Killzone 3 beta

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by ARCHITECT, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

Whose getting killzone 3 and whos eplaying the beta right now?
    test
  2. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Went over to a friend's house to play KZ3 beta, because its one of two titles that may convince me to repurchase a PS3.

Its sluggish in response. ADS is bulky and cumbersome, the unlocked attachments aren't all that impressive. The game modes are solid, and I enjoy the system they've laid out for custom classes.

I enjoyed playing the game, and it was less frustrating then the newest Halo and CoD titles - but it was also less satisfying. Gameplay didn't excite me enough. Nothing to make me feel super involved in what was happening on the screen. Less captivating, I'd say.

So all that considered, its not worth it - and I will continue to be 360 exclusive until the new Twisted Metal goes into beta, if it even has a beta.
    test
  3. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

its just the beta its not even the full game killzones online play has always been solid and no lag this is going to be game of the year grahics and game play are superior to anything that the x box can put out this is definetly going to be game of the year best most slept on fps out there
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

how do you get on the beta? just have PSN? or do you need Plus or to preorder it?
    test
  5. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

just go to the playstation store and dl it
    test
  6. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Graphics will be dominated by Crysis 2 and GoW3.

No argument that its a solid game, but it has limited replay value - especially with CoD, MoH and BBC2 available on PS3.
    test
  7. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

Ive nevr been a big fan of cod so ill be playing killzone 3 alot .. And mlb show 11... And 2k 11 not a big fan of moh either so for me killzone 3 hasd plenty of replay value
    test
  8. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

cod and moh are overated everybody hops on cod they dont know about kill zone its a slept on game
    test
  9. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Killzone 2 was pretty popular, but it lacked a large player base because of its sluggish adaptation of the combat. ADS is notoriously slow, and the sprint seems like a very small increase in foot speed. Just a bunch of minor issues that resulted in not too many people playing it.

KZ3 might have a good pool of online players a month or so after release - but I predict a quick drop in repeat players due to the good amount of AAA titles due out in the Winter/Spring quarter of this year.

.. and CoD isn't overrated. 700k+ playing, right this second, even with the controversy surrounding the sniper patches and ghost pro whoring.

MoH was never my game, so I can't review it - but friends who play it seem to either love it or hate it. Which tends to be how most people feel about off-brand FPS titles.
    test
  10. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

just becuase everybody and their momma plays cod it doesnt make it a good game... personally i dont think it matches up to killzone three and its class system.. weapons ... . its unlocks and missions and death match.. graphics environments gameplay mutiplayer and im not even getting into its offline story mode. Kz3 is a different feel than cod thats why people who are so use to that kind of play are going to go back to it rather than give sumthin different a try. Fact is kz3 is inovative in its missions and weapons it brings sumthin to the table that fps shooters need ive played mag cod and medal of honor and none compare to it. Its user freindly and you get to learn about the maps instead of having to be worried your gonna be sniped like 1 sec into the map or about glitchers.
    test
  11. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Every "innovative" thing about KZ3 was taken from CoD, MoH, and Halo - but keep the faith.

Bulletstorm was released the same day, and dominated sales.
    test
  12. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

if anything was taken from cod it would have been a shitty game im playing killzone right now and most the people pre ordered it that i played with got it the first day and the dlc is gonna be amazing for this game the maps are incredible and shit on anything cod has to offer... so what bullet storm isnt in the same league as killzone 3 in graphics and gameplay
    test
  13. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Actually, the render specs on Bulletstorm are better - But you can't argue with a fanboy.
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well killzone 2 was handsdown the best LOOKING FPS i've ever seen

don't think anything has topped it yet (at least on consoles i know the pc is supposed to have way better stuff but eh)
    test
  15. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

Killzone 3 = g.o.a.t of fps
    test
  16. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Crysis 2 will easily be the graphics powerhouse game to play, and its console. The skinning in 2k11 was amazing. The new Fight Night has a way more realistic look than the previous titles. Graphics as a whole are just jumping to new levels with every new release. Killzone 2 was so sluggish, and the movement was so erratic - that it ruined a perfectly good game.

KZ3 doesn't have the movement issues - but it still lacks in adrenaline fueled moments.

ARC apparently doesn't realize that KZ has been borrowing from other AAA titles since its creation. Not much of a fan if you don't know the history - and a next generation game can never be the GOAT of anything. The groundwork was laid by a hundred other games.

PS3 kids come off stupid as fuck sometimes, tbh. Makes me ashamed to admit I ever owned one. Smh.
    test
  17. ARCHITECT

ARCHITECT New Member

you cant comapre kz3 to any other fps out there its impossible nothing even comes close if anything there are games biting off that game
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol

nothing wrong with ps3, but i agree with the controls although it was still a fun game (single player i'd never play online on ps3).

I thought the art style and atmosphere was really good and unique, although yeah the gameplay felt familiar.

Although i wasn't a big fan of Modern Warfare 2 (only COD i really played) single player was too short and online I didn't really like
    test
  19. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

skyrim will be the top title to see on PS3 however if killzone 3 looks anything like the second sequel it should be sick.
    test
  20. SmiRk

SmiRk Logic or Death

Agreed. MW2 lacked in anything resembling a solid solo experience. I found the Spec-Ops were significantly more fun than campaign.

And no.. theres nothing wrong with PS3 - you're right. I'm confusing ARC's blinded-by-the-new-car-smell mentality get confused with millions of gamers. But.. saying KZ3 isn't taking pieces from other major titles is just silly. These mainstream FPS games share so many aspects, I don't know how ARC doesn't see/understand that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.