[*K.O.T.D.*] - [WD2] - BENDER vs ILLMACULATE

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Sep 22, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

i have illmac taking all 3.... bender is dope but this wasnt his best performance... illmac outbendered him in that third round... sick round
    test
  2. epsonperfection

epsonperfection ass

benders delivery is monotonous. his punches would land 10x harder if he would atleast try switching it up. shit, kap kallous sounds better battling.
    test
  3. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

the automatic/clutch/drive and the axe/arm and hammer/etc. lines are something ppl wouldve made fun of if QP did it a few months ago

am i lyin my nigga
    test
  4. Stock IV

Stock IV fevrier

wow at stealing my post and reposting it here

get ur own material m8
    test
  5. Dear Diary

Dear Diary Well-Known Member

test
  6. BasedNIGLETT

i assume ur talking about otbva? i dont even have an account there bashir
    test
  7. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Illmaculate did really well.
    test
  8. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

[​IMG]
    test
  9. IronsWrittens

IronsWrittens Well-Known Member

dead @ ness lee making that jay z face after that "axe, armed and hammered" line

i did thhe same, cant lie
    test
  10. MeanMachine

MeanMachine New Member

not necessarily true but if they did its because of his terrible delivery

hollow vs goodz:(forgot what came before, something about aim and squeeze) ......... he tried to reach and was spitting out blood cause he brushed me wrong

and people thought that was dope when they got it

real niggas know
    test
  11. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

I jumped out of my chair.
    test
  12. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

Look at him, now back to me.
    test
  13. Wong Fei Hong

Wong Fei Hong Unorthodox Boxer

illmac.... fucked him up.

Got damn he caught a serious body.

Bender was dope as hell as always. But Mac went at him like he took the last slice of a delicious piece of pizza.
    test
  14. True Blood

True Blood New Member

Benders soft "aggressive" flow is so wack to me. I only started watching his battles because hes hyped on this site but i cant stand them.

I dont get how he hasnt been straight outperformed by a nigga getting louder/in his face....if its happened let me get a link
    test
  15. BasedNIGLETT

i thought bender won the first 2 rounds doe mmmmmmm
    test
  16. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

yoooo real talk Benders 2nd round keeps getting better every time i watch it, first 2 rounds are mad close.
    test
  17. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Naw you ain't
    test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

in this thread a nigga said 'delivery game.'
    test
  19. battlefan

battlefan New Member

if you deliver something in a boring and over-complicated way without emphasizing it properly at the right times you probably won't get the reaction the line may deserve.. Illmac and QP's performance levels are completely different.. Illmac is also respected more so him delivering that line makes it hold more weight.. imagine Dizaster delivering some of QP's bars.. even though it's not his typical style.. i guarantee he'd get more reaction, just off the way he delivers the shit and performs.. QP either has to write better bars that get a reaction or up his performance / approach / understanding of how to get his content over with the fans..

maybe i'm wrong?.. but I just think QP's happy spittin' what he wants, how he wants and could give a fuck about winning the battle, bettering himself and evolving.. his style is just too deeply embedded and he lack's versatility and understanding of his opponents and the requirements of an environment.... maybe i'm to invested in this.. i was just bored tbh :funny:
    test
  20. Swagger Vance

Swagger Vance New Member

I know this is a thread about the Bender/Illmaculate battle, so before I say what I'm about to say, I will say that the battle was ridiculous. I don't think Illmaculate's 3rd was as good as Thesaurus was hyping it to be, but as a whole, the battle was unbelievable. I saw a few people say that Old Spice part was overdone and corny, but I thought it was hilarious and Illmac pulled it off flawlessly. The wordplay bars were on point (the deodorant and automotive schems) and 3rd round martial arts references were vicious. I thought his performance slipped a little in the 3rd, which took away from it a bit, but still great shit no less.

And hats off to Bender too, because he would have beat a lot of people with what he had. Just not Illmaculate. I think his style, as we start to see more of it, is starting to get redundant. The bars and content are unbelievable, no denying that, but he needs to work on repackaging it a bit. If he could make his delivery just a little more versatile...yeesh man, that bol would probably take the chain off whoever and never relinquish it.

So now the reason I really came in here for: The Green Tape. I know I'm late as fuck, but I just now got around to listening to this shit and it's honestly the best effort I've heard from a battle rapper to date. I have all the best shit from this culture (Soul Like Khan, OG Hindu Kush, Flight Distance, and most recently Room Full Of Empty Bottles) and I can honestly say, while those are all incredible projects on their own two, the production and cohesiveness of The Green Tape outdoes all of them. I'm not here to debate which you like best and you now obviously know which I prefer, so I'm here to simply say thank you to the artists and, to the fans:

Support this culture man. Buy all these projects and when Skrill Talk drops, buy that too. Here's a link to the Green Tape if you're hella late like I was/am, download it for free now and pass it along if you're feeling it. Illmac, thanks for the free music man, this is great shit.

FRSHCLSV ALBM: Illmaculate x G_Force – The Green Tape
    [​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.