Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Mr ExZ, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

lol definantly.. im gonna go as far as to say 85% of the people in this thread dont no shit about shit
    test
  2. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

its not about what durant is doing this year...its what Oden is going to be doing in the Nba...

Durant=Garnett

Oden=Duncan
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I'm going to give some clarification. First, Prince you're a moron. So anybody who doesn't agree with you is ignotrant? Wow, great stance.

Both players will be all-star caliber. And Durant will have a more immediate impact. Greg Oden will take time to develop because he's still rather skinny and is going to be adjusting to playing center in the NBA. I have no doubt in my mind that that's the hardest spot for a college player to transition to the pros.

Great that Durant has all sorts of offensive skill. All-around players will always be more important than one dimensional guys. Durant will come out the gates quicker, but after 2-3 years there will be no question that Oden is better. He plays on both ends of the court and is at the most important position in the game.

FG%:

Durant-47.9
    Oden- 61.1

Most important position on the court.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

if your judging soely on this year your a moron..

not to say durant couldnt be better he very well could be better than oden.

however if u pass up on oden and hes great thats a bigger lose than passing up on durant if he becomes great.

fact is players like durant come around, whose the last great center to come out?

i can name aton of sf/g to come out recently.
    test
  5. the Prince

the Prince New Member

erick dampier is shooting 65.4% from the field in the nba, what are you trying to prove?

oden plays on a team loaded with talent and experience in a below average conference

texas sent pj tucker, daniel gibson, and lamarcus aldridge to the nba last year. texas has one senior on their team and he doesn't even start

kevin durant is easily better than greg oden and you will understand how fucking stupid you sound in 5 years
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

[pus] Does your crystal ball say anything about what lotto numbers I should pick?
    test
  7. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

lol..

who is the starting power forward for the Spurs?

Tim Duncan

who is the starting center for the Spurs?

either Francisco Elson or Fabricio

Tim duncan is not a center, even if he is listed as a PF/C.

When you said name a dominant center - you were talking about true centers, like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, etc.

Tim Duncan is a dominant big man. Not a dominant center. He is a power forward who can also play the 5 - hence the PF/C.

Just because someone can play multiple position - doesn't make that their natural position.

T-mac can play the point, does that make him a point guard? So can Lebron.

Duncan is NOT a Center, quit being a dipshit.
    test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

how can u say center is the most position on the court? the fuck.. theres no such thing

if u dont have a point guard to get the ball up the court.. it doesnt matter how fuckin good ur big man is if ur guard gettin stripped at half court n not gettin him the ball

theres no such thing as most important player on the court.. what kinda dumbass statement is that
    test
  9. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

:screwy: [funny]
    test
  10. Iceodu921

wow wtf is this xzereous moron..

thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
    test
  11. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

did anyone watch durant yesterday??
    and see the similarities between his game and the europeans??
    meanwhile i think he could use another year to get in better shape ... he's dying ... i dont see how he could last 82 games
    test
  12. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

but that's also wishful thinking and reaching from a lifelong longhorns fan
    test
  13. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

kevin durant

the kid is going to be the next michael jordan

he'll be better then kobe, lebron, and any other pretender

kid will bring back the NBA
    test
  14. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

plain and simple..

without good guards.. i dont care wat big man u have.. ur not gonna win

without a decent big man.. ur gonna get killed on the glass.. n ur not gonna win

its a team effort.. there is no one position-- take this from someone who plays collegiate ball.. meanwhile yous got cut from ur middle school sqaud
    test
  15. Iceodu921

then why is it that 9/10 times a big man will go earlier in the draft than a guard? also look at nba champions look at how many go around a great bigman.

a center is way more important than a sg/f..

no matter how you wanna slice it.

and its very possible durant will be better hes a great player but its not that hard to find a good sf/g whereas in todays nba its almost impossible to find a top center.
    test
  16. Screech

Screech I came, I saw, I conquere

durant doesn't even play the same style as jordan? lol

GREG ODEN ALL DAY
    test
  17. the Prince

the Prince New Member

marcus fizer > greg oden
    test
  18. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Aiight really it depend on what your team needs, what type of system you runnin' and alot of other shit, based on erything being equal, u can pick either 1 of them and be good.
    But with the teams that have the best chance at the 1 pick

Milwaukee: Could pick either one, but proly lean more toward Oden cuz Bogut is in no way a 5 and a liability on D

Boston Proly lean toward Oden, Oden, Jefferson, and Pierce would be a lethal frontcourt and Pierce and Durant play a similar type game

Charlotte Proly lean more toward Durant, becuz Okafur is already a decent big man, and Durant would definitely help spread the court, even though him and Morrison are basically built the same

Seattle Proly more toward Oden, Durant and Lewis got kinda similar games and they really really really need some kind of presence down low

Memphis Proly wouold pick either 1, I really can't call it for them

and yeah, i lift Philly and Atl out of it, Philly don't deserve to ruin another #1 pick's career and if Atl is out of the lottery that pick goes to Phoenix so I really don't want to think about them gettin' that #1
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

huh? what you taklin bout big men goin to the draft before guards? iight lemme school your dumbass on some shit right quick.. 9 times outta ten huh?

Andrea Bargnani (Forward), LaMarcus Aldridge(Center), Adam Morrison(Forward), Tyrus Thomas(Forward ), Shelden Williams (Forward)

thats the top five picks from last years draft.. big man arn't always drafted first.. wat kinda dumb ass comment is that--

and your confusing good players with good teams you dumb cunt.. im not sayin big men cant make a good team.. but without a complete squad your not gonna get those championships.. how many championships won with just a big man and no supporting cast?

im done wasting my time on your fuckin dumbass.. you fall under that 85% in this thread who dont no shit about shit
    test
  20. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

i agree with a lot of that.. philly will be nice next year though dont sleep.. im happy they winnin games now and shit but what the fuck.. they need to start loosin, our lottery pick is gettin slimmer n slimmer
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.