[*K.O.T.D.*]-[WORLD DOMINATION 2]- MADCHILD (Promo)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

:funny: winner :funny:
    test
  2. Thick Frog

Thick Frog New Member

Dude in Boston goes on Rapmusic.com and opens thread about a canadian rapper soon to be battle rapper and watches a promo for his battle debut at 1st or 2nd biggest battle event of all time (WD and SM respectively). He hears one song with a tight beat (Warrior) and seeks it out on youtube. Canadian rapper (madchild) gains one new fan (me).

That song is pretty pretty prettyyyyyy good (curb).
    test
  3. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

Well then the promo vid is doing what its supposed to do
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  4. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

but gangis khan aka camoflauge is second behind drake for most downloaded songs

#realmusic
    test
  5. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Being the descendants of people forcibly brought to the country, enslaved, and then legally and privately forced out of economic opportunity through the second half of the 20th century in every aspect of society, with negative racial stigmas perpetuated about their work ethic, intelligence, and trustworthiness from the moment they gained freedom is different from being the descendant of someone who emigrated here voluntarily (even from a poorer country) into a nation that may have its share of racism against them, but still doesn't put the same obstructions in their way. The Jim Crow system wasn't against Indian people. Housing covenants and private prejudice might have been a problem, but you didn't have Indians, Asians, and Hispanic people imprisoned by the thousands for petty offenses and impressed into labor and worked to death or were stuck in a sharecropping system Chinese on the railroads faced miserable conditions and you might be able to compare this to migrant farm workers in the 20th and 21st century, but it's not comparable in terms of pervasiveness, duration, and the limits it places on those demographics' children to improve their lives. These things stagger and hobble individuals regardless of race, and when they're done disproportionately to certain racial groups even years ago, the effect is decisively worse for their offspring in the future. I didn't LEAVE OUT anyone. It's just that prejudices differ between ethnic groups in their manifestations and impacts. And did I even say that the economic realities of today are just a result of white racism against black people today? No, I just showed that black people have less money in the country. Period. There is a correlation between being black and poor. Do what you will with that information.

Even surviving victims of Japanese internment were compensated, although decades later. Argh. Eyerate, you are too smart to waste your time being contrary about a subject you're so wrong about.
    test
  6. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

summarize this thread plz, i dun think i can read all the pages lol
    test
  7. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

literally zero of what you just typed challenged anything about the other minorities who emigrated to this country are killing the fuckin game. sure, it aggrandized the struggle and all that good stuff(way to play down the railroad slaves), but it has no bearing on the current climate. unless this is an argument that systematic oppression via racial profiling is still prevalent today, then you're just buggin.
    test
  8. Soul Khansenses

Play down the railroad slaves? Do you know how long of a period that lasted? And were the Chinese railroad laborers legally banned from learning to read? Why can't you accept the fact that some groups were historically treated very differently, even if neither were treated well, and they collectively responded in different ways depending on the length of and variety of their subjugation? It isn't a wild notion and it isn't to say that it deprives black people of accountability, but it is a key to understanding why there is so much of a disparity. And you cannot discount the fact that the majority of immigrants from Asian and Southeast Asian countries are self-selecting, more likely, though not certainly, coming here with more education and resources than the average person in their country, whether that comes in the form of academic, vocational, or some other learning, and also family members of existing communities that have developed for centuries. Why is it so difficult to accept that for the better part of their existence, the black American population was subject to systematic efforts to suppress their growth? Once more: Jim Crow and sharecropping ended less than a century ago. No social group overcomes the effect of something of that nature within a generation or even two. The Holocaust was a deliberate genocide, and everybody went to America or other prosperous countries that may not have loved Jews, but let them be involved commercially, socially, and eventually politically in the white mainstream. Some groups have advantages that others don't in America.
    test
  9. onlyoneq

onlyoneq New Member

Sorry for bringing this up so late but HAHA at this post. Lol Wayne better then most rappers hahaha. Not only that. For soulja boi u acting like just ecause he wrote miltiple hits he's good ahah. Reality check, William hung fckin wrote a hit. Is he good too? Lmao gtfoh with that bullshit nigga
    test
  10. Soul Khansenses

I just don't get it. The Chinese in America in the late 19th Century had political and labor advocacy groups of their own, while black men in the South were still getting lynched for nothing. These are not the same histories, not the same legacies that motivate future generations in the same way. Even when people gain new liberties, they don't just suddenly en masse gain a surge of inspiration to better their lives and work against the remaining hardships they have. People are fragile, fucked up, and fallible. If we were all John Galt, we'd be living in individually built palaces made from steel, magic, and unicorn hide, but that's not the way people are. And who cares if you're a self-made Captain of Industry if the country you live in is becoming a shithole?
    test
  11. translucense

translucense New Member

Depends on what you consider "killing the game." Financially? Probably. Politically? Not even close. Socially? Eh, depends on where you look. I think cultural identity and upbringing has a lot to do with the areas of success though.
    test
  12. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets You Don't Know Your Enemy

Soul Knan, please stop with the historical facts. It's much easier for people to think things are happening to people because they "don't work hard enough" or are "lazy" or "unlucky." Yes, there ARE people who fall under those categories/labels but that doesn't explain why certain ethnic groups are often born into such a disadvantage and why it's so hard for them to get out.

Yes, INDIVIDUALS can "rise" above. But it is highly unlikely that an entire "hood" with one day step up and find a way out of the mess.

And these "hoods" exist because at SOME point it was the ONLY place they could live. And THAT was so, because of an "oppressor." And while the oppressor was gaining/ learning more and more, the recently "freed" yet still greatly oppressed was at a great disadvantage that would last for centuries.

But again, it's much easier and self fulfilling to some to believe "I am not where they are because I am special." And if you admit there were GREAT factors in how "those people" ended up in a bad situation while others are better off, it's tough to be able to keep that sub-conscious ego.

And no, I haven't seen many people get to what i believe is the ROOT of the disagreement, so I figured I'd just say what it is and go on my way.

Flame away.
    test
  13. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

Seems to me like Dirtbag Dan has a huge chance to make a bigger name for himself here. Madchild may not be known as a battler (or is/was he?), but he's well known as a rapper in Canada. Dan doesn't have to look far for shit to say.
    test
  14. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

im not reading all this shit but i think its safe to assune that eyerate is wrong when it comes to anything to do with race..

Also This thread was about madchild and it seems to have gone of the track like a run away china man..

Swollen members live show is fucking dope.. there music is sick and i cant wait to see what Happens with this battle
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  15. Soul Khansenses

Whatever, I give up. Eyerate isn't someone I can convince about these things because at the end of the day, he is of the firm belief that anybody, with enough savvy and know-how, can rise above anything. Bless that optimism, but there's no reason to use it to negate facts of history.
    test
  16. DDocBasedGod

DDocBasedGod New Member

wow khan and 100 bullets bodied this shit
    test
  17. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

damn white box. too lazy to look for it again
    test
  18. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

True as fuck...besides MAYBE Jews (and even then you can provide a strong counter argument) no minority is killing the game, even if you account for the fact that whites are still the majority in America.

http://nymag.com/news/features/asian-americans-2011-5/- explaining how Asians struggle and work their ass off just to do mediocre while their white counterpoints do 1/10th of the work and are much more successful. I'm not saying it's a racism thing, it's more the cultural difference and upbringing but it's showing that things aren't as simple as Eyerate tries to imply they are.
    test
  19. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

William Hung never wrote a hit...what the fuck are you talking about? Gawd please have some idea of what you're talking about before spouting inane claims like that.

And yes Lil Wanye is better than most rappers, unless you judge rappers like by how 90's they sound or how many multis they use or how many conspiracy theories they talk about it or some other backpackerish-criteria.
    test
  20. translucense

translucense New Member

Good read. That topic has been something that's been on my mind for quite some time but never something that I would have actively researched. Fucking Asian pokerface...lmao.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.