Kobe Better than Jordan? lets discuss...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by _REAPAH_, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

he was drafted in 94. His prime was from 98 up until about 2003.
    test
  2. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

todays big men aint even big men... the average center is really more of a power forward lmao... lmao @ u putting jason kid as fast.... dog just cause a person is "athletic" dont mean greatness, even as a whole... u the type to assume that everytime the suns play the spurs the suns would win based on the tempo...

cmon man u gotta do better than this, i mean why u bringing up shit that scouts do man, i guess if chauncy can bench press 225 15 times that makes him better than tim hardaway who could only life it 8 times.... dont be ridiculous man this aint a point u making a point....
    test
  3. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

[​IMG]
    Tim Hardaway
    6'0
    200 lbs

[​IMG]
    Chauncey Billups
    6'3 200 lbs

who is stronger....hmmm...this is a toughie
    test
  4. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

niggas talkin outrageous.

by the way...dumars played until 99...and Jordan himself said Dumars is the best defender he ever faced. not none of these new cats you talkin about...lol
    test
  5. BTruth

BTruth Guest

lol...

hot shyt is just straight disrespectin the past man...seriously...

to argue 90's vs 2000's is just ridiculous...

you have to go back a LITTTTTLLLLLE farther then 10 years to argue athletic evolution in a sport haha..

wtf
    test
  6. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Um.

You CAN compare the 90s to today.

It's different, the game has evolved. Even the commentators and legendary players, like Bill Walton and Charles Barkley will tell you that.

No ones discrediting the 90s, which was the most aggressive, fearless time EVER in basketball. People would get beat the hell up in the playoffs.

Back then, they had no Amare Stoudamire, Dwight Howard, hell Kevin Durant (who will be there next year). The new age evolution began with the drafting of Kevin Garnett. Forwards are pulling up shooting 3s. Who did that back then? Fucking, Tony Kukoc? Lol, please.

Ya'll making it seem like if they put the best early 90s players against the best players today it wouldn't be close (aging not included) Please. Ray Allen against Reggie Miller. Jordan vs Bryant. Stoudamire vs Barkley.
    test
  7. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I aint disrespectin, i'm just being real. What did the players in the early 90's do that todays players cant???

Now, how many times did u see 7 footers leading the break in the early 90's. How many times u see them pull up for threes?

Theres no more hacking and handchecking, u think the defenders back then would be great today? Scottie Pippen, one of the top 5 defenders ever, said he wouldnt. Dudes would get crossed up and embarassed or just blown by often against todays players.

If u think todays players arent better ur just in denial or ur just dumb and/or blind.
    Dudes talking bout bench players would be able to start today cuz they started on expansion teams, get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.
    test
  8. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Exactly my point. You put together any 5 from the early 80's/ late 90's and i could put together 5 players from the last 5 years that would beat them.
    test
  9. Troll

Troll New Member

Yeah I'm 100% sure I'd take Magic, Jordan, Bird, Wilkins, and Jabbar/Ewing/Olajuwon over anyone you list.

Are you kidding me?
    test
  10. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

this nigga is fucking retarded yo.

Its really sad when the only person that agrees with you in a sports discussion is a female.

nigga talkin about fucking toni kukoc PROVES you dont know what your talking about. Uhh how about tom chambers, sam perkins...MAD people were perimeter players with garnetts size, that shit aint nothing new you dumbass....we're talking about 10-15 years ago not the 60s.

and thats for making my point...Jordan put up better numbers than Kobe DURING THE FUCKING HANDCHECK ERA. lol...you stupid homie.
    test
  11. Troll

Troll New Member

I don't think he realizes its HARDER to be great when you're being handchecked all game. Lol let Jordan in his prime play unhandchecked and Kobe's 81 wouldn't be as big of a deal as it was because Jordan would've done that two or three times.
    test
  12. MilfHunter

MilfHunter dear mr toliet im da shit

jordon is overall the best player ever

then tyrus thomas
    test
  13. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Nah, whats sad is a chick knows more about the sport then you do.

Wasnt the handcheck rule just put in place like 3 or 4 years ago. Didnt Kobe avg. 30ppg in 2002? Didnt T-Mac and Iverson avg. 30+ ppg a few seasons before that? What makes u think they wouldnt do the same in '92?

Todays defenses are more complex than the defenses back then, any analyst will tell u that. Todays worst defensive team is better than most defenses back then. When Michael Jordan had his 37 ppg season there was basically no defense being played. Not saying that he wouldnt do it now, just that its a helluva lot more difficult to do it now.
    test
  14. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

and i'm not arguing that Jordan isnt the best player, im saying that the league as a whole is better than the league back then.
    test
  15. MilfHunter

i think its the other way around..

more defense was played in the 90s...

idk how you see defense now? did you see the nuggets yesterday or two days ago idk

and how the fuck would kobe be able to score 60 then 50 then 60 then 50 idk and 43...thats unheard of.

its very impressive. but wats more immpressive, 6 championships could have been 7 in a row but he took a year off to play a diffrent sport!how sick is he...MJ is jesus
    test
  16. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

no the defense is better now. why you think every year for the past 5 years the nba changes rules to benefit offenses???

and dont act like there werent any horrendous defensive teams in the 90's.
    test
  17. BTruth

BTruth Guest

oh dear here we go
    test
  18. MilfHunter

casue they like scorers?i really dont know i cant tell if the defense is better than or now i cant remember. but if i had to go by memory and wat i see now id say today defense is that tough.

expect on the bulls.anyone see loul deng drop 38?even though that has nothing to do with defense
    test
  19. Nostrabrahmus

Nostrabrahmus Brahvant Garde

long ass argument with probably every point possible being made [funny]

i'll add this:

arvydas sabonis, had he come over to the nba in his prime, would have dominated and established himself as the g.o.a.t

kobe bryant cost the los angeles lakers a ring in the 2004 finals with his selfish agenda borne out of frustration over seeing shaquille o'neal win three straight finals mvp's
    test
  20. Odd Job

Odd Job didnt kno it was ur bitch

ur talkin out of ur ass and u normally dont. unheard of doesnt mean shit. corey dillon got 286 yards in a game, wtf does that mean????

kobe is doing some sick shit right now, but PLEASE take into account

-he doesnt have any good players
    -he takes WAYYY more shots than Jordan ever did
    -he doesnt make his team better collectively
    -he isnt a great leader
    -and his team is solely dependant on him (unlike Jordan)

no one factors this into the equation......

Kobe is nowhere near the player Jordan was. he is the closest but still not even close. Kobe doesnt even have the athletism Jordan did, let alone over all balling skills.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.