Keep it real, how many of ya'll are broke????

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Neezy Hamilton, Oct 28, 2013.

1. NV

NV FEEL FREE MUSIC

I would call myself broke

outside of bills I have about $160 a month to my name... and thats not including buying gas..groceries etc

so yeah.... I pretty much just pay my bills and then sit at my house and work on music

can't afford to do anything else really
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  2. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

Yea I'm pretty broke

Better financially stable than I was in June since I moved, almost done paying for my wife's lasek surgery tho which is dope+ plus I'm still able to buy shit I want

I'm looking for a new job, something like tech support tho
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I'm a single father raising a boy by myself so i don't just have stacks of change lying around but i'm doing better now than i was in the past.

I don't do basketball leagues, i'm in a $100 buy-in FF league currently. I also was the only one giving cash prizes when i was running the RSTL tournaments and i certainly wasn't making a lot then but it was fun.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

You got skills in the tech world son?
    test
  5. Blackanese

Yea I did 1 year internship at my old high school as tech support and I did 2-3 years working as tech support/office assistant at this company called machine pro

Niggas think I'm just a pot head but anyone that's spoken to me on a business level know I'm more of a nerd than anything
    test
  6. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

if you are broke, i would highly suggest you MAKE SURE whatever job you have benefits you SKILL WISE

if you delivering pizzas everyday, you are NOT addressing your situation

some ppl say some money is better than no money

to me, time is money and if you are wasting your time with a dead end job, you are DEFINITELY wasting the money you don't even have yet

i fell on hard times a couple times during my adult life and i envy those who've havent but at the same time realize that they will eventually have to face a hardship of some sort themselves

I'm willing to bet the majority of this site is broke and struggling or dependant on family to make ends meet or arent even mature enough to leave home and fend for themselves a bit

It's a tough period for everyone

i'm doing well right now but I know at a snap of a finger all that could change, thats why you have to prepare yourself and do the things neccessary to strengthen your value and separate yourself from the competition

and i'm not just talking about the 9-5 world, i'm speaking on any goals and aspirations a person may have

just make sure you address your responsibilities as a man or woman first

so if that $15 is setting you back or you just flat out dont feel like letting it go, i won't hate on you in all honesty

but i will laugh at you if u was just on here last week talking about all the money u makin.
    • +Rep +Rep x 5
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Im not even following USA sports.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

word, I'm in the tech field myself but on a much larger scale than what you were probably doing. Definitely get into the tech world if you can but make sure you get some skills outside just fixing things
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. FiZiKs

FiZiKs MileHighSalute

I dont play fantasy sports, anywhere

Don't have the attention span for it and enjoy spending my free time with my kids
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Real ass shit, im not doing bad but I believe your right I am not addressing my situation correctly.
    test
  11. Blackanese

What would you suggest honestly??

It sucks cuz my last tech job I was making pretty good money but the company went under, now I don't work in the tech field

I really want to get into a company doing level 1 tech support or help desk shit then get the company to pay for higher level training so I can move up within
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Desk support never really pays too much. You may want to get into the server level where i'm at. A lot of the bigger tech companies need techs in their DCs but then again, it depends on where you live and your skill level. The server repairs is an easy job and a lot of the people i see doing it are idiots lol
    test
  13. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot Well-Known Member

Im broke, but I can definitely pay a 15 dollar entree fee. Shit, I just spent 60 on stogies and 30 on fancy cupcakes yesterday :funny: maybe us who ain't caking off getting hit by a trailer have other things we'd rather buy?

Trapatalk
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. Blackanese

Any specific training I would need???

Sounds interesting
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

not me. my bills are paid and i have money to my name.
    :h20sosohappy:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Bad Dude

Bad Dude Are you bad enough?

when you say "server repair" I'm assuming you mean performing maintenance on them in a controlled environment?

if thats the case, I would assume A+ certs and a MCSE cert would be the minimum

but not much growth from that type of work IMO
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

If you know the ends and outs of a desktop, you should be fine on a server. I would suggest you learn Linux/Unix if you don't already. When i worked for Yahoo!, their machine ran Linux and FreeBSD. Now i didn't need to know that when working there and i could learn as i go since i just needed to know how to troubleshoot and replace hardware but it's an added bonus if you are trying to apply at other places.

You should be good with troubleshooting, quick and efficient. Should also try to learn some linux commands as a start
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Depends on the company tbh. If you start with server repair and get your other skills up, it's easier to transition to other fields. I had neither of those when i worked at Yahoo!. But getting your A+ would be nice if you have no connections but with a solid job history, that can be enough for some employers for tech work. If you want to make a lot of money in the tech world, get your CS degree and become an engineer. They make bank. I wish i could but i don't have the time.
    test
  19. Archer

Archer Hamityville

I don't follow us sport

Sent from the white nigka palace
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Mma fights were the only bets I ever waged. But then again, it was the loss of dignity that was at stake, not money..
    test