kanye 1.7 mill pre-orders

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Medicinal, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tequila Jong-il

Tequila Jong-il SALAD TOSSER

Associated Press - Not everyone enthusiastic about kanye's sophomore album

It was learned today that internet message board poster 'urban tactics' doesnt care for kanyes new album. In a post he is quoted as saying "this album aint for the hood...and i dont support it". When asked to comment on message board poster 'urban tactics' refusal to support the album a press agent for kanye said "We dont give a shit"
    test
  2. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

u dont care...but u care enough to show that u care.......

yeah, that made plenty sense

i want you to grab the sharpest knife, hold it in front of u about 4 to 6 inches away from your chest...and jump from the top of the stairs to the bottom floor.........
    test
  3. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Time magazine said they shipped 1.6 mil to the stores... so he is already platinum.

Thats just shipped platinum. If you goto www.riaa.com you can actually see gold and platinum status based on sales to customers rather than sales to stores (which is what they like to promote on ads and fliers). Cuz potentially, although this doesn't happen because most CDs do sell even if its poor sales, a store could return every copy it purchased.
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

test
  5. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

urban, if hip hop is only for the hood, you've excluded a large number of artists right off the bat. furthermore, some rap for the hood isnt by people even from the hood. prime example = paul wall (check his XXL interview). personally I dont care, we can call kanye's album and other artistically amazing albums like his a whole new style of music, since all that really seems to matter is how the words "hip hop" are defined. call the music whatever you want, its hot. let music for the hood be natural.. if kanye wasnt feelin like hood music, would you want it to be even if he wasnt feelin that? moreover, I think kanye would argue that the album WAS for the hood (to at least an extent) in the first place. a great recording artist once told me that for every 100,000 cool people theres 30,000,000 corny mufuckas. in other words, theres a handful of rappers rapping about all this angry ass negative music, meanwhile great talents like outkast thrive and sell 10+million and go worldwide. who do u want to market your product to? dont you strive for the best possible for yourself? why let yourself down?
    test
  6. LANSTARR

LANSTARR -[ The Sage ]-

Yeah ur right about that. But like I said they still use that so and so "went platinum" to gas up the artists status, when what they really did was just ship platinum. The record stores could send the albums back, but the consumer still thinks the artist went platinum.
    test
  7. Jay George

Jay George New Member

Enough talk about this half-ass "The Love Below"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.