Kelly Pavlik KO's Jermaine Taylor...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Jersey_Emcee, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

test
  2. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Baldomir does nothing good? He's slow and has no punching power, yet he managed to beat Zab in New York and outslugged Gatti in Atlantic City using well-timed feints, sidesteps, doubling up with the jab, and timing his punches.

Again, you know nothing about boxing, so stop trying.
    test
  3. ~OMagic~

False, smart people know the real reason Carlos won. Carlos is thankful for that gift.
    test
  4. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I watched the Pavlik-Taylor fight at least 5 times...Taylor hit the canvas..limp..and unable to defend himself. Just the way in which his legs melted from under him and the way he was slumped over..indicates that he was indeed unconscious. Championship fight or not..if you have sustained a blow so great that results in loss of conciousness..that is due cause to end a fight..regardless of giving a 10 count.

After the incident with Levander Johnson, referees are being more proactive in protecting fighters from brain injury. Me personally..I have been knocked out from a concussive blow to the head..it wasn't from a fight...but..I hit my head against a concrete floor. Believe me..once you are out..you are OUT. As a fan, I think it is selfish to want someone to continue to take further blows as that can result in cerebral hematomas and Ali-like brain damage. Taylor got cold-cocked....he was out...no way in hell he was getting up and I applaud the ref for ending it. No, Taylor was not close to death.....but...after a series of concussive blows.....allowing a fighter to continue is walking the thin line of another Leavander Johnson like boxing tragedy. Fighters have gone into comas an hour after a fight well after being Ko'ed. The good thing is that..yea Jermain lost..but he lives on to fight another day...just like many other great former boxing champions.

Boxing is a very violent sport and these guys risk their lives in the ring to entertain boxing enthusiasts like us. It's only fair to put their safety as a first priority. Sure, we all love to watch devastating KO's...but..if you know someone is hurt...why would anyone dare ask them to continue? No title....No amount of money......nothing in the world is worth losing your life over...including boxing.
    test
  5. dun dun dun dun

This is the post of someone with common sense and who has the reason to recognize that it was a good stoppage.
    test
  6. ~OMagic~

Dun dun, you are a fucking idiot man I fucking SWEAR.

NOBODY FUCKIN SAID THE STOPPAGE WAS BAD, WHO IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TO EVERYTIME YOU SAY THAT SHIT.

NOBODY, NOT ONE PERSON, said it was a bad stoppage.

You are a fucking idiot man
    test
  7. dun dun dun dun

Dipshit, when you say that Smoger should've never stopped the fight in the first place, you're essentially calling it a bad stoppage.
    test
  8. ~OMagic~

Go through ALL of my posts, every single one of them.

I said it was a good stoppage, but I like to see fighters given a chance to beat the count.

You telling me it would hurt for the ref to just start the count?? JT was done, he wouldnt have gotten back up so the fight would have been stopped either way.

I just personally HATE refs stepping in unless its something serious because I hate quick stoppages. There is no reversing a quick stoppage.

Let a fighter have a chance to show he has the heart of a champion.

Is it honestly gonna hurt to start the count??

Everybody agrees JT was done, so he wouldnt have gotten up and he wouldnt have got hit anymore so no further damage would have been done.

I swear arguing with Dun dun dun is like talking to a paper bag
    test
  9. dun dun dun dun

So you thought it was a good stoppage, but also thought that Smoger should have never stepped in to stop it?

The logic of some people never ceases to amaze me... Tell me that those two statements don't totally contradict each other.
    test
  10. ~OMagic~

It was a good stoppage because Taylor was done and the refs are urged to step in when a fighter is hurt on the ropes not punching back.

But I personally think in the context of fights he should have counted him out.

Go back and read things over, I dont feel like explaining it over and over
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

You're trying to say is that it was a good stoppage... but also a bad stoppage. If you think in the context of the fight that Smoger should've counted Taylor out, then you're questioning the stoppage.

Is that too hard to understand?
    test
  12. ~OMagic~

I swear this kid is like arguing against a card board box, I wont explain it anymore.

This is why kids should stay in school, or else you will go down the path this idiot has gone down.
    test
  13. ~OMagic~

This nigga is a dummy I swear... Let me try to help this dude out.

Its like in basketball... its the NBA finals Game 7... Score is tied up, there are 10 seconds left.

A player attacks the basket and there is ALWAYS gonna be contact.

Now in the context of the rules YES its the right thing to do when the ref blows his whistle and calls a foul.

But in the context of that particular situation, the refs usually swallow their whistles and let the game play out, they let the players decide the game.
    test
  14. dun dun dun dun

If the referee doesn't make that call, what's the worst that can happen? The players settle it in overtime.

If the referee doesn't stop the fight, what's the worst that can happen? Yeah, exactly.

It's like comparing apples and oranges...
    test
  15. ~OMagic~

Like arguing with a cardboard box...

If the ref didnt step in what happens??

JT slumped to his knees... is Kelly still gonna be hitting him while hes on his knees??

Ok so shut the fuck up
    test
  16. dun dun dun dun

Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy for us to say that after watching the fight.

But in the heat of the moment and having to make a split second decision regarding the safety of the fighter and you see that that the fighter is unconscious on the ropes with his hands down while getting hit with power shots, then there's no need to give a count, regardless if it's a championship fight.

Now is that too hard for your puny brain to comprehend?
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

Did you go to college?? Cuz your reading comprehension skills are terrible.

Go back and re-read everything.

I didnt say I wanted to ref to be Super Human or anything, thats why I said "The stoppage was a good stoppage because JT was on the ropes not punching back." I said had the exchange been in the middle of the ring, JT would have dropped and gotten the count.

But when exchanges are on the ropes, the refs pretty much have to stop it.

Fuckin moron, this entire arguement I have said over and over again I would like for fights in this nature to go to the 10 count. I never said let a nigga die, or have super human refs.

My entire arguement I have been saying the stoppage was a good stoppage but Id rather see a fighter in that situation under the given circumstances given a 10 count.
    test
  18. dun dun dun dun

Right. And what situation would this be? Are we going to bend the rules for Taylor just because he's the champion? If you can't defend yourself on the ropes, then you can't defend yourself on the ropes. No 10 count was necessary.

And for the last time you fucking retard, you claim that you said it was a good stoppage, yet you're complaining that Smoger should've never stopped it. That statement, just like your life, is one big contradiction.

I pity you. I really do.
    test
  19. ~OMagic~

How is it bending the rules??

TONS of refs do it all the time to let a fighter show if he has heart or not.

It happened for Gatti throughout his career.

TONS of refs woulda stopped the fight in the second round as well... but we dont say it was bending the rules that this ref didnt stop it.

Fuck outa here
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

Name one time Gatti was on the ropes with his hands down, unconscious, and the referee didn't stop the fight.

If it happened to Gatti throughout his career, could you provide some examples? Specific rounds, too, if you really want to prove your point.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.