[*K.O.T.D.*] - [WORLD DOMINATION 2] - DOSE vs 24/7

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor Well-Known Member

this...
    test
  2. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor Well-Known Member

lol...
    test
  3. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Virtually all wordplay based punchlines are reverse-engineered, or paint-by-number as I've referred to them more derisively, which is why it's hard for me to give them any more credit than a "heh, nice" unless they're devastatingly clever and come out of left-field or are actually elegant or powerful in their construction, delivery, and meaning. The few people who do that are Loe, Ness, and maybe like three others.
    test
  4. chrishansen

chrishansen Well-Known Member

IMO you're not witty enough to do wordplay so you constantly critique it to try to diminish an element of battle rap you can't do.
    test
  5. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

Yep watched again, 24/7 clearly got all 3 rounds in a very good battle. Dose had a really good performance but 24/7 was more polished, rapped better, has a better voice, and had better BARS.

DOSE had some good punchlines, but he really did say alot of overused punchlines and wordplay. And that whole Kap Kallous, Mad Illz being fat scheme was horrible.

STILL DEAD@people thinking this battle was close after watching it on video.
    test
  6. Soul Khansenses

How was Dose unpolished? His delivery might not have been your cup of tea evidently, but it's not like dude was stuttering around like an idiot. Additionally, I never use people's voices as a factor when judging because that's largely out of a battlers' hands. Projection, sure. Tonality, sure. But voices? I would give most battlers an L off their voices alone if I were to take that into account, including some battlers that I actually think are dope.
    test
  7. Soul Khansenses

And I think it's funny that people criticize a battler like D-Lor's own performances when he brings up his opinion when the fans don't rap themselves at all, invalidating the premise of their argument. Hell, there are some battlers who can't rap at all but can judge astutely, or, according to y'all, battlers who can rap but can't judge like myself. I anticipate as soon as the next wave of decisions come, folks will be either on some "Soul Khan made a lot of on-point judgments at this event minus the Dose decision" or "every other battle was easier for Soul Khan to judge so he didn't really have a difficult job, I hope he kills himself so I can safely masturbate to Youtube again with a clear conscience."
    test
  8. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Where did he say Dose was unpolished? He said 24 was more polish.

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  9. tyronehouston

I never said Dose wasn't unpolished, 24/7 was just more polished in his performance, his conviction, delivery, rhyme schemes. He was as polished as URL rappers, like how polished your battle vs Deacon Frost was compared to most of your GT battles.

When I said voice, I meant vocal tone. 24/7's vocal tone was alot better than Dose's. I do think if you have a non pleasant vocal tone, it is something you have to overcome in rap battling, and if you have a great vocal tone you can make simple bars sound dope, so unfortunately it eventually holds some weight to me when it comes to judging battles.

Syd Viscious has a huge advantage in battles because of his vocal tone and projection as compared to DLOR who has amazing bars but is held back somewhat BECAUSE of his vocal tone.

Hell your vocal tone gives you a huge advantage, because it does sound like it has SOUL in it, which is why it's more aesthetically pleasing to a black crowd like the URL in comparison to if you had the vocal tone of Charron.
    test
  10. tyronehouston

:funny::funny::funny: I've always thought you were an excellent judge, and I think that's why i'm so shocked at this judgement. And not because you made that judgement live, I've been to live events where the crowd and the performance of someone live can make a battle look a different way as compared to watching on video.

I'm shocked that you watched again on video and doubled down on your Judgement. :eek:
    test
  11. KaveMan Brown

KaveMan Brown Member

Its a conspiracy out here with all yall Lil Jimmies
    test
  12. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

I actually agree with Lor on this. 24 is/was no where near as good as you guys are making it sound. It was a close battle and not a robbery.

This site seems to have a massive hard on for 24 tho and they hate dose (me too) and that seems to be swaying opinions to extremes.
    test
  13. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

If voice didn't matter, GTEC Renegade would be Draft League Renegade.

Soul Khan has given enough of an explanation for what he thinks though, I don't know why people keep expecting more. There is no actual criteria for rap battles, it's the reason why there are so many trolls on RM (because a guy like IKNOWALL can argue that Rich Dolarz is winning all these battles and you can't objectively refute it).

I kind of agree with Chrishansen though about Khan not being able to do it himself though. I haven't seen that out of him, even in the QP battle where he tried a bit (not that he really needs it to be effective).
    test
  14. tyronehouston

The thing is I was never a fan of 24/7. You said it was a close battle, but didn't say who you thought won. So who would you have chosen?
    test
  15. Soul Khansenses

I have no idea what Chris wrote because I have him on ignore because he grew tiresome to me, but what did he say? That I can't do wordplay like 24? I can. I just don't like it coming from me, so I don't do it except to make fun of it against an opponent who does it or to kill time. I went for the throat and said it plainly or vividly. No need for an "in other words" or whatever the fuck y'all think makes something that more imaginative.

And Tyrone, the reason I'm doubling down on the judgment I made live was because I still feel that Dose did enough to win. There were merits of both performers, and I preferred Dose. I'd (no offense to Dose) rather do a song with 24, which to me, matters more in the greater scheme.
    test
  16. Fuzzy Dunlop

i honestly would have to watch it again but I don't think it was a very good battle so I may not.

but I'm not mad at anyone saying 24 won, but it seems like people (apparently not you) are letting their personal biases and preconceived notions get the better of them when they call it the worst robbery ever etc when I think this is actually decided by personal preference (which none of these 2 fit MY personal preference)
    test
  17. Hasib47

Hasib47 Ya zee me?

I agree that 24/7 WON the battle, but why are people saying that a rebuttal DOSEn't give you the battle??????????

Exhibit A:

"Muthafucka, I could beat you if I did or didn't choke....

Where was I, on the night Gary Coleman died, giving your MOM a DIFFERENT STROKE!"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. b.
    test
  18. Fuzzy Dunlop

holy fuck. it all makes sense now.

khan trying to legitimize his KOTD win.

shameful sk smh
    test
  19. tyronehouston

I hear what you saying, I appreciate you explaining why you judged that way on this board, when you didn't have to.
    test
  20. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Not a good battle?

Hmmm...

Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.