Kno (of CunninLynguists fame) may be retiring

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by pill grim, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

if idiots don’t stop posting sample sources in the PUBLIC comments section on YouTube (the 3rd largest website in the world) and Last**** for e-props. I am going to quit making hip-hop music—and I mean THIS year. This is an absolute promise.

If I get another Cease & Desist Letter because someone couldn’t just use DM or e-mails to discuss samples, then Oneirology will be the last rap record I am ever involved in. Chico & The Man will be shelved permanently. I’ll come straight to QN5.com, post a copy of the letter, erase all of my social networking sites and that will be the last you hear from me as a hip-hop producer, ever.

Cross my heart.

I certainly don’t do this for the money, so I’m not about to deal with lawyers over some little boom-bap songs that nobody cares about because people that claim to “love” what I do can’t keep themselves from stabbing me in the back.

I quit. “tak08810” wants to talk about samples on the internet without being “targeted” by rap producers. Make sure you keep talking until you have nothing left to discuss.

RIP CunninLynguists 2001-2011. It was fun.

The Bad News | QN5 Forums

Chico and The Man shelved? | QN5 Forums

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
    saying that I'm bummed right now is a fucking understatement and a half.
    test
  2. C Murph

C Murph New Member

wow this is terrible news....dude is a genius with the production

hopefully this does not happen
    test
  3. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle ✂ Touche Douche ツ ✗○✗○✗○☂

test
  4. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

test
  5. kenchilla

kenchilla New Member

corniest person in hip hop today peace out nig
    test
  6. Minkaveli

Minkaveli VoKab

what about all the other people who post the samples for other producers? bitch move on his part if he quits IMO
    test
  7. C Murph

C Murph New Member

"The music I make infringes on copyrights. I am aware of this and have been aware of this, that is why I don’t stress getting rich off of it, I tell people to download it if they want to and I sink any money I do make back into making more records. I am not “blaming fans”, I’m stating facts—public discussion of specific instances of copyright infringement in my work is making it impossible to even create the music period, even if I were to give it away for free. It would still end up on Youtube and I’d still get served by Google-searching lawyers and publishing houses who think they might be able to squeeze money out of me.
    APOS would have cost 3+ million dollars to clear all of the samples on it—but some people have told me it literally SAVED THEIR LIVES. Should it not exist? Should I now be ectured on legal morality by people with just as many skeletons in their closets and blunts in their ashtrays just because they want to defend their right to talk about samples on one of the biggest websites in the world?
    It seems people have forgotten the nature of a true artist—I do this because I enjoy it, I think it sounds dope and I think it holds non-monetary value to people—legalities be damned. Not to get signed, not get on MTV, not to buy a Bentley.

Because of this, I can quit anytime I’d like for any reason I’d like—but I’m not going to be dishonest about the reasons behind it to save a few people’s feelings. People seem to have issues with the truth when it stands in direct opposition with what they feel entitled to." - KNO
    test
  8. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

I'm fucking famous brehs
    test
  9. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

how so?
    test
  10. seattlebattle12

i'm tak08810 :funny:
    test
  11. misterteenwolf

misterteenwolf Well-Known Member

holy shit thats hilarious
    test
  12. C Murph

C Murph New Member

so youre proud of this??
    test
  13. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

so your a faggot? maybe I'm missing something

He samples records, like every hip hop producer. You provoke him, intentionally jeopardizing his music.

How are you not a faggot?
    test
  14. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

On second thought, I bet Seattles joking...if so, haha.

If not, FAGGOT.
    test
  15. C Murph

C Murph New Member

way to go andrew

your an asshole and you should change your avatar
    test
  16. seattlebattle12

ROFL he deleted the original thread, if you read it you'd more likely than not realize I'm in the right.

Kno makes a thread bitching at "internet snitches" on youtube and "threatening" to quit if another "snitch" causes him to get a cease and desist letter. Obviously people get pissed and threaten those people on youtube revealing samples, in some cases with physical violence.

I made a post suggesting that they were "targeting the wrong people" and that the people revealing the samples may not know what harm they're doing. I mean before Kno I never realized that revealing samples could do so much harm. It's a fairly common thing. And I said that it's possible people just heard the sample from the original song and got excited and decided to post about it, perhaps to get people to check out Cunninlynguists.

I also said if he felt that strongly he should quit, since I didn't wish for him to keep suffering just for the listeners.

Everyone then caught massive feelings, and Kno felt the need to lock the thread ASAP and then delete it.

I was fairly reasonable in all my posts, but Kno decided to seriously overreact which is what I'm laughing at. If he honestly quits because of something he's too sensitive.

I didn't provoke anyone. i didn't troll. I didn't flame. If I did why would I post all of my real information? Because I'm certain if anything happened to me the person would look like a psycho for reacting that way.

http://boards.ign.com/hip_hop/b5113/199715058/p2/

Oh and I don't really care about where samples are from, and I have never asked or given information on a sample (you can choose to believe that as you will). I listen almost soley to hip-hop so learning the obscure twenty-year old indie song that Kno samples 1% of his melody from is pointless to me.
    test
  17. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

thats wack. kno is dope.
    i doubt he'll quit. hes been doing hip hop for like 15 years.

he's getting mad about something you can't stop tho.

you cant just quit
    test
  18. C Murph

C Murph New Member

nah bro im on those forums too...and for someone that rocks a qn5 avatar to not know that they dont have the sample clearance power of a Kayne West is foolish

enjoy your hand in ruining something you claim to love cause it brings you attention
    test
  19. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

don't really give a fuck about either side of this, but all i know is that kno should keep doing his thing. shelving CATM after like five years lmao on some detox shit. #cmonson even duke nukem forever is finally coming out
    test
  20. seattlebattle12

wtf? i wasn't talking about myself. i was talking about the people on YOUTUBE. you know the third most popular website???? Jeezus. You think they're all aware that Kno could get sued because they revealed a sample?

This is why Kno deleted his thread cause no one offered a real counter to my points.

Or are you down to slap/punch/shoot some kids on youtube on behalf of Kno too?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.