Kobe Bryant Signs 2-Year, $48.5 Mil Extension

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by SiegeSupreme, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

They gonna suck nigga stop nitpicking
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

So in your opinion is he worth the money?
    test
  3. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Yep.

If not the lakers will honestly be terrible

Kobe melo who else? That's 55 million or so right there
    test
  4. J o o k

:chefoooh:

They can sign a nigguh like Humphries (I know he's not free, just an example) to take over for Gasol can't they?
    test
  5. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Lol no I don't recall nobody off hand that's an effective stretch big like gasol bro lol

They better make that call to the wolves and trade gasol and two unrestricted picks for love or some shit to make the future brighter
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

We goin after Rondo and Kevin love in the next few years

S'ko!
    test
  7. Scr1be

Scr1be Well-Known Member

Lmaooo

Nigga sounds like Kobe's wife or something.

If you look at it from an economic pov though, the NBA is a star-driven league, and Kobe is the biggest basketball player there is; not LeBron, not Melo - Kobe. He sells jerseys, tickets and boosts TV ratings. To the people in the front office, he is their cash cow, and they will ensure that he is well compensated and happy. That's why they will shell out that type of money for a 36 year old player. This is besides the fact that he is an iconic player for the organization. Kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest Laker of all time behind Kareem...and this is in a franchise that has had the likes of Shaq, Magic, Baylor etc..

Think of it as a bonus. Kobe has contributed to bringing rings, revenue and and increased popularity to the organization; plus he's generally a clasy guy. Its not like he's effing Latrell Sprewell or some shit. Inasmuch as it might not make sense from a competitive standpoint, it certainly makes sense from a business one and you can't really fault Kobe for accepting what was offerrd to him. Now if he asked for more, then that would have been greedy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  8. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

He like to fuck white bitches in the ass too so besides him ratting on niggas cheating on they wives he cool

But that's breaking the man code and I can't ever forgive him for him ratting on his fellow man
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  9. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

That's what I thought was gonna happen but with Kobe sucking up all the damn money I dunno cause both of them will still be in their prime
    test
  10. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

It wasn't just a second round draft this year bruh. Ya'll trading the second round draft this year, and your first and second round drafts next year.

Ya'll basicaly get to draft once in the next two years, which is the entire length of Kobe's contract. So unless you draft a top 5 player in this year's draft ya'll are fucked.
    test
  11. Scr1be

Scr1be Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm talking more or less his media personality than his personal life. He's a well spoken nigga that speaks 3 languages and is a global ambassador for the sport. Only real smirch on his record is getting accused of rape.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

the most liked team outside of their city is the lakers by far then close second is miami heat i think cause of bandwagon fans

kobe makes money and hes well worth the production alone once hes back imo, the money for advertising and all that is an unnecessary bonus
    test
  13. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

i dont think kobes the best of all time and when he fails in a game shootin too much and not being clutch i get a little giddy no homo cause it makes me laugh at my friends who dickride him.. but his injury honestly made me sad as fuck after the effort he put to keep those trash ass lakers in the running for the playoffs.. his heart and dedication is almost unmatched throughout basketball history... jah bless him i hope he comes back tip top for his age i know hea do better then jordan on the wizards
    test
  14. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

They don't need to bring in 2 star players.. Just signing Melo & retaining free agents like Hill/Farmar/Johnson/X/Young if he opts out & hopefully Pau at a discount will be enough.. Getting Nash's 9M completely off the books is key.. If they use the stretch provision on him he's still on the books for 3M.
    test
  15. J o o k

They may waive em
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  16. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

If the Lakers were able to sign Melo for a deal starting at 20M & Pau for 2 yrs/20M, their big 3 would still be cheaper than the Heats next season.. 53.5M to 56M.. Lebron is Lebron, but Kobe & Durant are the only guys you can make arguments for against him.. Melo is better & has more left in the tank at this point than Wade.. & while Bosh does a great job stretching the floor for Lebron to get to the rim, Kobe & Melo rely on their mid range games far more than Bron & Wade so Pau's passing ability would offset some of the advantage Bosh has.. Throw in all the good role players they'll have bird rights for like Hill/Farmar/Johnson/X/Young & that team is every bit as talented as the Heat..
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  17. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

That isn't possible. They can't afford to spend 53.5 million when 10 million is already guranteed to Nash and they have another 2 mill guranteed. That's already 65.5 mill and they only have 62 mil to spend.

Even Waiving Nash is only saving like 7 mill out of the 10 mil against the salary cap. That would stiill be 58.5 mil which is also more expensive than Miami's big 3 and all your players are older. That would leave like 3.5 mil for 6-8 other players which isn't possible once again when the league minimum is over 700k for anyone who isn't a rookie.
    test
  18. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

That made me LOL

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  19. J o o k

Bruh waiving Nash is saving 7 mil lol you know what that can get you????
    test
  20. J o o k

Breaking news!!!!

Lamar Odom said he'll come back for two cheeseburgers and a big gulp from 7 eleven :funny:
    test