Kelly Pavlik KO's Jermaine Taylor...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Jersey_Emcee, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey_Emcee

Jersey_Emcee aka LiQuiDliFe

7th Round...Taylor came out super aggressive...Knocked Pavlik down twice in the 2nd round...1st knockdown was brutal...dont know how he got up...great guts...got up and got dropped again...didnt really have his legs back...held on for the last minute of the round...almost fell out the ring on his way back to the corner...it was a boxing match from then to the 7th...mostly jabs and good straights from both...in the 7th...Pavlik caught Taylor wiht a sharp left jab right straight combo...the right hand hurt Taylor...backed into the corner...and Pavlik finished him off there just like he did Miranda...I have 2 problems with the fight....1st there was no way Taylor should have been winning on all 3 judges card at that point of the fight...maybe a draw up to then...he almost killed Pavlik in the 2nd....just seemed like the scores were bad...plus Jermaine is the champ...and the ref should have atleast gave him a 10 count...granted he probably wouldnt get up but still...the champ atleast deserves that...i actually thought he would stop it for Jermaine on the 2nd...he caught Pavlik with some bombs...overall great fight...Pavlik shows his true heart...way to fight through it...and Taylors chin was finally tested...and we saw what happend...I think Benard Hopkins is gonna be calling to fight Pavlik next...
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

I think that stoppage was kind of questionable, like it seemed like the ref didnt really want to stop it but he had to because JT wasnt throwing punches back.

JT had him but couldnt finish him, and in turn gassed out.

I dont think any fight so far this year was fucking with this one.

Im looking forward to the rematch at 168, where both fighters will be even stronger because they wont have to drain themselves to make weight.
    test
  3. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

After that Knockdown, JT looked Drained as a Muthafucka. I see a Trilogy in the making. I see JT winning the rematch and Pavlik winning the third. Both have terrible defense.
    test
  4. MyKe SeaN

JT has a great Chin. He was taking some great shots throughout the fight. When you dont have good defense of course you're gonna get KO'd over time.

JT got his ass whooped due to accumalation not just one power punch. If you say JT doesnt have a chin then Neither does Pavlik cause he went down really early in the fight. The fight would've been stopped in the 2nd if it wasnt of this magnatude.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

PLENTY of refs woulda stopped the fight in the 2nd, Pavlik was out.

JT definitely has a chin, he didnt get floored or anything, he was drained and getting tagged and didnt throw punches back. He was never devistated by one punch.

I also see a trilogy.
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I don't think Pavlik was out. He got up quickly from that knockdown. Also, I don't think Jermain punched himself out either.....most of his fights have gone the distance...no excuse for poor endurance. It was a slow draining from an accumulation of hard punches. Pavlik hit him flush on the jaw...disoriented him and ripped him to shreds in the corner..just like he did Miranda. Taylor just collapsed in the corner like a limp doll..that's why the ref stopped the fight. His legs just melted from up under him. Pavlik chopped that tall overrated tree down. Taylor got KTFO.

It's funny...in the interview with Taylor in the dressing room...it looked like someone ripped his heart right out of his chest. Maybe this KO will make him more humble. Winky beat him first though...he just got robbed. The final scorecards in Taylor-Pavlik were a joke...I had the fight at least a tie up until the brutal KO.

Pavlik brought the belt home, here to Youngstown. Good Job KP....everyone who goes on a streak of being undefeated gets KTFO by someone you would least expect. Jermaine might want to rethink his steps to super middleweight...Calzaghe and Kessler will kill this guy. I know there is a rematch clause...but..I think Taylor needs to redeem himself with a tune-up first. I'd like to see Taylor vs. Miranda...then the winner fights Pavlik. Either way...it would make a great rematch. I want to see better defense by Pavlik though..or someone is gonna seriously hurt him.
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

^^Got Damn you own a lot of game systems. I feel you but a lot of refs woulda stopped it after the 2nd knockout. Pavlik and Jermaine both need to work on their defense though. I've been saying that for the longest about Taylor. Pavlik and Taylor need to step up their defenses cause they can't rely on Superior athleticism throughout their whole careers. If Pavlik works on his defense he could easily rule the Middleweight division like Hopkins. Only thing is, I think a pure boxer like Wright, Calzaghe and Hopkins can give him some trouble because they wont stand right in front of him like Taylor and Miranda. If you stand in front of Pavlik and try to exchange, your gonna get floored, the same thing can be said about Taylor. Nature is gonna take its course with Pavlik and we'll most defintely see him fighting at Light Heavy on a consistent basis by age 27. The dude just became a Super-Star in boxing.

Jermaine's fights might go the distance but his punch out-put declines like a muthafucka after round 5...His jab is what got him to the top but he rarely uses it. He did a lil in this fight. In no way is Jermaine Overrated, he put up a good fight against a good fighter. If you think Winky got robbed in their fight then something is wrong with you. You can't get outworked in the championship rounds and expect to be the champion.
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, i feel you Myke Sean. I think Pavlik needs to jump up to light heavyweight. He will have SERIOUS trouble with someone who can use superior boxing skills against him. Even then...if he moves up..he'll wind up meeting the same fate as Tyson. A guy that is nothing more than a puncher. Right now..he is on a Micky Ward/Gatti type level..nothing but blood and guts. I could see if he had prime Roy Jones like reflexes. But, if Pavlik does gain some solid technical boxing skills....he'll clean out the middleweight division. If he continues like this...he'll be another Levander Johnston.

Apparently though, Calzaghe is trying to set up a future fight with Pavlik after the Kessler fight. Calzaghe better focus on Kessler though. He's another fighter who hasn't been chin-checked yet. I hope Calzaghe wins though..so Hopkins can do away with this fool. Pavlik, at this stage, doesn't stand a chance against Wright, Hopkins or even Felix Sturm for that matter.
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

So much for Rippy Always being wrong, eh?
    test
  10. MyKe SeaN

^^You redeemed yourself ALMOST big dawg. You need about 5-6 more good predictions until you FULLy do that.
    test
  11. MyKe SeaN

Thats real talk. Finally we have somebody in the sports forum who knows boxing other than Me, Omagic and a few others. I think Pavlik could give to Sturm. I just hope that Pavlik doesnt get TOO conservative with his punch out-put once he gets his defense straight.

Pavlik is a big kid, does anybody know what weight he lives at? I'd say around 190
    test
  12. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I wish I would have said my Griese one on here. Ah well.

I should get all my boxing ones right. Never know though. This was the one I was most unsure about.
    test
  13. MyKe SeaN

^^You've had a rough year with the predictions Rippy, You've been turning it up as of late.
    test
  14. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

I'm a fan of both, Pavlik a little more as of late. I went against all odds and put $100 on Pavlik as the fighters were being announced. Pavlik showed alot of heart after that knockdown. Taylor had a half-round to kill him and he couldnt. And Pavlik even fought back that round.

It was weird that Taylor was ahead on the judges' cards too. I had Pavlik up like a round before the stoppage.

Quick stoppage, but Taylor wasn't getting up regardless.
    test
  15. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

I had Taylor up 58-55 at the time of the stoppage.

I thought Pavlik's power was a tad overrated before the fight, but now I'm a believer. And the way Taylor keeps his left hand down like that, he's always been a sucker for right hands. Pavlik's defense in terms of blocking and catching punches were a lot better than Taylor's slipping.
    test
  16. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I dunno..you should go on youtube and check out the end of the Pavlik-Jose Luis Zertuche fight....it seriously looked as though Pavlik's fist went straight through his face. Most brutal KO I've seen since Tyson days. It looked like he got hit by a heavyweight. Dude's body just took flight and hit the canvas from that one. Remember when you knocked down Von Keiser in that PunchOut game....that was Zertuche's body after Pavlik hit him. It's one of those punches that makes you say DAMNNNN.
    test
  17. dacrumbla

dacrumbla Crumblin n1ggas since'83

test
  18. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

JT has no defense-nor foot work...his flat footedness makes him an easy target...

MY boy Berto was lookin like he's ready for Hatton, Cotto, & maybe even Mayweather?
    test
  19. MyKe SeaN

^^Naw, He aint ready for Mayweather. He could beat a majority of the top welterweights in the game right now.

I could see him beating, collazo, hatton, margarito, williams and maybe Cotto.

I dont think his defense is good enough to beat Shane or Mayweather just yet.
    test
  20. ~OMagic~

Cotto would KO Berto at this point in his Career, Shane and Floyd are too good of boxers to lose to him either.

Berto beats Colloza and Hatton at this stage.

Margarito and Williams might be too tall for him. Williams is non stop too, so I dont think Berto is ready for that right now.

Lets not rush him though, let him come along before we try to throw him to the bulls
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.