[*K.O.T.D.*] - [WORLD DOMINATION 2] - DOSE vs 24/7

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

thats part of the personal preference thing I was talking about
    test
  2. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Word, and thanks for clarifying your point. I get what you meant more now.
    test
  3. battlefan

battlefan New Member

24 got robbed tbh. :smh:

the 'echo / ecko' shit was dope as fuck. bad judgement.
    test
  4. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

hilarious... i was thinking the same exact thing.... i guess in his opinion the bigger and blacker you are the cooler you are? i dont know... it was a bad line.. i think people responded because it was the only flip/freestyle line of the battle... and i think even the people who responded at that moment.. thought about it and realised later on that it was incredibly gay
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

i held my tongue but ill say it....

if 24/7 had a british accent, wouldnt his rap style be identical to arkaic
    test
  6. Joey Clips

some of us do.... some of us are actually good at it too
    test
  7. beatrader

beatrader New Member

after watching this battle myself.. i thought it could go either way.. wouldnt have anted to judge this one. both dudes have some good lines, and not so good lines. however i think home crowd bias always adds to the apparent effectiveness of your lines (subliminally to judges or not)
    test
  8. Joey Clips

not in the slightest
    test
  9. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Thank you khan. A simple matter of fact is that "wordplay" bars are the easiest to write, all you do is take a turn of phrase then reverse it back to make it literal, it takes very little skill and only 5 or so battlers can do it consistently and be original.

There was no large gap in writing between the two battlers. I think dose's bars were slightly better but that's preference. Dose had better presense delivery projection and overall cadence. It was a close battle but dose edged it.
    test
  10. iDealaeDi

iDealaeDi New Member

What a dead horse we are beating....but i just think dose had a lot of played out bars, again its preference....The whole "his 16's get 8" i hate that shit, using 8 as the word "ate" is something i never hope i hear again....but either way i just see it as 24/7 was original and dose was sort of generic so i go 24/7...but that's just my own personal opinion and preference....

But go back to the intro's where they each played a song of theirs, and the contrast between each of their tracks is what this battle looked like to me....if that makes sense.
    test
  11. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

i wouldn't call dose unpolished, but i would absolutely call 24/7's a more precise, smooth, polished performance. dose's verses had more words that could be switched out for synoynms without throwing off his rhythm.
    test
  12. sullysulin

sullysulin Active Member

Damn. If Al-Qaeda was as fanatical as you guys, We would have lost A lot more towers.

The battle is over, on to the next one.
    test
  13. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

That's funny because Dose's entire 1st round consisted of word play and name flips.

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  14. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

Rewatched it
    1st round only real weak bar from Dose was that Reverse drive scheme If you don't like nameplays than you won't like his but his name play schemes were pretty good.
    I don't really judge mans voice but hes got good projection Didn't really say nothing corny. I liked the rehab program closer was good with the 1 QP line
    And I like firing shots during battles with the sketch call out.

24/7 was nice with the rhyme schemes had some ok punches nothing really personal as Dose went in kind of reminded me when Maniphest battled DoubleDeuce
    I liked the Bender it was nice Liked his closer better.

Round 2 Dose was funny I like the never get to eat homie line and how he used the flap bracelit. and another good nameflip.

The Arcane line was better than the black guy line It was like he freestyled the way he flowed it. Bar to bar punch to punch don't like cease fire line but the battery changed was nice and the echo was crazy

Round 3 Thought the flip was good the diaz the got your nose was weak pro bush is good for a Canadian crowd

Great rhyme scheme from 24/7' He reallyt went in on that 3rd round. I really liked him in this round. Better than the other 2

24/7 rapped wicked only thing I prefer more directness

Why hate this was just a great battle/ Two quality MC's going at each other. Shout out to both for giving it.

Both of them do music but 24's album Check out Dose and the Hi Cats.

let's just enjoy battles again
    test
  15. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

How is it funny? This wasn't a very good battle, which is part of the reason I didn't want to watch it again. It was on the lower half of battles from WD2 imo.

Dose isn't very good, he was just better than 24/7 on this day.

I would not say that Dose is Generally better than 24/7 and i'd rather see a 24/7 battle over a Dose battle even now. I'd rather buy 24's album over Dose's as well. But on this day, dose beat 24, it happens
    test
  16. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

hmm i find myself re-watching this over hollow vs hitman
    test
  17. Hasib47

Hasib47 Ya zee me?

That battle was irreversibly bad. Oh Gawd.

I guess Hollow is one if not the best doing it right now. I'm very disappointed in Holla. Maybe he was focused on BALL GAMES. No pun intended.
    test
  18. NickJMusic

NickJMusic RealNiggaShit

I would say Real deal is killin it all over and idk that battle i just couldnt get in to.
    24/7 got robbed and it was obvious
    test
  19. Mave2

Mave2 Active Member

Wow at this battle having 58 pages...
    test
  20. NickJMusic

NickJMusic RealNiggaShit

Shit is annoying seein someone n get jerked like that. Now dose will get a tittle show even tho he didnt beat a top teir cat like 24
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.