Kanye sales =

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Medicinal, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

200,000 - Great for most rap artists, whether it's for their debut album or 2nd or 3rd etc. etc......but dissapointing for G-Unit and what they probably wanted him to do.
    test
  2. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

200,000 is a big number
    test
  3. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

200,000 is big. You guys are seeing Mariah Carey moving like 90K a week for 3 months now and are thinking thats what a normal artist sells. 200K for a debut artist is very strong. He'll most likely be gold within 3-4 more weeks.

Those aren't Kanye numbers... but thats like Bad going 30x platinum and people are calling it a flop. Yeah, its not Thriller but its far from being bad.
    test
  4. TwiztidHarmony

TwiztidHarmony New Member

i wasnt feelin this album as much as his first.......but its still not bad
    test
  5. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lol...his 2 singles been out for weeks brah.......

and his album is trash...so i dont see him catchin any new ears if he dropped a 3rd (if he already has)
    test
  6. LANSTARR

LANSTARR -[ The Sage ]-

In NYC on hot97 and power 105.1 diamons are for ever and golddigger are played like every other song. I'll be driving from LI to BK and hear at least 3-4 kanye songs between the two stations.
    test
  7. Holl@chaBoi

Holl@chaBoi New Member

Majority of those sells(I say 85%) probably won't fuck with another kanye album, until they hear some good news bt word of mouth.
    Album to me was trash.
    test
  8. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Gold Digger is now the number 1 song on the hot 100 billboard
    test
  9. The Militant

The Militant New Member

anyone that knows a bit about the industry will know that those records would have been paid for before the album was even shipped out.

basically, people dont buy what they like anymore, people are guppies, and they buy whats hot...

so if you dont buy your own albums, you will hardly sell any.

but if you buy your way to number one, like kanye west, then you will get hundreds of thousands of other kids going i want the number 1 album that everyone else is buying....

the industry looks as this as a way of getting the ball rolling on a cold release. its all organised. a big example is mariah careys rise to the top again. that shit was planned out like 2 years ago. but people have to wait for their turn on the shelf.

dont be fooled by numbers
    test
  10. NonSenSE913

NonSenSE913 Active Member

i picked up that kanye album and loved it the first time around...after a week though, i only listen to diamonds, we major, addiction and late. shits tight but i aint liking it as much as college dropout.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.