Kanye: "I think Wayne is the #1 rapper in the world"

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by WeezyJColeFan, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AREpee420

AREpee420 ashy to classy

tbh..the "top rappers" are nothing to the main scene lol...

:obamalulz:
    test
  2. mambaregime

mambaregime Midwest Movement

Wayne still ok...but he gotta get off probation and get some serious drugs in him again before he's in the best conversation again.

And Kanye wasnt shit the minute he turned Dre and started buyin beats and putting his name on em instead of creating em himself.
    test
  3. DestroNY

DestroNY Teem Weed

+ repped for dropping knowledge

Someone tried to argue that point with me recently. As if they were sitting there watching Kanye in the studio so they absolutely know he made the beat in question, lol. I heard from a pretty reliable source that until something he made recently (and it might be something we haven't even heard yet), Yeezy hadn't made a beat in years. Even if that's an exaggeration, the guy who produced College Dropout is LONG gone, and the one who made Graduation seems like a distant & fading memory.

That said, I'm still a pretty big fan of his music. I just have to ignore who he is as a human being, cause the guy is a douchebag. But as a musician, he's dope- even if he's been Dr Dre'ing his beats lately. He's still entertaining and even though he's not a great rapper by anyone's definition, I still fucks with his rapping.
    test
  4. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

You say wayne>jay and em but act like the big deal is putting jay over em LOL

Dam these young niggas are retarded.
    test
  5. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

But thats not what you said?
    test
  6. mambaregime

Guessing they dont know how to read liner notes/production credits in a cd booklet...

Its not rumors when every song has 'co-produced/additional production by' next to his name on every track. Shit they can Wikipedia that!

I'll let this gem go 4 free though..I think Jon Brion had more to do with the production on Graduation, that shit everybody claimed was so groundbreaking and genius ,than Kanye did.

That garbled mess 808 Heartbeaks is his idea of genius... or adding louder bass drums to "I Dont Like", no hate...but he aint what people make him out to be.
    test
  7. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

i skipped through the whole things twice....when the fuck does em OR jay rap?
    test
  8. othello

othello Member

infuriating
    test
  9. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

you can give the dude who runs to burger king for everybody a co prod credit if you want. theres no way to know exactly who did what. what a dumb comment
    test
  10. mambaregime

Try harder idiot....

Definition

1. together; joint or jointly; mutual or mutually: coproduction

Its not Hollywood where secretaries/assistants get a production credit instead of a raise.

Dont talk shit about what you dont know about. Music industry doesnt work that way.
    test
  11. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Dude's right though shit Eminem's manager has a production credit on Lose Yourself.

Wayne will never be better than Eminem or Hov NEVER
    test
  12. mambaregime

The credits for "Lose Yourself" are adapted from the liner notes of the original soundtrack to the movie 8 Mile.[23]
    Recording Recorded at: Detroit, Michigan.
    Personnel Eminem – vocals, audio mixing, producer, songwriting and drum programming
    Jeff Bass – additional production, songwriter, guitar, bass and keyboards
    Steve King – audio mixing and recording
    Mike Strange – recording
    Luis Resto – songwriter, keyboards and programming

Paul Rosenberg (also known as Paul Bunyan) (born August 1, 1971) is an American music manager known for his association with hip hop artists Eminem, The Knux, DJ AM and pop punk band Blink-182

Not knowing the difference between production credits on a song and the thank you section of a CD......fucking lost ass generation.
    test
  13. mambaregime

Devil in a New Dress" was produced solely by Bink!. It was the only song in the album not to be produced by West, who wrote it alongside Bink!

but wait...

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the fifth studio album by American hip hop recording artist Kanye West, Following a hiatus from his music career, West worked on it through a communal development that involved him and other musicians and producers contributing collectively to its music. Production was handled by West and several other record producers, including Jeff Bhasker, RZA, No I.D., and Mike Dean, among others.

Watch the Throne is a collaborative studio album by American rappers Jay-Z and Kanye West, The album was produced by West, 88 Keys, RZA, Swizz Beatz, Jeff Bhasker, and Mike Dean, among others

Mercy" is a song by American hip hop GOOD Music rappers The song's production was handled by Lifted, with additional production from West, Phines Muzic aka joseph derivé, Mike Dean and Mike Will, and additional instrumentation from Hudson Mohawke.

What is it thats so hard to understand about this exactly?? Get over it, he uses ghost producers for all his shit now...same as Timbaland did...same as Dre does.
    test
  14. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

^Lol dude so mad he going to Wikipedia and not disproving the point. Are you there? You don't know who really did what to the beat those guys could have just been like "change that drum" you don't know and Wikipedia isn't telling you
    test
  15. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

its a collaboration, not ghost producing. the ppl listed couldve programmed the drums, mixed the track, rolled a blunt, etc etc. if they were ghosts, they wouldnt be listed. why would you pay someone and put their name on the song if you were trying to take credit for their work? welcome to the iggy list ho
    test
  16. mambaregime

I get it now...I fell for a bored/dumb ass teenagers troll routine...my mistake. I thought grown folks was talking.
    test
  17. mambaregime

Swizz Beatz and Cassidy are being sued for $1.5 million for unpaid royalties. Cassidy’s 2007 hit ‘My Drink N My 2 Step’ is the song in question from the B.A.R.’s album. Antwann Frost is allegidly claiming co production on the record.

The lawsuit was filed on October 18 in which the producer claims that he helped create the drums and over rhythm. Frost was given proper credit in the liner notes and Swizz offered Frost $5,000 and 5% ownership of the song but Frost believes he should be an equal partner in song ownership. I mean, I can see that. Without that beat, no song right.

Anyway

Thats why..
    test
  18. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

Lol @ the idea Wayne ever spitting anything even comparable to Em and Jay on Renegade.
    test
  19. RUFnKiddin

RUFnKiddin Member

Holy shit some common sense, i feel like im in the twighlight zone in this motherfucka, man nobody outside of highschool should be feelin wayne unless u drunk in the club.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.