual"?

you're wrong anyhow... i don't start arguments. i see things said that i think need to be countered. starting arguments would be me making all sorts of threads with my unconventional opinions that i know will draw many who disagree and speak out against what i'm saying. i could easily do that if i wanted, but i'm not a pseudointellectual who likes to argue and posture with his opinions. i'm just very formal and like to experiment with words, so i can see how it may come off as "pseudointellectual"

i assure you that's not me though.

you're calling my defense "weak", but you're not going after any of my points.... only baseless namecalling and general statements.

the pictures were posted out of jest. failed attempt at humor? i suppose so. but, i'm not naive.

i could find pictures of trent lott (a man i accept as and think is a racist, btw) posing and smiling with black people, but i know that doesn't mean anything
    test
  13. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

[funny] @ "Constantly attempting to negate peoples opinions"

see, you're a formal person too

don't play that "you're a pseudointellectual" bullshit with me and type stilted sentences like that
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

It Seems Brahmans true colors came out lol.
    test
  15. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

imma be honest kramer was the dopest guy on seinfeld.

but waht richards did was out of hand.

also some blacks need to learn to be sensitive towards others as well...i remember some black kids laughing at shindlers list...also my ancestors were treated like crap by the turks look up the armenian genocide...the turks dont even wanna acknowledge us...the only difference is we cannot sue like in america...its like Blacks only care about their suffereing and expect others to be understanding?

I have yet to see a black man stand up for RACISM as a whole the last one was killed Martin luther king jr he was like the only black man i could remember who preached equality and against racism to all races...I only see them stand up when it comes to black people getting the heat...I for one am against racism towards all races,I even feel disgusted like some of that audience at the laugh factory...even if i am not black, i also dont like hearing racism towards latinos and asians...it shocks me.

But alot of blacks want us to defend them even those who have no idea of what happend to blacks...like the immigrants who had nothing to do with the slavery.
    Why dont blacks when their freinds make fun of mexicans and asians say hey two wrongs dont make a right...its like they just let it happen as if its ok.

but richards was blatantly racist.
    test
  16. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

totally uncalled for. i mean u can curse at annoying bastards in the crowd but there are better ways to do it.
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Guest

heckling happens at all comedy shows, he simply lost his temper and used what he thought would insult them most.

i dont care, i'm black and it really doesnt bother me. people act like racism is gone, it still exists, whats the big deal? that a famous person brought it to light?

that word dont mean shit to me man.
    test
  18. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

dude, i'm a libra... always have been

what we like to do is tip both sides of the scale and look at things from all angles

you think i agree wholeheartedly with everything i say? no, i like playing devil's advocate to try and give people another perspective

was what richards did appropriate? no. was it offensive? yes. was it uncalled for, and could he have handled it better? yes.

however, all of this doesn't have to mean he's a racist.

i can see how one might view it as the release of "years of pent up frustration and resentment", but resentment towards and frustration over what? black people? not necessarily.

for all we know, he may be really down on himself for his career not taking the path he wanted it to take. a lot of these celebs are sensitive about their "failures" and "one-hit wonder" statuses. and, others actually voicing opinions in reference to what may already be floating around his head could really draw blood, set him off, and cause him to say things he doesn't really mean but blurts out hastily just to have something to fight back with. something to say. you hurt me, how can i hurt you?

fuck, read what i'm saying with an open mind and stop attacking the messenger!!!
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

[creed]
    test
  20. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

hahaha i was playing around with you! cause i know what pushes your buttons brahman you still my boy though...im too much man haahah.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.