Battle Video [K*O*T*D] - VENGEANCE 2 - DNA vs. THE SAURUS

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by TheIlliterate, Apr 15, 2013.

?

who won?

1. DNA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. THE SAURUS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. too close to call

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dexptjy

dexptjy Active Member

No doubt. I think part of it is where the mic is situated too. It was clearly on the battlers, with the audience sounds barely in there. Obviously this is what you want, but crowd reaction helps videos a LOT and needs to be factored into the audio recording.
    test
  2. Ghost BC

Ghost BC New Member

Pete got round 1. DNA god 3. 2 is debatable. Great battle
    test
  3. ass2myface

ass2myface Member

liked the battle

random thoughts

saurus: was calculated in calling out some lines he thought DNA would write... was always curious if cats have other material, if they don't go first? shit helped pete in that spot at the end of the day though.... thought you could have attacked his character a bit better in spots to nit pick... solid shit though

DNA: loved the scheme in the 3rd round, but some of the lines didn't hit/ make some sense... good round, but had the potntial to be a classic.... not gonna nit pick them all.... was a nice round in general

probably have to watch again, but leaning a bit towards the saurus.... was entertaing and has some replay value.... all that matters..... no real losers in this shit.... the match made sense and played out nicely
    test
  4. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Damn. Sick ass battle. Thought Saurus got the 1st & DNA killed the 3rd. Not sure bout the 2nd.
    test
  5. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Regardless I think they both deserve a shot at the title
    test
  6. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

This...

Illest line tho was thesaurus' tri-angles line..
    test
  7. GoGoGadgetDick

GoGoGadgetDick Can't Touch This

Haven't like a dozen battlers used the "triangles vs. try...angles" wordplay? I'm pretty sure both 100 Bulletz and Arcane used it in their battle and I thought it was done in URL prior to that.
    test
  8. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

If anyone was gonna be cliched enough to do a Thesaurus/dictionary line, then it had to be DNA. I wonder if he knows he corny he's being or if he actually thinks he's being creative.
    test
  9. Symphoniez

Symphoniez Member

TheSaurus got this very close to 3-0. Crowd was underwhelming but tbh I rather that than overreacting faggots.
    test
  10. karmed00

karmed00 Member

no, he didnt try that one dimensional angle, he took it to another dimension like a tetrahedron :alliknowisthat:
    test
  11. Track 2

Track 2 Well-Known Member

why is thesaurus keep talking while dna is rapping. mad disrespectful
    test
  12. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

Good battle. Could go either way tbh
    test
  13. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

Crowd sucks balls.
    test
  14. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

Terrible battle no replay value it was a tie who cares move on DNA gets hate on this board and I do agree with it but Thesaurus is just as bad his delievery is terrible and you can tell he's been watchin smack battles lately by the way he explaining his punchlines.
    test
  15. flatsound

flatsound Member

dope battle, but it felt a little short and there was an underwhelming amount of actual freestyling going on. i guess i was just anticipating more given the match up at hand.

it could go either way. saurus on bars alone, dna on performance + crowd reaction.
    test
  16. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

This... The Saurus killed DNA.. and the harvard vs. crack shit is laughable..

even if u had to resort to selling crack like biggie did to support ur daughter I'm pretty sure u wouldnt think that is preferable in any way to going to university, nor does it make u somehow a better person

and a tactical error on DNA's part, did he forget wat crowd he was rapping to? That's like The Saurus going on SMACK and sayin',

"If I didn't have battle rap I'd be goin' to harvard, u'd just be some dirty crack dealer"
    test
  17. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

the majority says DNA won Mage
    test
  18. philadelphiaLAW

philadelphiaLAW Active Member

he was uncomfortable with the crowd reactions DNA was receiving, and didn't believe he deserve it

the thing is...there are always going to be people who think DNA won/wins because they believe he stands what they stand for (sad i know)

the people who are somewhat educated (in and outside of rap battling) can plainly see how ridiculous saurus made DNA look with his predictions, and how overtly stupid DNA actually is in his coherency and usage of the english language...which has crossed the threshold of embarrassing long ago...

saurus only adds fuel to a fire that is being perpetuated by cavemen/idiots by projecting an appearance of nervousness when he should have just sat there in confidence

i guess he understands that because the majority of rap battle fans AREN'T very smart, he needed extra theatrics to sway their opinion...which speaks to an unfortunate reality that is an entirely different conversation
    test
  19. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

The majority of people once believed that the earth did not orbit the sun at one point :deathstare:
    test
  20. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

what does that have to do with battle rap?
    test