Kid tackled, cuffed and tasered for asking Kerry questions at UCF

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

You're slower than I thought, okay:

1. Social Science is not sociology, but sociology is a social science. [dummy]. Here's a hint: what else also falls under the social science umbrella?

2. You haven't shown proof of anything. You show a piece of paper anyone could type up with your "rap name" scribbled like a 2 year old across the top. Would you believe anything I presented like that as evidence of anything? no.

3. And finally, wasn't you...no, I'll stop there. [funny]
    test
  2. so predictable.

I am very well aware that social science is a 'bucket of disciplines'. Sociology has deep ties with a wide array of these other disciplines, philosophy, economics etc. Seing as sociology has been more than adequately covered as a part of the social science programme, (was actually the main emphasis) then I have a degree in sociology. Thus, you=not the sharpest knife in the draw.

I have no reason to lie about my qualifications, especially online. Who am I going to impress around here? You would buy into that reasoning, however, seeing as you brag about your qualifications whenever you can and to anyone who will listen. Perhaps you should ask yourself why when you are one of the oldest here and should be considered one of the wisest, most people think you are a plank.
    test
  3. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

The thing is though, although there were six of them if the guy had any ability at all to cause bodily harm to ANY of the police officers trying to subdue him then he is still considered a threat and by law they can still use non lethal weapons (IE Tasers) to calm him down.

That can be the defense the officers use in this case....if there will indeed be a case.
    test
  4. Straw_Man

Straw_Man If I only had some brains

What a spaz. They should have pepper sprayed him too.
    Speak and act as though you are educated and you'll be treated as though you're educated. Speak and act as though you are a spaztic freak of nature and you'll be treated like a spaztic freak of nature.

If he had been calm and spoke without the aggressive tone, Kerry would have been forced to answer the question. But, asking 3 questions in a row, in the way that he did, and then reacting to the security in that manner is just ridiculous.

"They're going to kill me! Somebody come with me and make sure that they don't kill me! Tell everybody!"

Kid sounded like a fruit basket.
    test
  5. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

Can you fucking mugs just shut up about your shit sociology degrees? It's not even a real subject, blus a BA is crap.
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Yeah, a BA in sociology gets you nothing except into grad school (and you'd be better off going into something other than sociology). Of the '98 class at Morehouse, I think ONE OF US went on to grad work in sociology...

The rest of us did law, I think.
    test
  7. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Bwhahaha @ brit.
    test
  8. Cedric

Cedric or otherwise Ced

Most security divisions follow a leveled-plan to subdue their assailant through the use of deadly force, and [in this order,] it looks something to the effect of:

1)Voice commands
    2)Pepper-Spray/Mace, or Taser
    3)Expandable Baton, a Wand, or Tonfa
    4)9MM
    5)Heavier artillery thereafter

Cuffs and hand-to-hand are the wild cards, it fits in however the situation sees fit.

I viewed the video, and based on the guy’s actions, what security did to subdue him I see as “fit”. He was speaking to John Kerry in an overtly and overly-vulgar tone. To top it off, it was his personal choice to not take breaths or allow Kerry to answer one question at a time. This would only mean that the nearest security officer(s) give him the proper nudges (non-lethal, to boot) and voice-commands to “calm down” or cease in his actions. This is all out of courtesy. Of course the guy ignored their courtesy-call, and continued to spray words at Kerry, so security had no choice but to escalate their use of force, which is to physically restrain him, enough to motivate him to stop speaking. Once again, the guy ignores this and continues to spray words at Kerry, and even nudges out of/walks away from security at the same time. The next step, given the situation, is to pull the wild card out, and cuff the assailant and position himself so as to cease movement. By this time, the guy was having a panic-attack (physically and verbally), and his actions could be deemed as “resistance to comply”, and heavily at that. The taser was a fine choice to cease temperamental behavior, so what security did in that whole scenario made perfect sense.

His episode of restraint could have been easily avoided had he complied to security’s courtesy nudges, and allow Kerry to answer one question at a time. Vociferous activity the whole time did himself no justice either. It’s not what the guy was asking, it’s how he implied it and his resistance to security the whole time, and security’s actions was only clockwork.
    test
  9. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

^^Makes sense to me. I saw the vid from a different angle, and noticed his hands were in fact NOT in t he cuffs when they tased him. However, as a defense attorney, I could still probably make a very good argument for excessive force. Keep in mind, Kerry had no problem with his questions because he was answering the questions even as the young man was being carried out and said that such force was not necessary. They also used a choke hold I could have sworn was outlawed.

It can also be made apparent that such use of a taser was unnecessary in restraining him. They could have cuffed him quite easily. At one point, he was actually picked up and carried down the aisle.

Also, they were trying to charge him with some crazy stuff once they got him in the foyer, it seemed like. Idunno, I haven't watched the vid since I posted this...
    test
  10. i have never known a person to be so ignorant of their own stupidity and actually bask in the pseudo glow
    test
  11. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

test
  12. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Nosce Te Ipsum
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

lol... i seen worse... this kid was askin for it.

and lmao at screaming for "help." who the fucks gonna help you? it's the god damn police!
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

lol, I've noticed just about everyone thinks this was wrong and something should be done about it, yet there is a room full of at least 80 people who just watched it happen.

Police or not, if that happened in another country, people wouldn't be sitting there just watching it happen.

It's a joke that the average American criticize feels so hard done by to begin with, but the fact none of you actually does fuck all about it but rant on a message board...

...you lot should be thankful you have the government you do.
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

lol, well i welcome any of you foreigners to come over to america and combat police brutality. that should make for some more funny videos...
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Riiight, now you might want to go and read up a bit, son.

America rioting/police brutality is nothing compared to Europes and South Americas etc.

Until police in America are using riot vans, horses, tear gas, riot gear to police and beat down fathers and sons at a football match and drunk women and men at the weekend, you've no real say on the matter. I wont even comment on the polictally orientated riots.

Until Americans actually STAND UP against UNARMED police offers, as in the video, you have nothing to say.
    test
  17. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i dont need to read up on shit, "son.". i could give a fuck about police brutality in ur country... hence why i dont comment on it.

lol @ u trying to compete with me over who's country has worse police brutality. "NUH UH OURS IS WORSE."
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.