"KID CUDI's album is ONE BIG ASS LIE..he NEVER STRUGGLED"-former Mgr. of KID CUDI

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Knowledge, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

test
  2. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

test
  3. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Couldn't really care less if he struggled or not honestly

If the music is good I would still listen

But I don't really like Kid Cudi's shit anyway, not my cup of tea
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Idk, blatent fraudelence is something I can't get passed.

Rick Ross is good, but I can't get passed the fact that he's so fake.

I can't get passed the fact that fifty snitched.

I can't get passed the fact that Kanye had rich parents.

I mean, it's one thing when you talk about it in third person, as a commentary, like Lupe does a lot, or Blu, but it's a different thing when you really try to portray that what your saying is what really happened. It's hard for me to explain, and I don't feel like typin' an essay, so I'll leave it at that...
    test
  5. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

he mad

cudi blowin up

who dont be broke abd struggle sometimes

fuck that rich nigga
    test
  6. Noncentz

There is a huge difference in being broke because of circumstance and flirting with starvation and 'being broke sometimes' and not being able to afford the newest Nike kicks.

And it's not like he was from a somewhat poor but not 'ghetto' city like some rappers, he's from fucking Shaker Heights.

No one likes a liar, no one.
    test
  7. Noncentz

Like, you don't see nothing wrong with someone saying they have cancer and taking all sorts of money from people and companies when they don't actually have cancer at all?

It's almost the same thing.

It trivializes real poverty and suffering in America and makes it seem almost like a fairy tale, like it doesn't exist.

That's not cool.
    test
  8. jaykay

jaykay New Member

Um...

I don't get it.. I don't recall in the album many times where he alludes to a tough childhood like living in the hood, being poor, etc. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. but the most I can recall right now is "got two older brothers one hood one good". The album is focused on his STRUGGLE, but the whole point is that it is his PERSONAL struggle.. the struggle in his head with depression/drug use/issues/dreams/etc. Now how the fuck are you gonna call someone out on the struggle in there head like they're lying? I don't care how close you are to him, no one knows what goes on in another's head.

That's why the album is different to like an Illmatic or something..or the majority of hip hop albums really.. the album is mainly focused on what's going on in his head - his thought processes and emotional struggle, rather than talking about a physical struggle of growing up poor, in the projects, around crack fiends, etc.

My take on it anyway.

I didn't actually listen to the interview though..
    test
  9. bitchfag

bitchfag Guest

He wasnt that rich he had a job when he went to NY
    test
  10. RZA n Wu 36

RZA n Wu 36 Member

Exactly......

LISTEN to the album and yall would know this. Besides, he put himself out there like almost NO rappers do nowadays. Respectable, IMO.
    test
  11. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

wait...you mean a rapper is embellishing and/or fabricating a past of hardships?

shocking...
    test
  12. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

but they all didnt see the lil bit of sadness in meeee

scottyyyyy

iveee got sum issues that noooobody can see
    and alllll them emotions are pourin outta meeee
    test
  13. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

next your gonna be telling me that most rappers dont sell drugs, have 50 cars, and murder for fun like they say they do!

OHHHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  14. DHighman

DHighman the wikedest

real talk. i dont remember the definition of struggle having anything to do with growing up in the inner city, selling drugs, or carrying guns. everyone has a struggle of some sort regardless of socio-economic status. even affluent people still have alot of problems to overcome.

on top of that, cudi's not even really rappin so you cant even call him out on not being hood and using a hood-typical art form. hes just expressing himself.
    test
  15. Anonmuz

Anonmuz Decepticons = Truth

I agree with jaykay and DHigh. I aint watched it yet but I can resond to the title and say CuDi album wasn't no front, it is some real hit and nothing over the top and nothing hood.

CuDi is an artist, that whole album is a big ass portrait.
    test
  16. vandalism

vandalism the king

that ex manager must be real mad he got fired
    test
  17. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

But at the same time why you judgin the man and his past based off where he from?? That's ignorant. Maybe he ain't from the hood but that don't mean he ain't never struggle, individuals face different struggles in life, not just poverty.

Cudi's album is mad fresh, shit ain't most rappers "g's, killaz, and pimps" nowadays?? Hip Hop is full of some of the biggest liars in the whole music industry and to me Cudi come off true.

And this album is just another one that backs up my conclusion that the music industry is fucked. He got a record deal, is livin his dream but doesn't seem happy. I think he got a spiritual battle goin on inside right now. The white music execs (aka the devil) want his soul, or maybe they already got it.
    test
  18. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Kid Cudi has yet to impress me
    test
  19. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I'll have to admit I was kinda quick to judge, haven't listened to a single song of his besides Make Her Say. Just kinda figured his former manager would be a reputable source, now thinking about it dude probably is just salty about getting dropped as the manager to one of the bigger new acts in hip-hop.

Rich people struggle too, I just thought he was talking about the struggle of the poor, which is what was implied in this thread.

Sorry for jumpin' to conclusions, everyone that has actually sat down and listened to his album has said nothing but good things, and that there's nothing fake about this album, it's actually very personal...
    test
  20. DHighman

DHighman the wikedest

hahahaahhahh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.