Knowing what you know now...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

[if you could re-do the last ten years or your life, what would you do differently?

I know some "wouldn't change a thing because it made me who I am blah blah blah" - but they say "hindsight is 20/20" and I'm sure you can identify some places where you clearly didn't make the best decision(s), but were able to learn from your mistake(s)... thats what I'm interested in hearing... how you apply those lessons to your life today.]

Go...
    test
  2. tight-eyes

p.s. peep the sig... sooooo applicable to this thread :)
    test
  3. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I would have sex with all of the girls I didn't have sex with because either my game was wack or I made a wrong move that pissed them off.

I would've gotten more involved in my brother's life.
    test
  4. .+*MiXd_BeBeQ*+

.+*MiXd_BeBeQ*+ ReMi-Da dRuNkn pRiNcEsS

i would have spent more time with my grandpa. but its hard to turn back time...sometimes.. its just too late
    test
  5. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I think I would have done so much differently. I love my kids and husband dearly. More then life it self obviously.

However, I became a mother @ 17 and a wife shortly after 18. I think I would keep this all the same. But moved it down the road more. I would have worked harder in high school and actually listened when my teachers told me "You'll regret not taking that course later in life". Boy were they right. I think I slacked way too much in high school. I regret it big time now :eek:( I would have also gone onto college. I would have picked a career for myself and stuck to it. Then I would have done the whole marriage/children thing. With my husband still. But I just would have done it later. Had I known then, what I do now. I think I could have made it further then I can now. Reason being is, now my children come first. My career, whatever it is I choose to do. Will have to wait until I feel secure my children are taken care of. My job now is to be a Mommy. That's it. I can't bring myself to do anything else. Knowing I may miss something. Maybe that's something I need to learn to let go. But I just can't. I feel no job will pay me enough to miss something. Ya know?

Anyway that's all I'd change. Probably a few minor things as well. But not much.
    test
  6. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

Good thread Tight Eyes...

I would have exerted more effort in maintaining some of my past friendships that have gone bad.
    test
  7. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

im good at sports

im sure i coulda went to college for basketball

but i aint fuck with school like that

ehh thats about it

10 yrs ago i was 9 lol
    test
  8. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

I dropped out of school.. I wish I would have finished high school or taken another course before I had kids.. I took travel and tourism but I did not get a job in the field.
    My whole life from 13-24 I was a fucking drunk and did nothing but party almost everyday..It's a big blur to me.. I mean, it was fun but I feel that it took me away from alot of things that I should have done as a teenager..
    I wish I would have saved money and bought a house before I had kids..
    I wish I would have kept in better touch with my aunts/uncles/cousins after I moved away from them..
    So many things, I could go forever in this thread..lol
    test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i woulda made billions in the stock market

otherwise if i had to do my life over ide repeat everything
    test
  10. tight-eyes

Do you feel like you missed out on something by not having slept with all of those girls? Apparently, you've had your fair share of women... why the need to conquer 'em all?

If you would have spend more time with your brother, how would you have spent it [differently]?
    test
  11. tight-eyes

Hey you :-D Long time no see... I miss you around here! I have always really valued your input... I know we be wildin' up in here, but don't be such a stranger.
    test
  12. tight-eyes

Nanijah and Short, I agre with you two... I lub my babies dearly and I wouln't trade them for the wrld... but I would have waited... same kids, just later on in life.

I woudn't have wasted so much of my time on men who didn't deserve my time.

I would have trusted myself more and been more assertive.

I would have managed my money better.

I would have been more responsible.

I would have had better sex!
    test
  13. Insense

Insense take one...

nice reply.

im gonna go with doing better in high school. I just had this whole whatever attitude in high school, although i did graduate with honors so the high school thing kind of doesn't make sense, lol.

I'm glad I joined the air force b/c it has made me independent and able to take care of my daughter

I would have valued my relationship with my friends in my hometown more

I regret cheating on my first love and doing so many dirty things to her, but i was young and dumb when it came to relationships. Now, she wont even say hello when i bump into her in the mall or in wal-mart and it hurts in a sense b/c we devoted so much time together and now its like we are strangers.

I regret fucking my best friends girlfriend of like 3 years or so. To this day only me and her know about this, but it fucks me up when me and my boy are chillin and have deep convos and are all like, "I love you like a brother man" type talk. B/c of this regret I also regret putting "pussy" on such a high pedistle and letting it entrap me....b/c 8 out of 10 times it just wasn't worth it in the end.

But it made me who i am now so i guess its good to experience and learn from it, if you learn from it.
    test
  14. .:AC:.

.:AC:. Smokes or Bananas

ok yo i am 25
    10 years ago i was 15

so... in retrospect from 15 to now lets see

i wouldnt have done all those schrooms
    well that not so much i cherish my moments on schrooms actually

ok lets see
    i ditched out on a serious girlfriend once by just not calling her and changing my phone number and address with out telling her
    lets see nope im glad i did that

yo i dropped out of university after 2 years
    fuck it i am glad i did that

only thing i think i would have changed is not banging stupid skanks who were just playing me as a fool

so the way this affects my life is...
    ... well i dont involve myself with stupid bitches no more thats all
    test
  15. .:AC:.

.:AC:. Smokes or Bananas

but some of my best sex was with these "stupid bitches" so its a toss up
    test
  16. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

There is this one woman in particular who told me later on that she fantasized about giving me brains in my office when we were working together... I think about her often.

Conquer them all? I don't know... when I was out there fornicating, I didn't receive any fulfillment from it, but I liked doing it anyway... it was like a drug... I had to get my fix... I don't know if I was a sex addict or what... I was just lonely... and then my roommate was a player, too and he was always bringing girls over... so it was kinda like an overweight person working in a doughnut shop... the temptation was right in front of your face... and I'm a completist as well... I don't like to fail and when I do, I like to keep trying until I get it right... like how eventually, I'm gonna say the right thing to you and we're gonna be boning.. he he

Beatin' his ass more... knockin' some sense into him
    test
  17. I would have done better at at highschool so I didn't have to go back to community college and redo a lot of it again.

Wouldnt have given up playin football when I gave so much of my life to it.

Woulda had more courage to step to that girl with confidence.

woulda had my mums patience more in many situations..

woulda listened to my dad more when he had my best interest at heart but I wasnt mature enough to acknowledge it

woulda asked more when I wasnt sure..

Wouldnt have kept calling her when she didnt wanna talk to me

Wouldnt have lost track with so many people I grew up with
    test
  18. tight-eyes

I can understand that, I guess. The thrill of the chase, maybe? Maybe you received some sort of validation on account of these women "surrendering" themselves to you? I don't know... but I hear that from men a lot.

I know there will always be some unchartered territoty you wouldn't mind "conquering", but do you find the relationship you have now to be more fulfilling? Honestly...

Maybe next lifetime, Long Strokes. You are somebodies huuuuuuusband, afterall.

I'm sure you did what you could when you could. We're all ultimately responsible/accountable for our own choices in life, ya know. I'm glad you straightened up, though... I thoroughly enjoy giving you a hard time up in here on a regular basis.
    test
  19. K Senior

K Senior Lyrical Great White

wow, nice thread.

i think about this often enough, it makes me wonder a lot about how my life would have been different.

i played football in high school and i was pretty nice, first year of school i took the starters job on varsity. every year i improved my rushing totals and td's. then in the 7th game of my junior year i broke both my ankles and three ribs on my last ever play. i got crushed by this big fat greasy neck bastard defensive tackle and his gay ass linebacker homeboy. as i was layin cryin like a baby on the field waitin for the ambulance team to put me on the stretcher, all i could think about was "am i ever gonna be able to play again?" well, i got my answer a couple hours later, the doctor told me that the way my ankles were broken, i would never regain the speed i once had. nor would i be able to walk again if i ever took another shot to my ankles. so effectively my career was over, i had once had aspirations to go to college and i hoped i would make it to the "league". i know it was a long shot but it was my dream.

after that i pretty much gave a fuck about school. i stopped going, got involved with the local gangs and just turned into a fuckin punk. needless to say i didn't graduate, it hurt my moms feelings to see her only son stop givin a fuck. she moved me away from l.a. cause she thought if i got away from there then i would go back to the person i was before i got fucked up. well, thats when i met my girl/wifey, i moved back to l.a. after less than a year. i went back to bein grimey and then i got her pregnant, i was doing anything i had to to feed her and my son. then some shit went down and i lost two homeboys, she begged me to stop fuckin around, for her and my son. she asked me did i want my son to grow up with out his daddy. best shit she ever said to me. i got the money i had left, got my g.e.d. and joined the army. i know have three seeds and a sucessful army career, but honestly i wish i wouldn't have fucked up after i got hurt.

the truest shit ever said to me: don't stop caring about your education, cause without it, most people won't even give you a chance.

sometimes i sit and wonder, why didn't i just stay the course and go experience college. but, no regrets, just thoughts, i love my seeds and i would die for each of them.

sorry for the dissertation just a little background.
    test
  20. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

I can't look back a full ten years; I'm too young for that.

However, in the last five or so years, I've missed out on a lot of things due almost completely to my insecurities (mostly physical), and the introvertedness which came as a result of them. I've always tried to justify these things within myself, but as with all self-deception, the truth is clear to see. In the next four years of my life ( the University portion)... I'm going to work on being less introverted and try to extend myself beyond my comfort zone, hopefully that way I can be more at peace with myself.

womp womp womp.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.