Kissing is taboo on BET?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by bigcfk24, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

I saw the Sugar video a while ago, and I noticed that censored a lot of words. But I hadn't heard the song before, so I didn't think anything of it. I downloaded it, and yeah. It's a pretty good song, I like Luda's verse on the Remix. But anyways, I saw the video again today, and knew the words. And realized that most of the words censored were about kissing. "She put that sugar on my tongue" "Just to taste my jaw, honey"

Very surprising in my eyes... Also, they cut out "she turns me on" and "skeet skeet".

So my question is: Do you think censorship is getting too strict?
    test
  2. Dialted

Dialted Mr. Ted dial

Yea, it can be sometimes.
    test
  3. wyn 23 QB

wyn 23 QB New Member

too strict i think its ridiculous
    test
  4. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

you got to think of the kids that are watching the program

you know what Im sayin.. censorship has to exist due to the large volume of kids that watch the shit

Is it too strict you ask, no I dont think so

If you want to hear swear words, and kissy-kiss shit than pop the cd in if you got it

Fuck television anyway
    test
  5. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

^Yes, you're right. But, most kids who watch rap videos know the words they're missing out on. I dont know if its just here, but alot of kids learn most vulgar language by 3rd grade.
    Seriously... kissing? Why in the world should kissing be censored?
    test
  6. AlmostFamous

kissing is considered one or two steps before sex

that is why it is censored

and you got to think of the cats that dont listen to rap music at all

for instance a little punk kid that has access to a remote control and turns it to Bet.. how good of a message do you think it would be if he/she would hear Lil Jon say "I dont give a fuck" etc...

know what Im saying
    test
  7. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

^Yeah, I get what you're saying, but still... I dont think talking about kissing should be censored. Little kids parents do it in front of them, so why can't they hear about it on TV?

I'm not a kissing activist, I'm just thinking that censorship is going too far.
    test
  8. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

censorship of words is just flat stupid. Because they're WORDS. Words. Fucking vocal chord vibrations combined with mouth movements. Words. FCC is the most pointless organization every assembled
    test
  9. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

Because BET is smart, they know what the hell they meant by sugar on my tongue, and trust me, it ain't kissing - hell, if you thought that song was was about kissing, then you're really aint listening
    test
  10. panthro5000

panthro5000 New Member

censoring is WAY too strict, this is a good example. i think its retarded that people get freaked out when a tit is almost show. Someone tell me when a breast has cause violence. Or maybe parents think that if thier child sees a breast they will become evil or sum shit.

fuck censoring
    test
  11. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

okay, that might not be kissing, but 'just to taste my jaw'? What else could that be?

I just think its weird in such a sex-driven society, that kissing and whatnot is considered vulgar. There was a song called 'Turn Me On', that got monster play almost everywhere, and then BET censors "she turns me on". It just seems stupid to me.
    test
  12. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

skeet skeet means to jizz on a girl.
    test
  13. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

Yeah, I know, but remember Get Low? 'AW SKEET SKEET', and everyone was fine with it.

I was just saying.
    test
  14. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

yeah but maybe they didnt know back then
    test
  15. AlmostFamous

I dont think most of the people that even listen to hiphop on a regular had a clue what skeet skeet meant at first

until some dumbass explained what it meant and it got the attention of the FCC
    test
  16. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

the censorshiping is wack, sure, u shouldnt be able to say fuck or shit, but how can u say SKEET SKEET??? wtf is this, do they know wat that means? cum is censored, but not skeet skeet, they mean the same dayum thang, and why the fuck is the word "die" censored? on that song hold you down, its on the hook where those 2 girls sing "...till the day that i die" dont get it...
    test
  17. Ugoff

Ugoff New Member

Please, I am Ugoff.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.