kendrick or not, rass kass will always be the king of the west for me ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this ain't flavours of the month though, rassy has been on my playlist since '96.

pep love is good, ice cube is worth mentioning, agreed.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

that's a shit analogy and you know it.

how do you hear kanye west playing football?

test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

fuck me in the fires of hell, i forgot about my favourite rapper - blu.

he should wear the crown and comfortably sit on his rightful throne.

completely forgot that he was from the city of lost angels.

test
  4. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Rassy is arguably top 10 but unarguably top 30 of all time.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  5. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

Nas is the king of east coast and the best alive

If you say the overrated as fuck Kendrick is the best of the west you have not been listing to rap for 10 yrs

Best of the west

Ice Cube
    Ice T
    DR Dre
    Snoop
    Too Short
    Eazy E
    E 40

Rass Kas is good but not even top 10 west coast sorry
    test
  6. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Nobody cares shut the fuck up

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

I can easily name niggas better than that shit-list u ol stuck in the 90's geezer.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  8. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Nas is better than biggie, but he aint king of NY due to the fact that he was one of the many rappers who changed their style up to be similar to biggie after ready 2 die dropped. Nas may be the GOAT, but in the mid- late 90s, he was a follower, not a leader, like many NY rappers. and who were they following? BIG.
    test
  9. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I love Rassy, I think he is better than Pac and certainly better than K Dot but the so-called "king" title is more than just skills, sadly but true.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Biggie was really talkin' King of NY on some coke kingpin, don gangster shit... like Christopher Walken's character in the movie, King of New York... the character's name was Frank White. It was the media and fans who translated it to "king of NY rap," though... but then again, Biggie ran with it, too, since Nas called him out on "The Message." Now, everybody wants to be king of their region...
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you should be.

you just put ice t infront of ras kass.

test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

was that "there can only be one king" line directed at big?

fuck, i've heard that a million times and didn't even consider it, this is why we need ignorant to post.

test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I know that BIG got it from the movie, but the "king of NY" title has o much meaning... NY is the birthplace of hip hop and it used to be that the king of NY is the one whos running hip hop period... thats why its even more important than the movie.

Nas may have called biggie out, but cmon look at the difference between Illmatic and It Was Written. all of a sudden Nas is a huge coke kingpin and mass murderer. Notorious BIG was right when he said "Took home Ready to Die, listened studied shit"

Nas got the attention of hip hop heads with illmatic but with IWW, he got his commercial success.

"now they on some money shit, successful out the blue"

I hate to say it, but Nas' most commercially successful album was the result of him biting Biggie Smalls, the TRUE king of NY.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I don't think he was biting Biggie... but he might've been influenced by him... according to Behind the Music, Nas became more commercial after Destiny was born... which is the same reason Biggie followed Puff's commercial formula in his music... he had to provide for his daughter and he didn't want to be limited to just an ill mixtape rapper whose only fans were dudes who didn't even buy albums (ie., Big L)... leave it up to Biggie and he would've stayed grimey on all of his releases... even on the commercial shit, he kept it grimey... he was the first to do that and that's the formula that the whole rap game after him adapted... Jay Z milked it, too... RD was like a combination of Illmatic and Ready to Die.

But Nas has been "dreamin' about gettin' paid" since Illmatic, though... on IWW, he finally realized it... and he took his ghetto hood stories and turned them into mob stories, which EVERYBODY was doing circa '95-'96... Foxxy, Jay, Wu, Mobb, CNN, etc.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

makaveli >>>>>>>>>>>> ras kass easily.
    test
  16. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

they're two totally different artist.
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Everybody was doing it because of Ready 2 Die.

and BIG's whole catalague was not Puffy's vision/formula or anything like that. he just wanted BIG to have hit singles.

and Biggie DID stay grimey for the most part. LAD had more commercial songs on it, but it was grimey as fuck as well. I honestly believe that is the perfect mixture of griminess and the commercial sound. Its the perfect example of how to make a successful mainstream rap album.
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

which, according to tupac, biggie bit off tupac's mentality/style.

remember an interview where he talked about biggie going from party n bullshit to ready to die, because of him.

test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think that album title was inspired by that line in the movie, Juice. Biggie was hanging wit Pac during the filming of Juice in NY... remember when Bishop asked Q, "you ready to die, motherfucker?" right before Q punched him?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i remember that line, but didn't really link that with biggie's album title.

i remember listening to raekwon's shark niggas talking about how biggie bit nas's album covers, ah, good times.

test