Kobe Better than Jordan? lets discuss...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by _REAPAH_, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

1v1 game kobe >jordan

but as a team player ill have to admit jordan> kobe ... and i hate jordan
    test
  2. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

lmao dog jordan was so dominant my nigga went and played baseball for two years cause he was tired of dominating suckas, only to comeback and win 3 more... shit jordan could have won damn there 10 championships had he not retired twice, for a dude to retire twice and still do damage lets you know jordan was above the nba
    test
  3. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

He will end up being better than Jordan statistically, but that's it...

And I love KB24 all day, everyday.
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

^Not really.
    test
  5. UneekTestimony

Yes, statistically. As in scoring ability.

Not winning percentage, championships, etc. Never.
    test
  6. In-Vek

In-Vek New Member

he will need to win more championships than jordan without a big man.......

if he aint better than J.....he's the closest one
    test
  7. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

it aint happening. Kobe Bryant has a 24.4 career scoring average right now and Jordans career average is 30.1.
    test
  8. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

jordan was a ball hog and had the luxury to play with horace grant in his prime
    kobe plays better defense and his 3 pt shot is on point.
    there's no comparison, you kobe haters just watch the tnt and espn games of the lakers and dont know shit.
    kobe is a greater player than michael ever was.
    lol@kobe dropping 42 in the 1st half vs jordan
    test
  9. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

he dropped 42 on a 42 year old. Congratulations.

Better defender. I respect Kobe's D. Jordan was a Defensive Player of the Year though, which Kobe hasn't done. Both have multiple first team All Defense honors.

And what's all this shit about stats. Dudes are forgetting some of Jordan's earlier cheat-mode type years. What was it, like 88, when he averaged 37, 8, and 8. Shot like 55% from the field.

Man, Jordan shot 50% from the field for whole fuckin seasons like it was nothing. Shit, I think if he didn't come back so many times he'd have averaged that for his career, that and the 32 that dropped to 30 after his DC stint.

(Edit: Just checked his official stats. Turns out, he DID shoot 50% for his career.)
    He's a GUARD. A fuckin 2 Guard shooting 50% from the field. And it ain't like Steve Nash or Stockten who are very selective with their shots, Mike was jackin em, most of the time over multiple defenders.

6 board, 5 assists? And you wanna talk about stats? Not to mention the whole team thing, making everyone around him about 2 notches better than they are. And the confidence that everyone has while playing with him. How bout the unhealthy ultra competitiveness.

Yall remember a few years ago in the playoffs when Kobe gave up in the 2nd half of an elimination game. Didn't shoot. Pouted like a puss.

I used to hate Kobe, I actually like him quite a bit now. But the Jordan comparisons are unwarranted.
    test
  10. UneekTestimony

Why people act like Jordan didn't have Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, and Dennis Rodman EVER?

Kobe would kill for that line-up.

I honestly don't think Jordan would've won without Pippen. Combination was fearless. And when jordan retired...pippen was doing it big.

Pippen was a monster.
    test
  11. style-rip

lol@u stating stats like they really tell the whole story.
    at least kobe never got cut from his high school team
    and he never quit basketball like jordan did... for fuckin baseball lolz
    test
  12. emcee50killa

emcee50killa New Member

I have to say, Kobe has suprised me. That dude is one of the most intense offensive weapons ever crafted.

But he is not as good as Jordan overall.
    test
  13. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

i dont even pay much attention to sports in general

but i kno this.......Jordan dominated his sport, to the fullest extent.....his numbers, his moves, and just as importantly his respect.....Kobe hasn't even come close to the reign Jordan had, and still has

only dudes who dominated a sport like that was Tiger an Babe Ruth
    test
  14. style-rip

yeah and wilt dominated his era much more than jordan did. perhaps wilt > jordan? your argument is flawed, son.
    test
  15. BTruth

BTruth Guest

ok whooaaaa im just ganna start with the STATS first of all...career stats...

Jordan Career Averages:

30.1 Points Per Game
    6.2 Rebounds
    5.3 Assists
    .497 Shot Percentage

Best season he averaged fuckin 32.5 PPG and 8 rebounds and 8 assists.. ...

fuckin insane..

KOBE career stats (so far):

24.43 Points Per Game
    5.19 Rebounds
    4.54 Assists
    .453% shots...

It boggles me that people are actually comparing Jordan and Kobe statistically...I realize kobe is in his prime and whatnot..but Jordans FIRST year in the league he averaged 28 points a game...he only had 3 seasons in his entire career where he averaged less then 25 points per game...and 2 of those were his last 2 seasons when he was playin for the wizards..

Mike never averaged below 20 PPG...not once in his career...he averaged exactly 20 ppg at the age of 40...

And this is just Stats, i havent even touched on the presence yet..

Rewind time back to the mid 90's...fuck, actually anytime 88-96..

Jordan was so feared and held in such high reguard...he was a legend before he even peaked lol

To be on that level you have to have the full package...Kobe is a great player..a hall of fame player..But, even if the statistics were even, I have yet to see kobe's presence alone on the court make his whole team around him better...

takes someone special to do that
    test
  16. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

uhh...kukoc and pippen played the same spot and kukoc was a horrible liability. Kerr was the stereotypical garbage white guy who could stand in one spot and shoot threes while rodman was a rebounder who couldnt be counted on to score more than 5 points a game.

Not to mention none of them joined the bulls till Jordans last three seasons except Pippen.

aside from Jordan and Pippen, nobody was really that great. And this was in an era where teams like the Pistons had Mahorn, Laimbeer, Dumars and Isaiah..the Lakers had Worthy, Kareem, Magic...the knicks had ewing starks bernard king etc etc....

all MJ
    test
  17. emcee50killa

emcee50killa New Member

Dennis Rodman was a beast...but I have to say that everyone on the Bulls trained harder under Jordianian leadership- he expected it and they wanted to contribute.

Bulls peaking (93)= crazier than any team in history.
    test
  18. style-rip

first of all, jordan went to college to polish his game before setting foot in the nba, and kobe came straight out of high school. the lakers were already a talented team, so kobe didnt get much playing time and opportunities. that's why his ppg early on was nothing to brag on, and thus, lowering his CAREER PPG, so you cant compare jordan's ppg to kobe's since jordan had an effect on his team right away since chicago was in need of a scorer. that's like if dallas were to draft brandon roy. he wouldnt even see the floor over 15 mins a game, and nobody would know who he was.

"I have yet to see kobe's presence alone on the court make his whole team around him better..."

maybe you need to get league pass to watch the lakers play other than on national television. lakers were up by 19 last night against golden state and when kobe went to the bench, that's when GS started to go on their run and went up by 9. im not sure how long of that stretch kobe was on the bench for, but it certainly got sparked BECAUSE he was on the bench. it's like his team gave up on defense and couldnt knock down a shot.
    test
  19. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

this thread is retarded

kobes not even a better player then magic johnson was, let alone michael fucking jordan

jordan had cartwright and Luc longley

kobe had shaq..

take away shaq kobe would have had not one single fucking ring..

you could give jordan mugsy bogues at center and he still would have all 6...

its like saying holyfield was a better boxer then ALI

your retarded
    test
  20. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

lol@ nique saying kerr as if that was an asset to jordan

kerr was a loaf who can launch 3's, thats it.. if he got 5 points a game he'd win player of the game

next your gonna talk about paxton and bj armstrong like they are jason kidd and lebron james...

as for rodman, they couldve done without him easily... and they did, he missed like half the games..

weak argument

only compliment to jordan was pippen, and pippen didnt win no championships after jordan left, and they had quite possibly the worst starting center in the league with cartwright

so we can compare kobe to pippen if anything... and shaq to jordan, career god wise
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.