Koscheck out; Jay Hieron in against Jake Ellenberger at UFC 151

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

A vet whose previous UFC experience was a crushing defeat at the hands of Pound for Pound great Georges St Pierre. After a good run through just about every other Welterweight division outside of the UFC (including a losing effort in his title tilt against Bellator's Ben Askren) Hieron will get to step in to replace the injured Koscheck and add a little sizzle to the UFC 151 card.

This marks the second time Jake Ellenberger and Hieron have squared off, the first bout being in the IFL and a decision loss for Ellenberger. Coming off a TKO loss to Martin Kampmann at the Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale, Ellenberger will hope to return to his winning ways by avenging an old setback to a stellar opponent.

Will Hieron prove he belongs amongst the best in the UFC, or will Ellenberger pick up where he left off on his crusade to once again meet Condit or derail GSP? Tune in to 151 to find out.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

WOW. honestly I see this dude as a Santiago type, his chin won't last in there with the big punchers of his Division, BUT I actually am a fan of this guy. Would of liked him to be champ over Ben over in Bellator.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

AND this is a rematch? Damn.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I don't think Hieron is all that, but this is more interesting to me than the Koscheck fight.

plus Diaz vs Hieron is an old rivalry fight that could potentially happen now.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

Hieron is not all that at all, he won't be able to last at all with Jake now, like he did in the past, I think his body just doesn't have the strength
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.