Kelly Pavlik KO's Jermaine Taylor...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Jersey_Emcee, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Go through his resume
    test
  2. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

I'm asking you to give me examples because it's you who made the initial claim.

If you can't give me any examples, then it's obvious that you can't support your claim, idiot.
    test
  3. ~OMagic~

When I have time I will give you the examples.

Im a college student and this is the last thing on my mind

But LMAO @ you thinking a fighter has to be unconscious for him to be in serious trouble.

The biggest problem with fighters and health issues is that they keep letting themselves take punishment while they are still conscious.
    test
  4. dun dun dun dun

So you've had the time to keep checking this thread every day and respond to my posts, but you don't have the time to think of any examples?

Yeah, no shit Sherlock. But how can anyone besides the fighter discern whether or not he's in serious trouble or not? Fighters like Andrade can take a barrage of power shots from an accurate puncher and still be coherent at the end of the match whereas a week ago, some fighter died after a 6 round draw with his opponent.

Whereas when a fighter is unconscious, then it's clear that he's in trouble. Learn the sport before you try to pretend like you have a clue about the sweet science.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

Responding to a thread takes two seconds, sitting around to go through youtubes which might not even be on youtube takes longer.
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

Yet you still can't give me ONE example to prove your point, which was shit from the start anyways.

Great job, you lose.
    test
  7. ~OMagic~

Nope, just go look at the first Gatti/Ward fight I believe.

Gatti is clearly battered and bruised, took punishment all night, was knocked down in the round, was clearly badly hurt, upon getting up he was pounded even more, he was out on his feet.

The commentators were yelling that ref Frank Capacino would stop the fight.

Yet he allowed it to continue.

You mean to tell mw Gatti wasn't at serious risk???

I forget the exact round, it was late in the fight tho.

In that instance Gatti was at 10 fold more risk than JT.
    test
  8. dun dun dun dun

LOL you moron. Gatti was conscious and coherent throughout the whole fight.

In the 9th round Gatti was getting the living shit beaten out of him, yet he still knew how to clinch and backpedal. He probably could've blocked or parried some of Ward's punches if he wasn't so exhausted.

Besides, I asked for examples of when Gatti was on the ropes with his hands down, unconscious, and the referee didn't stop the fight. Not once during the 10 rounds was Gatti unconscious.

You lose again. Good job.
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

You got to be a fucking idiot to think being unconscious is when the most trouble occurs.

When a fighter is unconscious he isnt being hit anymore, therefor no more damage is being done.

When a fighter is completely coherant yet still getting smashed is FAR worse.

Fucking idiot, its when fighters dont want to quit that gets them into big trouble.

An unconscious JT laying on the ground is no where near as bad as a conscious fighter continuing to be hit hard.
    test
  10. dun dun dun dun

I didn't say that. I asked for you to give me an example of when Gatti was unconscious in his career while on the ropes and the referee didn't stop the fight. Like you said, remember?

Yet you can't give me any examples. Good job.
    test
  11. ~OMagic~

Dont try to stray away from the subject.

You are tryna argue against my point. My point is this

Arturo Gatti getting battered over countless rounds while still conscious and coherent is FAR worse than JTs situation against Pavlik.
    test
  12. dun dun dun dun

While I'm arguing that it's worse to be unconscious and against the ropes because you can't necessarily tell how hurt a fighter is regardless of coherency.

And then you said you could come up with examples of all throughout Gatti's career when he was unconscious and against the ropes.

Still waiting for those examples... If you can't come up with any, just say so.
    test
  13. ~OMagic~

I said I was gonna give you examples of when Gatti was in far worse shape than JT and the ref didnt stop the fight. And I did so.

Gatti was in FAR worse shape and the fight was allowed to continue, the end
    test
  14. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun: "Name one time Gatti was on the ropes with his hands down, unconscious, and the referee didn't stop the fight."

~OMagic~: "Go through his resume"

Actually, you're wrong again. I'm still waiting on that example. If you can't provide that example, then you have no argument.
    test
  15. ~OMagic~

LMAO @ you tryna stray away from the initial arguement
    test
  16. dun dun dun dun

You are so stupid it's not even funny. I had already addressed the point by saying that it's worse to be unconscious and against the ropes because you can't necessarily tell how hurt a fighter is regardless of coherency.

Yet when it comes for you to provide an example, you can't do it. Just go end your life already.
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

A coherant person who is continuing to get hit is in FAR worse condition then JT against Kelly.

LMAO @ this nigga tryna make it seem like JT was getting hit while he was out
    test
  18. dun dun dun dun

Then you might as well stop every single fight when a coherent person is getting hit... Idiot.

Still waiting for that example.
    test
  19. ~OMagic~

Im not saying stop the fight whenever a coherant person is getting hit. Im just letting you know that you dont have to be unconscious to be at serious future health risks.

My whole point in this thread is that Id rather see a fighter counted out. It wouldnt hurt to start the count. If the guy gets up and is clearly not in good enough shape to keep fighting then call the fight.

Its a championship fight, lets see if these guys got heart.
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

But when they are unconscious and against the ropes, it's obvious that they are at risk for serious injury whereas if they are coherent and against the ropes, it's a judgment call regarding how severely injured the fighter is.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.