KOBE the next JORDAN???

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by MagNifIsick, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

^i never said that either.... toker pulling things out of his ass is probably about as common as toker placing things in his ass.

lmao @ people acting like Jordan didn't have a GREAT supporting cast. From the other 4 that started with him, to the guys on the bench... that bulls team was stacked. ESPECIALLY compared to other teams around the league at that time.

You had the three ball shooters. (kobe has none)
    The great rebounders (kobe has none)
    the Good inside game (kobe has none)
    and another great guard (kobe doesnt have one of those either)
    a surrounding cast that played.... DEFENSE! (kobe doesnt have one other player on the entire fucking team that plays defense lol)

So no. Jordan didn't take teams to championships by himself. Nobody can. And if jordan were on the lakers today while in his primed state.... he'd be struggling to make playoffs too.

Kobe's not as good as jordan simply because jordan had a storybook career. I still don't think Kobe + Shaq is a better combo than Jordan + Kerr + Rodman + Harper + Pippen, etc... You'd have to be stupid to think that.
    test
  2. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

wow yall are some dumb fucks..

acting like the bulls team were the celtics of the 60s or some shit. Let me ask you this how many future hall of famers did jordan play with?

Also the nba was and is now a game dominated by big men. Jordan did not even have a center u could agrue for a all star game and yet won 6 championships.

He made his team better. Look at their stats pre jordan during jordan and after jordan ull see their best yrs were with jordan. For god sakes he made bj armstrong look like a star than bj gets a huge contract and flops.

Jordan did something that players like kobe and tmac dont understand yet and thats make ur teammates better. and yes he made those players ALOT better. Jordan shits on any of the players u name from today and fuck any stats you try to bring up. If u think Jordan had a ill supporting cast you didnt watch bball in the 90s because other top players had better supporting casts like utah or portland with clyde.

and o kobe + shaq + fisher + george was better than jordan +kerr + pippen + harper would go to teh bulls favor because of jordan...

if it was shaq + fisher+ george vs kerr + pippen + rodman who wins that?
    test
  3. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

once again a dumbass has spoken ^

back in the old school days, players were all about team work, it was all about chemistry. now players, especially the ones from america, are all about being flashy, dunking, crossovers. they have no fundamentals. most players on the lakers have no idea what fundamentals mean. the team has no chemistry. very inconsistent. and yall are quick to blame kobe for everything. thats why european players are on the come up.. because they get molded into great team players from a young age.

smush knows he cant shoot the ball for shit off the dribble. he's a spot up shooter. but noo, he still takes these awkward looking shots that cling off the rim. everytime george starts dribbling, i close my eyes and pray that he doesnt commit an offensive foul. he just doesnt know how to switch directions. i can keep going if i have to but this team is just built on low basketball iq's, special thanks to kupchak
    test
  4. style-rip

ice, u say "look at the stats for the chicago team before, during, and after jordan" yet at the end u say "fuck any stats you try to bring up."

good one buddy
    test
  5. Iceodu921

lol..

point being the stats of the players pre and after jordan show their production drops away from jordan..

i said fuck the stats u bring up because u bring up stats that have no meaning in this agruement since ull try and compare kobes numbers to jordan which truthfully mean nothing.
    test
  6. style-rip

^ thats cuz jordan was getting double teamed which freed up his teammates. and u act like kobe is hurting the team, when mihm, smush, cook, and prolly a few other players are having career high's in ppg. attribute it to more mpg all u want, but these players are better this year as opposed to previous years
    test
  7. mac10

mac10 New Member

Funny how laker fans brag about how good Kobe is. He's good but he's not better than MJ. That's pure fact. Everyone know that Jordan is more clutch than Kobe. Plus you can't compare eras. Pippen said it best. Todays NBA is a pussy league. When Kobe can perform as well as Jordan in the hand-checking era, come talk to me. When Kobe can perform as well as Jordan while facing real defenses like the bad-boy Pistons or Knick/Heat thug teams of the 90's, come talk to me. Kobe benefits from todays rules ....peace
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

make teammates better.. blippity fucking blah.

the most overrated meaningless shit ever said in sports.

"oh he makes his teammates better"

really? That guy can't hit threes without him out there... yeah. He would've missed that shot.

Yeah, and that other guy... he gets those rebounds because so'n'so is on the court.

Players CAN give players more opportunities.

they CAN NOT make them better.
    test
  9. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

you mean kobe cant make his teamates better

ive watched duncan mold just about every single player on our roster.. why is it he can take nobodies an have them perform at quality level???
    test
  10. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I bet 90% of you Kobe fans who think he's better than Jordan probably never even seen Jordan play for MOST of his career.

Kobe is real dominating now... I'll give him that... but that's NOW.

MJ was dominant throughout his WHOLE career... well, discounting his later 2 years with the Wizards, which was a publicity stunt anyway.

But now that Kobe is able to play in an NBA with relaxed defensive rules, inferior teams and away from Shaq, he is able to showcase his dominance more now.

But this sentiment to me reflects the "latest is greatest" mentality... people forget how ill Jordan was because they're so focused on the here and now.

Former Pistons coach Chuck Daly said it best when speaking of Jordan circa '88-'89: "He embarrasses the league... he's that good."

test
  11. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

well...

the lakers did have shaq, rick fox, robert horry, derick fisher and kobe....

lets see

shaq > luke longly
    derrick fisher > kerr (except in 3pters)
    robert horry > tony kucoach
    pipen > rick fox
    rodman > lamar odom
    jordan > kobe

i dono dats my opinion yall gotta try it for urselves, is till left out ron harper
    test
  12. Bash

Bash New Member

^horry isnt better than kukoc wat the fuck?
    test
  13. Iceodu921

giving the right opportunities does make players better. certain players cant find their on shot giving them the ball in position were they can do damage is making them a better player...
    test
  14. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I agree. Horry disappeared in the season, and would come out and make a 3 against the Blazers that shouldn't have been counted. Kukoc was consistent and was the sixth man of the year. Did any laker win sixth man of the year back when shaq and kobe were together????

Thank you

Pz
    test
  15. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

i guess dats yall opinion but i wouldnt pick kukoc over horry on my team

but like i sed dats MY opinion, hate it or love it

yung.
    test
  16. dRa$TiK $TaTiK

dRa$TiK $TaTiK New Member

jordan had a better team...point blank...stop comparing theez 2
    test
  17. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Jordan never won a ring without Pippen though.

Pippen's a top 50 player. So... Jordan is the man, but would he ever have had the oppotunity to dominate like he did, without Pippen's all around game?

And Jordan's teams > Kobe's Lakers.

This is Kobe's 2nd year w/o Shaq, so it's way too early to even analyze this.

It took Jordan a few years to realize that individual brilliance might get you some wins, but it will not win you a championship.
    test
  18. Iceodu921

again tell me how mj's team is better..

you break down player for player lakers team wins without question.

taking jordan off the bulls hurts way more than takin kobe off the lakers.
    test
  19. Ed E Brock

How the fuck anyone needs proof that Smush Parker, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Brian Cook, Devean George, etc is not as good as the talent jordan had helping him is beyond me.

only accepted excuse: you're retarded.
    test
  20. style-rip

some of yall dont realize that basketball is about team chemistry. just cuz lakers might have better individual players (which isnt true), doesnt mean they are going to be the better TEAM. i.e. kobe, shaq, malone, payton.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.