Kendrick Lamar is a BIGGER GENIUS than I thought! (you'll see why)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Aug 21, 2013.

1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

relatively yes, but he wasn't the main thing on everyones mind before he dropped that verse. rappers do a lot to stay in the minds of the fans in order for the fans to keep buying more records. some will release more mixtapes, some will release another video from the album... all kendrick had to do was drop a verse.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. D-verse

D-verse No drama

no it didn't just happen to, he knew it would get people talking = free promo
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

word.....getting an album for free on the net was a relatively newer thing in the late 90's, and the industry took it's resources and fought against people who you cannot win a fight with.....It's funny to me in a way, cuz in 99, I really wasn't paying attention to the internet, and I was too busy making music too care about the business and how stupid things were getting.....I never used Napster until 2000, and when I did, all it made me want to do was find more music/artists.....

Metallica was the reason I even heard about Napster and I understood why they were going so crazy trying to stop it, I never got all mad at them like these millionaires are greedy. They were doing what somebody had to do first, and it was a bad situation for everyone.... I did get all irritated that I felt I saw both sides and the business didn't.....they were trying to be human and humans hate change overall, and change is unstoppable especially when war is waged.....

Fast forward a few years, and we are all, making our cases for how the past is gone, and music is dead, and taking dope lines to quote out of context....Jay saying he dumb it down to double his dollars was A bold recitation of how he saw his growth....Nas did actual damage with HHID as an album title....then selling a million in a week was more unthinkable than it was in the previous decade....

I blame people's ability to blame and feel like they are entitled....and twitter
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i'm not saying he didn't know the reaction this would get.

:numaan:
    test