[*K.O.T.D*] - [WORLD DOMINATION] - Loe Pesci vs Real Deal

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Ryan KOTD, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

oh shit, that's the real Bender? ohhh
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. BNDR...

BNDR... benzel washington.

dont smoke no more. thanks anyways home skillet.
    test
  3. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

down for getting smoked a blunt by a fan

my 11th grade english teacher just did a 360 in her grave
    test
  4. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Right after this battle ended at the event, me and Avo were chatting for like 5 minutes about this. I asked him "what the fuck do you do in a situation like this, I mean, how do you edit that footage?"

At the time he told me he wasn't sure what he was going to do with it, seeing as how Loe was the homie, but clearly the choke needed to be included somehow. What it comes down to is being objective and doing your job - that being to edit the footage and present the events in as close to a realistic fashion as you can without compromising the entertainment value of the battle.

That's what he did, and I don't see any way you can fault him for it.

Whaddup though Avo? Much respect on all this dope footage you've been churning out for us from this event.
    test
  5. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

lmfao and you call me a groupie?
    so far in this thread i have seen you suck up to bishop, bender and dizaster.
    fucking retard.
    test
  6. Saru Beats

Saru Beats R.I.P. Point Game

Well said and spoken like a true videographer.
    test
  7. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

avocado jus ended dat there
    choking is part of his performance ofcourse avo gonna show it
    test
  8. sockruhtese

sockruhtese Member

I recommend the full unedited 6 minute choke gets released.
    test
  9. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

hahahahaha
    test
  10. FiligraNn

FiligraNn Word Up! (Montreal)

I feel where you come from, but im missunderstood. I mean theres a difference between saying "ive opened up for such and such" and saying "ive opened up for this cat, i rapped in a cypher with him and he was feeling me all the way.

PLUS loe was mentionning this because of the Teacher angle, it was like using a cliché "im co signed by such and such" line and pushign it further. Therefore i think the idea is intersting (if you are aware that Real Deal is in fact a teacher at some school)

If he has that kind of rep here , its because he has proven his freestyle skills on numerous occasion and on numerous platforms, wheater it be on wax, acappella on street corner, at a radio show, at a live show, at a battle, winning competitions , etc...etc....

I can totaly understand why YOU wouldnt feel this is legitimate because GT never witness those moments but he DID do it under pressure , lot of that before the "youtube era". When people say hes top 3, or the number 1, its not because hes a "house party freestyle champ" at all.

Then again , if you are part of the hiphop realm like i think you are, you are aware of these "underground legends" that have hood celebrity status and come to grindtime with everything to proove. I can understand why you would feel that unless he does a top 3 GT freestyle hes not credible, but YOU CANNOT SIMPLY DISCREDIT HIS BACKGROUND OR REPUTATION because he chocked in this particular format.

I mean whats more of a proof? Dropping a sick ass freestyle in a GT battle. Or doing a 10 minute off the top gem on a local radio show? Doing a legendary freestyle at scribble or rocking a cypher with Krs one? Rocking the hot 97 cypher or dropping a impressive freestyle of your own on youtube?

YOu get my point, these are just different platform. Altough some would say that battles are a ultimate meeting point, like the last challenge, i would deffend the idea that all platform are equals, Loes has prooven himself over and over again over the years , what im saying is NOW HE JUST NEEDS TO ADJUST HIS GAME TO SHOW THE ACAPPELLA BATTLE COMMUNITY WHY HES A UNDERGROUND LEGEND in MOntreal.

I hope you understand what im trying to say, doing my best with the english langage
    test
  11. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

phrans argument as to why loe didnt free anything after 6 minutes of gayness just proves my point that this was an inside choke even more so
    test
  12. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

First of all, Damon Wayans' character, a parody of a Nation of Islam convert in prison, was not long-winded. That was not the joke. The running gag in that skit was that he would constantly misuse scientific terms and other words to appear intelligent, such as something like "The hypotenuse of my diarrhea leads me to conclude that the white man is only as geriatric as his conundrum." So you were wrong in your first sentence. It doesn't get better from there. As an aside, please note one part of my posts in this thread where I am that difficult to understand for anyone who can read. I flex my words like I do my dick in supermodels: frequently.

You don't understand your own analogy's flaws. Forgetting your bars, particularly in a WRITTEN battle league, is not equivalent to missing a shot or striking out. Those athletic actions would be more akin to spitting a line that failed to get a reaction. The dynamics behind each process are not similar enough for your analogy to be of any use at all. Again, this is why analogies, unless for satirical or polemical reasons, are not of much value. You're acting like freestyling is simply looking at something and then thinking of something and then expressing it. There is an instinct that has to be developed and sustained in order to freestyle well enough to spit anything worthwhile in a pressure situation, and I don't know if Loe has it or not, but it didn't appear that he did. And furthermore, the people who I mentioned who screwed up, such as myself, had opportunities to redeem themselves. This occurred in the last round of the battle. There was no subsequent chance to recover. I had a round to compose myself, Diz is one of the best freestyle battlers on the entire planet. Exceptions not standards, my friend.

First of all, don't write things like "fail" as if they have any real impact beyond Youtube comments on Legend of Zelda speedruns. I never insinuated that everyone has a collective disdain for Loe Pesci or other rappers in his situation. I was addressing the attitudes that were quite evident among several posters on this site which seemed to be more hateful than necessary for the sake of their own sanity. And multiple people have noted or implied that one has to be able to freestyle to be a genuine, more complete, or viable battler or rapper, either in this thread or in general. Just because I didn't identify specific people didn't mean I was targeting everyone, especially you. I didn't know who the fuck you were until you started writing stupid things in response to my smart things and making incorrect comparisons to In Living Color sketches. I still don't know who you are because this is the internet.

Once again, refer to my point, which states that it's about outcomes. Who gives a fuck if Pesci gave his all to do slightly better than embarrass himself? He still would have sucked in comparison to Real Deal (no offense to my homie, Loe), and what it would have signified? The expectation is that you come prepared with your written lyrics and if you do not deliver on those, you do not meet the standard of the craft, unless you pull out something miraculous, and that's some part due to effort, but a lot of it is sheer luck and inspiration.

Or D) I just thought a lot of people, not all, were overzealous in their response to Loe's performance and the implications of it.

I don't think you're an idiot just because you're writing things that are patently wrong from where I'm sitting. I'm done unless you have another NBA analogy to use. Or you could just encourage us to "give our all" some more.
    test
  13. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

my bad on the gun shit too...I was goin OD on my argument..lol
    test
  14. SMEEGLE

SMEEGLE Active Member

u mad or something. Why u stalkin me, I don't read ur posts
    test
  15. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

Is this the same thread where SK got G2DC too? The Anne Frank rebuttal.

It's...

[​IMG]

...all day but... damn.

This thread is basically H.O.S. ready Mapleleaf! There's a few murders in here if you read through it all.
    test
  16. Str8 Ghostin

Str8 Ghostin New Member

Props to Real Deal for putting on a great performance as always. I think that Loe is a very strong battler when he remembers his lines, but the way he handled himself during his 'choke' was very childish. Fans like me paid money to watch heated battles, not to watch a guy stand around like a lost kid for 6 minutes.

No disrespect to your boy Bender, but you have to admit what he did was pretty hurtin'.
    test
  17. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Lemme find out.
    test
  18. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

Fuck the Anne frank rebuttal

Conceited gets six times more views than soul khan per battle on average

Khan prob dissing me in hopes that I tell conceited to battle him

Nigga u were the only durtbAg opponent who he didn't rob

Cortez ate u like omg

U have had 4 different 2-2 partners and ur 1-3 with ur only win comin with DNA doing most the work

Real deal and fresco ate you
    9dm and cobra ate you
    Marv and quest ate you

U robbed porich and yellow rat bastard

Illmac and saurus (ur idols) will never battle you cuz u a step down for them

And oh yeah tricky and charron ate you

As did qpeezy

Die slow nigga

Sazoo > judas
    test
  19. sockruhtese

sockruhtese Member

First of all, the character was long-winded. I didn't mention the scientific terms part because it doesn't apply to you. How is that hard to understand?

My analogy is fine. Just because you don't like the comparison because it goes against YOUR flawed reasoning doesn't take away from it. And oh my god at you saying Loe didn't have enough time to redeem himself. Uh, he had 6 fucking minutes and he ended up being able to go again after Real Deal's 3rd. As far as you saying that he didn't free because he wouldn't have said anything worthwhile...................ANYTHING would've been more worthwhile than standing around for 6 minutes like a fool, forcing Avocado to fast forward through 360 seconds of fail.

We're back to first of all? Should be second of all but okay. Now, I've never played Legend of Zelda so your description of things that go on in your online world don't translate over into mine. Therefore, I will use the word "fail" as I please. Let's talk about stupid posts. There are certain attitudes that are quite evident among several posters on this site which seemed to be more dick-rider than objective. And multiple people have noted or implied that if one stumbles around for 6 minutes like an idiot, then he really won the battle because he did it on purpose and is therefore light years ahead of the game. Or he choked by accident because he was having a bad day (yet managed to spit his first 2 rounds aggressively and flawlessly). Or he did the right thing by not freestyling because stumbling around for 6 minutes like an idiot was a better look. Yeah.

Who cares? How about Pesci, ending up having to ask for the editing to not be so harsh. Or Organik and Bishop for having to stand there while it was going on. Or Real Deal for being thrown off by the awkwardness. Or Avocado for being questioned by Pesci's stans about the editing. We get that you don't care, though.

The reactions are on point for a choke of this magnitude.

Sounds like the problem is where you're sitting. My NBA analogy is staying as is since it's right no matter how many times you reply to it, but feel free to break it down again. But if you do, please give it your all. :funny:
    test
  20. billw84

billw84 throwin' it down

^ since the both of you did not write your essays in MLA format, i will have to deduct 1/3 of your resulting grade

see me after class
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.