Keystyle poetry

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by The_MRB, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

no,no,no,no

freestyling is an emcees way to show skill but poetry is about thought, i mean fast poetry if it feels good right in that way, but too note that a poem is keystyled, is just an excuse to turn in something very shit
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^ I disagree....I do freestyle mc and I do keystyle poetry....its just what ever comes out in a short amount of time.....now when I sit down and think....look out because that is REAL poetry

but dont get it twisted there is such thing as "Keystyle"....and doesnt have to be wack?
    test
  3. ChyllTyrant

ChyllTyrant AmIEternalOrAnEternalist?

[gay]

oh shit... this dude str8 set off the gay alarm. wow.

plus:

i think you have no idea what your talking about.

and i would whoop your munkey ASS in a battle.

wow again.

PEACE
    test
  4. The_MRB

homophobia for no reason at all as well as being shit, hmmmm youv'e also not made any POINT yet alone a good one on why you are right, unlike the other cat who is prepared to discuss this, u know im right, u arrogant cunt

and wtf a BATTLE? a poetry battle, uve set of the nerd alarm, if u think the gay alarm is a valied insult.
    test
  5. The_MRB

it makes for shit poetry, that is rushed, uve jus admitted your poems when you sit down and think is better.

i beliave freestyling is a valied form of showing skill for an emcee. but as far as true poetry is concerned, the only skill u show with keystyling is that you can think really fast, and the only purpose of it is too just get a quick poem off, so u can post it online and then when people diss it u can say "it was only a keystyle"
    test
  6. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

i beg to differ MRB....

1st....theres no such thing as a ghitty poem....whatever it means to you is whats important...for example...its a way for me to release, if it dosnt make sense to others then thats their problem, fourtunatley enough other poets are intellectually able to see the writers perspective and we dont get those problems...

2nd...I personally believe Keystyled poetry is the more authentic form of poetry, only because its comes right then and there...showing the true emotion and feelings of the writer...when its pre-thought perhaps some of the original emotion is there but much of it is edited, cut out, etc etc...

peep this:
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=873939

thats a keystyled poem...judge for yourself.
    one
    test
  7. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

"Fast" poetry may also be a "keystyle" in that sense, but anyway this is based on your opinion so I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just going to say that I do not agree with you. Many of my poems are actually keystyle but I'm not concerned to say it is or isn't because you can't tell with my stuff. Same as others I would believe.

"is just an excuse to turn in something very shit"
    ^that's basically saying a poem itself is.
    test
  8. The_MRB

the cat sat on the mat, he wore a hat, he looks like a bat, o precious scenary

^
    shit poem
    test
  9. The_MRB

no, im saying you can develop a much more coherant and more thought-provoking [poem if you sat down and think however to the dude who posted before you i do accept fast poetry as long as its not noted that its "keystyled" becoz people use this as an excuse when you diss it. As i said for me a lot of keystyles are used to churn in nothing meaningless poetry jus so one can have a piece on the board
    test
  10. The_MRB

see im not dissing that style of poetry, hoever i do belieave at times it can be less effective as for your point that the emotions shine, this indeed is true, but some people such as the anti-christ poet who posted in this thread actually go back and edit their "keystyles", however i am not contradicitng myslef as they still refer to them as "keystyles" as they leave basiclaly all shit in, just changeing a few aspects of their "emotional" outpour.
    test
  11. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

i guess i could agree that some may use it for an excuse...thats unfourtunate, i personally however take criticism how its given...negative or positive...i've learned that you can elevate of both, and thats the only way you can elevate...so if somoene isnt up to par on taking feed the right way then they kinda shit outta luck then i guess.
    one
    test
  12. The_MRB

yes i guess i can see where yall coming from 2, well apart from post 3, howeva i will stand and be peised at anyone who uses "Keystyle" in the title of their poem or after less than positive comments adding that it was a keystyle
    test
  13. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Keystyle is a shitty word to use period in my books. This is coming from somebody who used that word back in the day when I would post shit up.

If that was the case for me..my stuff was always keystyled. To me keystyle is..you write it down...as it comes..you don't go back and perfect it anymore..it just is what it is.

That's how I write 98% of my stuff anyways...I let it be what it is...it is as it came to me. That's how I want it to be.

I think some people use that...as admitting that it may not be the best piece they ever wrote so "its a keystyle".....it's "don't hurt me if this isn't the greatest thing you ever read"

But I say there's no need for that.
    test
  14. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

yea..true...its kinda sad that some use that as an excuse to try to get softened up criticism...like i said before...i like negative criticism as well as positive...sometimes i'd prefer more negative criticism so i can elevate more...if its always positive you cant really elevate that much off of it...so yea, people jus gotta learn to take criticism and feedback in a positive way...whether it be good or bad.
    one
    test
  15. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I agree with both sides to a point. Although alot of people say that poetry on the spot, just put out there, without any corrections is the best poetry.......some of it may come out nice, but i think revisions are always needed. And yes, it is about deep thought. But sometimes the first thing that comes to mind, is the right thing. But I am pro-revision, and pro-editing.
    test
  16. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

i guess i'd have to say im not...if its not feelin right to come out onto a pad, if im not feelin right...then its just gonna wait till its ready...and whatever comes out, comes out.
    one
    test
  17. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

lol...thats funny...cuz im a horrible freestyle when it comes to rappin...
    one
    test
  18. The_MRB

dont get me wrong im for editing as well, especially if its not a poem written fast, but peeps were using "keystyle" as a term to justify their work then saying they edited it as well. As for poetry of the dome, i'd probably be agaisnt editing that, but if i did i would defiantly not refer to it as a keystyle not that id refer to anything as a keystyle anyway
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.