Kanye's Album souns like some Low Budget Production....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Holl@chaBoi, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holl@chaBoi

Holl@chaBoi New Member

Break beats sampled from a record or drum loops a sound designer sequenced and made available on a sample cd, I can't say it's original. Honestly I've heard sample CD's with Breaks, so whats the difference? Drum Loops.
    test
  2. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

as far as i know he only used one break beat on this record but i could be wrong cuz its the only one i could identify
    test
  3. Streetwize

Streetwize beats for life ya'll

lmao, just blaze murders kanye.
    test
  4. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

theres nothing wrong with using breakbeats so long as theyre ill
    test
  5. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/default.cfm?bandid=125411&songid=2256999&content=song

This whack shit, whatever it is, it aint hip-hop
    no i aint Dskillz
    ur argument is stupid
    thats like sayin

"samplin...cats cant make their own melodies no mo?"

LMAO
    Do you think some programmed drums woulda sounded better on one of thsoe joints?If it fits, then it is what it is
    test
  6. LANSTARR

LANSTARR -[ The Sage ]-

Sampled breakbeats is what hip hop's foundation is built on. That is the difference.

BTW, what is the difference between someone using an already programmed drum loop and someone using an already programmed synth or piano or guitar patch? It is the same thing. Someone else programmed it, you are using it in your own original way or with a combination of other musical events that makes the track your original tune.
    test
  7. The Militant

The Militant New Member

na im sorry but using drum loops is gay as fuck

saying using drum loops is like using a guitar patch is not the same lol. using a drum patch is like using a guitar patch.

using a drum loop is like using a guitar loop... using loops gay. the reason i say this is because its not you thats making the music how you want it, youre just throwing a loop on there, and if it fits its pure coincidence, its not a creative way of making music, cos ur not the one crafting it youre just throwing random shit together hoping it fits....

but then again some of the beats i heard on it here it sounds like half you do the same thing, so im not suprised your sticking up for that shit lol
    test
  8. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

i didnt like it and the mixing (from what i can tell from the bootleg altho that probably isnt the best refrence) is kinda shotty, but i think it was done like that on purpose kanye wants that dilla, madlib feel i bet
    test
  9. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Kanye's beats for other people are shittin on his album.

he is his worst enemy

i cant stand the old school drum type shit

its 2005, not 1985
    test
  10. The Militant

The Militant New Member

yeh like anyone from the block is gonna be playing kanye west in the first place you fucking alienated retard

you need to lower your stupid comments by 0.7 decibels
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

lmao
    test
  12. Jabba-Jaw

Jabba-Jaw Custom User Title

there's nothing wrong with breakbeats...but drum loops from a specially made CD is just dumb. using a breakbeat is the same as using a sample. but CD drum loops is like someone making a wack beat for you.

drum loops = gay

breakbeats = yay
    test
  13. Internal Quest

Internal Quest New Jeru Stand Up

yall dudes is funny...it dont matter how u make the beat...what you used to make the beat...or anything of that matter if the shit is hot its hot...ill sample some alicia keys right now...ill sample a snare of 50 album...i dont care as long as its sounds good...but you get the point...ease up
    test
  14. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

some of the album is cool.. but yea the mixing was a total disapoimtment. sounds HORRIBLE on my monitors.. and in the ride..

pz
    test
  15. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

ill sample msuic that was jsut relased this year.. fuck it.. this month..

ur right.. people who care where soudn is from is dumb.. if u cna amke it hot.. then its a wrap....

pz
    test
  16. CaptainTapp

CaptainTapp New Member

I like this album but it did have a few problems. First of all I downloaded a bunch of songs off the internet that were supposedly off late reigstration (Gossip Files, My Way, and arguments should have been included), and I did think they sounded like they were made pretty poorly. I'm not a mixing expert but they just sounded shitty, with vocals distorting and the drums and melodies kind of weak. But last night I saw the album for fifteen bucks and I was like what the hell. And the actual album sounds a lot better than the stuff I downloaded. Maybe what you guys have been hearing was leaked before he even finished.

Anyway, my first issue is, anybody recognize "Drive Slow"? You ever listen to "Shorty Wanna Be a THug" by Tupac? He took the same chord progression, changed the last note of the saxophone solo, and calls it his own song? Hes supposed to be one of the best producers around right now and he badly recreates a great song.

Crack Music... Good beat but The Game shouldn't even have his name credited. He has one line, why didn't Kanye just download one of those voice ringtones and loop that, it would be just as gay but a lot cheaper.

Best track on this album is Touch the Sky, and Just Blaze produced it! When is he going to make a solo album?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.