KOBE the next JORDAN???

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by MagNifIsick, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagNifIsick

MagNifIsick I'll Pimp On Yo Mama

i think so

his teams just wack
    test
  2. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i think not

- during the dynasty years, the lakers with kobe sans shaq struggled to stay at .500... the same lakers with shaq sans kobe were hovering around .800
    - in 04-05, the lakers had practically the same record with or without kobe and looked their worst when lamar odom went down
    - in 05-06, the trend has remained the same... lamar odom goes out, and they drop two horrendous losses to two bad teams. kobe bryant goes out, and they play two competitive games in losses against a utah jazz team that was very hot at the time

for all his individual talents that are jordanesque, kobe bryant hasn't proven that he has the kind of positive impact that michael jordan did as a franchise cornerstone.

that's the clear distinction.
    test
  3. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

oh, he hasn't made the playoffs without shaq either.

what happens when dwyane wade is able to play with a broken down and declining shaq? he, in an injured state along with shaq, comes within an inch of the nba finals by pushing the detroit pistons to 7 games.

yes, kobe bryant has three rings, and that's a great accomplishment. but, you'd be a damned fool to say playing with the superdiesel shaquille o'neal in his prime didn't have the overwhelming influence towards that. he made a lot of clutch plays for those laker wins, but credit shaq for his sustained dominance in the middle that gave kobe those extra legs late in games and in the season as a whole.
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

michael jordan's career efficiency rating: 29.19
    tracy mcgrady's career efficiency rating: 21.41
    kobe bryant's career efficiency rating: 20.55

michael jordan's career high efficiency for a season: 36.99
    tracy mcgrady's career high efficiency for a season: 28.80
    kobe bryant's career high efficiency for a season: 28.02

tracy mcgrady's closer to being jordan than kobe bryant, but neither are even close

kobe bryant's career achievements outweighing tracy mcgrady's can easily be explained by playing on better teams for longer in his career
    test
  5. Yung Lyon

Yung Lyon THE BOSS

^real talk
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

But..

Kobe > McGrady.
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

^yeah. The moron kicked his own logic right out of the fucking window, didn't he?

hahaha

wtf.

Kobe's the closest thing we've got to Jordan. Jordan had it made though. Kobe's in a shitty situation.
    test
  8. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

thats exactly why kobe > jordan
    test
  9. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

like u never do it lol...

and care to explain how jordan had it made???? he isnt the overrated fuck that had a HOF center at the start of his career.. not to mention all these new rule changes to get the swingman more involved in the game

now u and OC boy go spin this into a kobe and tmac thread like usual
    test
  10. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

word wade is the truth
    test
  11. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

kobe can average jordan's stats but can't lead a team to the finals like jordan did. that's it right there.

the next jordan averages 30/5/5 during the regular season and leads his teams to the finals and wins several championships. that's who the next jordan is.
    test
  12. iLL T

iLL T New Member

I think kobe is more vital to his team than Jordan was. The Bulls may not have won all those championships without Jordan, but when he retired for that year, the Bulls still finished 55-27 without him. Lets see LA do that without Kobe.
    test
  13. style-rip

exactly. pippen was a monster.

--------
    Hardkore the MC: kobe can average jordan's stats but can't lead a team to the finals like jordan did. that's it right there.

the next jordan averages 30/5/5 during the regular season and leads his teams to the finals and wins several championships. that's who the next jordan is.
    ---------------

bro, dont u see what u just typed? obviously basketball is a TEAM game and if kobe average the same stats as jordan, then perhaps his teammates are a lot worse. lakers cant play defense for shit, whereas chicago bulls were like the detroit pistons if u think about it. u act like 1 player can single handedly take his team to the championship. u cant do that without getting some quality help out there
    test
  14. toker

wtf would u know about pippen.. your bitch ass started watching basketball when phil joined the lakers
    test
  15. style-rip

obviously more than u.
    test
  16. toker

when it comes to kobe bryant, ill give ya that

too bad i know more bout that lakers and have watched them longer than u have

but then again i can probably say that to most of u so called laker fans
    test
  17. style-rip

just because u might've watched more laker games than i have has nothing to do with your knowledge and ability to analyze the team and/or other nba teams. if that was the case, every nba analyst would've been at least 80 years old
    test
  18. toker

pls u dont know shit kid

u(along with Rippy) fuckin tried to say kobe was better than jordan cus he reached what was it 10K points quicker or something

thats the type of shit u come up with

the laker fanbase on here is a complete and utter joke.. Rippy, u, grob, chingyboy, and tekneek might be the biggest collection of crap we got..

the funniest part is no real laker fans would claim u guys.. not when u claim kobe is the best laker ever... and that was several yrs ago, who knows where u guys will stoop to now
    test
  19. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

i'mma just say the bulls didn't make the finals the two years jordan was not with them in the mid-90's...
    test
  20. style-rip

i never said anything about kobe and the 10k idiot. just cuz one of us laker fans said it, u label it as ALL laker fans thinking the same thing. the difference between me and u is that all u do is speak based on your opinion. whatever u said right now is all opinions. no facts. no analysis. nothing. so keep typing.. you sound smarter each post
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.