[*K.O.T.D.*] - [WORLD DOMINATION 2] - PAT STAY vs MARVWON

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Sep 8, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Choppa Zhivago

Choppa Zhivago ★★★★★★★★★★

Marv bodied him

Arsonal beat pat worse tho
    test
  2. Savage Henry

Savage Henry Well-Known Member

Yeah, that line was NAGL
    test
  3. ivey[cb]

ivey[cb] Keep Bangin

I felt Pat edged it 2-1 giving him the 1st and 3rd but im not even mad at the decision.... this was a super close and very heated battle... id hate to be judging this shit...
    test
  4. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

It was close but Pat Stay i think edged it... But i can see how it can go either way. Marvs first about his life and that was dope on some Illusion z shit
    test
  5. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

pat got the 1st

marv got the 2nd

3rd was tie
    test
  6. Saru Beats

Saru Beats R.I.P. Point Game

Marv took that IMO. He put his bars together so much better, broke Pat down more effectively. Didn't come with many weak bars that fell flat like some that Pat had. A couple "really...?" bars in there by Pat. It was a dope ass battle though, Soul Khan hit it pretty on point with how I saw it too.

Amazing free entertainment.
    test
  7. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Thats the dude from Dirty BellyButton Clothing. He's like 6 feet. Im a good 5 or 6 inches shorter. Anybody over 6 feet can still get uppercut.
    test
  8. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

And SK redeems himself!
    test
  9. IllerThanYou

IllerThanYou Well-Known Member

Only in the 1st but if the rest of the battle consists of this, hang it up Marv. That white nigga woulda caught a mean one to da chin b. Real rap. Ion't care if it you waited til the battle was over and cams was off but that nigga shouldn't have walked home that night b.

Marv betta have some otherworldly bars in these next 2 RDs.
    test
  10. BunchaDivas

BunchaDivas New Member

how did marv fuck up 2 record deals?
    test
  11. artwork

artwork Member

could someone post that direct link to youtube... KOTD HP is laggy as hell right now cannot navigate or anything
    test
  12. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

inb4 "of course the 3 american judges voted for him!" whining
    test
  13. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

On a different note, where do you get your fitteds from marv?
    test
  14. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

everyone needs to go on 21:37 and look at mindbender

edit: regular joe looks like a gentleman nh
    test
  15. Buddha Watt

Buddha Watt Well-Known Member

1st Round - Real even, Marv came out on some 'I gotta prove myself' type shit, it was real effective. But then Pat was hitting hard with all the harsh disses about his brother and Proof. That round was hard to call. I gave it to Marv just because he was more consistently interesting, but maybe a draw is a more fair assessment. MARV/DRAW

2nd Round - Marv came out swinging again. All his shit was on point. The shit about the fight made Pat look bad. Then Pat lost me with the age jokes. They just weren't that funny to me, pretty corny imo. Marv got that one cleanly. MARV

3rd Round - Some of Marv's shit was hitting, some of it wasn't. The 'he sad right now' scheme saved it. Probably Marv's weakest round but it was still good. Half of Pat's shit was hit and miss too. The cerebral palsy shit was heavy. Then Pat really fell off when Sketch got involved but it wasn't really Sketch's fault. MARV

I think Marv got all three rounds really. This is first watch though, innitial reactions are all I'm going on and I haven't read all your opinions
    test
  16. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets You Don't Know Your Enemy

Marv won with better bars.

If you have an autistic/dead family member/friend, rapping about them is about as unimpressive/ non-creative as it gets.

It literally takes NOTHING but the "balls" to rap about it.

EX.
    - "You have a dead mom. Good, she was a slut anyway."
    - "Your sister has down syndrome! That bitch should kill herself because she's a waste of space!"
    - "Your dad died of cancer. And he was a faggot."

In situations like this, no creativity needed. Just spit about the defenseless. And they are very similar to what Pat Stay did during his "memorable" bars.

Marv came with creativity, solid angles, good punchlines and remained cool throughout Pat's very bland/ elementary lyricism.

Ps. Pat Stay has shown in most battles to be better (as a battle rapper/writer) than what he displayed in this battle.) I think he played himself. Went for the "shock" value and it didn't fool the rappers on the judging panel. Most people who don't own a "sucka free boss" t-shirt, or don't know the lyrics to "Oh-Canada" will also agree that Marv Won.

Overall, dope battle.

pps. I give props to people who win battles with lines they would spit regardless of hometown/country environment. Basically, I'm saying Pat would NEVER spit that at a Grind Time Detroit battle.
    test
  17. 2813308004

2813308004 New Member

Damn pat/marv killing it.
    test
  18. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

Wowww... this one will be worth watching a few times.

I give Pat round one and Marv round three. Round 2 was close, but I edge it to Marv.
    test
  19. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

It does make sense and I agree with you. But when I judge the battle, I cant judge on who was the bigger man or who was a more stand up guy...I have to judge the battle for what it is...If Pat was better (like you say) then I have to vote for Pat.

Dont mind me, I feel obligated to comment on everybodys responses.
    test
  20. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

I'd pour some ooatt for your dead homies but Im thirsty.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.