Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Geedorah, Aug 7, 2013.

1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

but that would imply there's some kind of magical force at work, wouldn't it?

cause otherwise i could con people for money and as long as i get away with it that negative deed wouldn't necessarily have negative consequences. sometimes negative deeds do naturally have negative consequences, but not always.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well its supposed to be a kind of law of nature like gravity.

so seeing as we know little about it, and its not proven by maths and whatnot, or let alone proven to exist. Yeah, its like a magical force....
    test
  3. reggie jax

the thing about gravity is it's reliable. you know for a fact that if you drop something it's going to fall to the earth. do you feel the same way about karma?
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Every action has its reaction, so yes.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i feel like its been validated for me personally in my life experience.... obviously i cant prove it like gravity. But it seems to make sense to me.

like Geedorah said. Every action has a reaction
    test
  6. reggie jax

do you have any examples of karma being validated by your personal experience?
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its kinda like you had to be there

really my strongest example worth telling you would be things that would fall under the category of "instant karma" ever heard the term? Someones doing something shitty and then something shitty happens to them while theyre doing it? and thats a figure of speach so its not sufficient for me to use

I am incapable of proving anything about karma to you. And the things i learned about it were from being around people who taught yoga philosophy and buddhism... i didnt study it or take tests on it. I just know about it from being around it. I just know that my understanding of it is a little deeper than your average joe, so i try to explain it so people understand the idea of it better
    test
  8. reggie jax

i'm not asking you to prove it. i'm just asking your opinion.

would the shitty thing in this situation be directly related to their action by cause and effect? e.g. they're committing a burglary and get caught by someone who kicks their ass.

or would it be completely unrelated by cause and effect? e.g. they're committing a burglary and suddenly a sinkhole swallows the house with them in it.
    test
  9. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Yes. I dropped my phone somewhere, after few days this guy says he has it but wants my pw if I want it back, I said no because I aint stupid like that and fuck you, few days later he broke his arm.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

in my experience both id say, theres nothing in karma that says it would have to be related. But this is where i start losing the understanding of it. Because what i learned was there is levels of karma. Instant, selfish, and selfless.... i think are the categories. Im not sure... i cant remember them.

it would be cool to know how much weight things carry, and . I think if you want to know more about it experiment with it. Im not saying youll find anything, but you might notice theres something to this "change your attitude, change your life" Its worked for me.

like meditation most people try it for a wk and say "hey nothings different nothing happened" and give up. But its like anything you have to work at it a while before you reap the benefits. Kinda like how its an avg of 6wks at the gym before you start noticing results, i was told meditation takes almost 2 months before you can say you really feel different.(not talking about the instant benefits such as relaxation and its calming effects) But im sure its diff for everyone.

Now as a side theory of mine, i get confused. Because alot of things seem to be relative to the "experiencee"

for the sake of this convo ill call it karma justice(so i dont have to write out an explanation everytime)
    karma justice might not be equal to the "crime" in the eyes of someone who is witnessing it. But to the person it might be the end of the world.

i kinda see it as a theory, and right now in my life im experimenting with it. And so far there seems to really be something to it. Attitude has changed things for me. Ill never know for sure in this lifetime....and if there is such thing as reincarnation, i sure hope the point is progression. Not making the same mistakes again....
    test