Kendrick Lamar album leaked

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by casual1, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

fuck what some people are saying, kendrick will end up as one of the best ever. This albums a 9/10 man y'all need to get new ears
    test
  2. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

you don't know rap
    test
  3. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

they both got fast flows and ride all over the beat. a lotta times they spit about stuff that sounds abstract but is real, andre is too nice and i could definitely see the comparison.
    test
  4. ghettonetics

ghettonetics remember, i got money!!

andre3000 doesnt have a fast flow ur thinking of big boi, andre does what he feelz
    test
  5. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

yeahh you right, big boi spits fast most of the time. I mean andre has a real all over the place flow
    test
  6. MC_Akademix

MC_Akademix Active Member

i didnt say he raps like andre 3000. reread what i wrote originally.

the vibe of the production, and pitch shifting voices several semi-tones up is all very old school outkast.

go listen to cartoons and cereal again and then listen to the aquemeni album or atliens. it's pretty clear he;s implementing similar techniques.
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

nah I aint talkin to you specifically, just kinda tired of the Andre 3000 wagon
    test
  8. RodimusPrime

RodimusPrime Member

''Ya Bisch''......this dude is horrible. No wonder hip hop is in the toilet
    test
  9. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

more of my knowledge hits toilet water every morning than youll ever possess. if youre so knowledgeable, please post a good kl punch
    test
  10. Iron-E

Iron-E New Member

^stfu haha, im not taking you seriously. If you go to aeh, where people are actually knowledgeable about current rap music you'll see that people are lovin' this album just like they should.
    test
  11. IHateYou

IHateYou Active Member

y'all need to listen to Mackemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist. One of my fav albums this year.
    test
  12. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

test
  13. ghettonetics

lmao @ andre 300
    test
  14. SsstakatooO

SsstakatooO New Member

im just signing in to remind you that you are all a bunch of fools.

thanks and god bless.
    test
  15. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

it's a concept album. pretty sure this how the story goes (i didn't write it i just found it online, makes sense if you pay attention)

WARNING - SLIGHTLY TL;DR but not really unless you're a fucking mongoloid.

"I'm not convinced that Sherane actually set him up, I think he just got caught up in the wrong hood and some guys beat on him for being on their turf. This plays into the "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" theme as he's just bein a good kid goin to see a girl, but the culture of the city drags him into some foul shit. The timeline on the album isn't straight forward and took a few listens to understand but IMO it goes like this:
    Tracks 1-11 are set when Kendrick is around 17/18.

First half of Track 1 - Sets the scene of his relationship with Sherane, this goes on over the course of a few months

Tracks 2-6 - Really just sets the scene of Kendrick's life in Compton and him hanging with "the homies". Seems to happen over the course of an afternoon - his friends pick him up, they freestyle, they screw around for a while and think they are awesome.

Last verse of Track 1 - Kendrick heads over to Sherane's house

Skit at the end of Track 6 - Gets jumped

Tracks 7 & 8 are covering his thoughts to getting jumped

Track 9 - Goes back to the homies and they get messed up.

Skit/Track 10 - They go back to shoot the guys that jumped Kendrick, but one of the homies ends up getting killed

Track 11 - Kendrick regrets getting dragged down by the m.A.A.d city and vows to get out of it and inspire others to do the same.

Track 12 - This is Kendrick achieving his goal and is set in the present IMO.

Skit - "I'll be back in 15 minutes" - a throwback to the very start of the album - having seen how things unfold it adds extra power to this."

------------------------------------------
    "I really think the Backseat Freestyle is Kendrick on the angel dust. I think it would make more sense after The Art of Peer Pressure, but well...that's my interpretation."
    ------------------------------------------
    "Sing About Me...

1 verse from the perspective of a now-dead friend telling Kendrick to tell his story, 1 verse from the perspective of Keisha's sister angry at Kendrick for exposing Keisha's story of her death, and 1 verse from the perspective of Kendrick himself lamenting about his own fear of death and responding to the 1st two verses."
    ---------------------------------------------
    "One thing I'd like to add to my theory is that I think "Poetic Justice" and the last verse of "Sherane" actually cover the same time period. His lyrics on Poetic Justice are probably what he's thinking about on the drive over to her house which is why there's such an abrupt end to the song and change in tone as the skit begins as it's interrupting his mindset."
    test
  16. ghettonetics

ive tried listening to this album a few more times and instead of growing on me i seem to just like it even less

this album is garbage son whoever wrote all those words about it being a concept album is autistic
    test
  17. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

ImJustAwestCostNigga ‏@DAYLYTDABEAST2k
    to all yall forgot kindrick lamar came to the pit one time and it was the worse day of his life !! he got booed worse then eness no lie
    test
  18. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I said kendrick made decent music and wasnt an amazing rapper and people act like i hate him because he is popular....that was exactly my point about his fans lmao. They fucking dick ride him till the end and take nothing into context.

I dislike him for what he is selling as hip hop, im not denying he has a message or skills on the mic but hes selling a pop brand of hip hop which i dont want to hear tbh.

Hes not an amazing rapper, how many amazing rappers do you think there are? I can easily name 50 better living mcs than kendrick and there not all amazing.

To the people who say hes amazing, what has he done to be amazing? What rap legends has he surpassed with his skills or catalogue of work to be considered above ordinary?

You lames probably have kanye west in your top 10 rappers.
    test
  19. Mike Rigs

Mike Rigs Active Member

can someone pm a dl link ??? the link in the op isnt working.
    test
  20. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

I genuinely haven't listened to much new hip hop in the past 4 years. Ya'll recommend me some dope albums I missed out beyond the given like nas/jay/etc. that dropped past few years.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.