Kony 2012 ~ short film.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by GaLaTeA, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Basically Joseph Kony is the head of the LRA guerilla group in Uganda. He's been known for decades now for kidnapping, raping and killing innocent men, women and children.

A group called Invisible Children was formed about 10 years ago to make people aware of the situation and do something about it. Just this October a few of US own forces were finally sent to assist in the efforts of his capture by the Ugandan army. But they might soon be forced to come back unless Washington extends it. In order to do that they must know that the American people are behind it.

Every voice counts.

It's a great short film. Watch it when you get the chance.
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

sometimes I wanna just grab my samurai sword and go kill all the bad guys..
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

A katana vs. guns, tanks and heavy artillery.

Go for it.
    test
  4. Burnin PIFF

Burnin PIFF New Member

I say all yall who are on this shits dick are as dumb as all the fucks who are just hearing about this and posting on Facebook exploiting the ugandan ppl just like these invisiblechildren fucks making more money than they spend in Uganda fuck you u idiot
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

So how are you different?
    test
  6. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

He doesn't use punctuation, that's a start. :funny:
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:dead:

You're on a roll today....:funny:
    test
  8. doslavozes

I wish I could just retire on a high note and end up in the posting hall of fame. Don't worry, I always say something stupid to balance it out. I just hope they remember me for the few good posts. :)
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

does got some good posts tho.. and that is all..
    test
  10. doslavozes

That's all that counts. Mod reps are worth twice the amount of normal reps. lml
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Did a bit of further digging on the matter...

Invisible Children Inc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Think Twice Before Donating to Kony 2012, the Charitable Meme du Jour

These are only some of the links that show what kind of organization they are. They claim they spend most their money on direct action, which when looking at their financial statements are grossly vague and don't provide any kind of specific area what they spend it for.

How about the fact that they have manipulated facts?
    [​IMG]
    The Better Business Bureau hasn't given the company accreditation on the grounds it has not released all financial information as required.

Also this are the founders
    [​IMG]

They claim they don't support the Congo's National Army ~ which also hires child soldiers ~ yet they're there posing in pictures with their guns? There's a little more behind this story.

Donate your money to an organization that isn't shady like they are. Also they have posted a response to most of these claims, yet they're wrong and beating the bush in those claims.

Awareness is not something you should be donating your money to, donate your money to action.

I'm not claiming they have bad intentions, or that they are scam artist (that is yet to be determined), but I feel they are creating a wrong and hindering solution and sugar coating it.

[youtube]ji7IaxReuv8[/youtube]
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You're the prime example of why my enthusiasm virus theory works.
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

tbh.. i don't even have the slightest idea what your reaching at.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You sure have more holes in your memory than the average Swiss cheese slice has.

And your reply concerning enthusiasm.
    http://board.rapmusic.com/ladies-lounge/1312270-just-occurred-me-2.html#post1069299552
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

but i wasn't enthusiastic tho
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

But you are ~ every time a topic similar to this one will arise, you'll wholeheartedly and overly-enthusiastically get yourself involved in it; much like with Sopa and the election campaign. You'll even go as far as involving people closest to you to try and make a point.

But when you'll be subjected to other opinions, facts, your enthusiasm level will die down until you'll utter a "meh" in response.

And the cycle will repeat itself.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

that's b/c with SOPA they were ALERTING it all over craigslist .. i post on CL everyday. so i felt as if it directly affected me as it would have affect my web site i use for advertising.

as for this joseph kony situation, my wife is from there and her family members people i call my own family were actually war children.. so yes this has affected me and my family as you can tell

and i get involved with political and social awareness as best as i can, can't say i'm the first to spread the word always or that I'm making the change, doesn't mean I can't stand for something tho..

reason why i said MEH was b/c u were trying to xpose these people as frauds taking away from the movement as if there is some evil force driving it.. life is nothing but a series of cycles.. nothing new
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Even before Sopa there was Acta (if I'm not mistaken ~ a European version of Sopa), and even before that, it was Japan in collabo with the States who suggested that all internet activity should be monitored and introduced the whole platform for Acta and Sopa to have a leg to stand on.

You need to get your own website up and running, as well as an fb group/page, in case the CL ever goes out of business.

A lot of times people don't think of an issue, until it hits close to home, which is a double edged sword; with the whole "until it happens to me or someone in my vicinity" mantra. And the worst part about this is, a whole lot of people would help, but are unable to due to one reason or another. And I wonder how many people will still be talking about this issue a month from now, when it'll flair out and stop being the trending topic that fills the news columns of today and tomorrow.

What happens when the bright camera lights stop filming?

And if, your actions don't lead to this being a change you're dreaming of, it'll at least remain an idea, like a song from the radio, a phrase from the tv, a line in the book, won't matter, it was an idea nevertheless, and if, your actions don't lead to something final, you'll be able to change only yourself, and influence those closest to you to be aware and perhaps if it's only an idea for now, someone will pick that idea up and develop it into something that'll morph and be continued from the point where you left off.

I'm not trying to expose anyone/anything, but it's always best to know both sides of the coin, since the truth's always the 3rd dimension that's left out.

Life isn't a cycle, it's breaking out of them that's keeping us creative and alive.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

i agree with everything gal said, accept the life isnt a cycle part but the statement she said after that was pretty astute observation nonetheless..

thanks for the ideas tho Gal.. I'll put that to fruition ..

Gal>>>> for being on top of things ... no homo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.