Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [VENDETTA] - DNA vs EURGH

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. DNA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EURGH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

SHould have this battle transcribed.

I cant stand most URL/NY style battlers and Eurgh is one of my favourites. DNA took this one, closest round was the last one, and DNA coulda lost that round mostly cus his jokes arent as good as his bars.
    test
  2. Rebuttal

Rebuttal Member

I don't think the over-used term 'BodyBag' can be used for this battle for either Battler. DNA's style is gripping and some of his punchlines and wordplay is phenomonal (although he HAS to STOP breaking it down). Eurgh had the best battle of his to date. by far. Some classic and memorable bars from both but I would edge towards DNA just for pure entertainment value.
    test
  3. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Eurghs best bar ever for me was still against Kid Twist.

"We're some lions toronto, so you'd better swallow your pride before I set my pride on this swallow."

sick.
    test
  4. DetroitLion

DetroitLion New Member

I give this to eurgh 2-1 can't believe people are saying anybody had this 3-0 dna is usually wack to me but he did good on this one.

BTW this is no where near eurgh's best battle, he came way better in the thesaurus or twist battle
    test
  5. Zero-D

Zero-D Brilliance Unparalleled

"Something, something I do":funny:
    test
  6. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

:wtf2:
    test
  7. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

I've argued this point time and time again, however people hold battler's to different standards and often use content as a crutch for lack of rhythm or overall rapping ability.

The people who overanalyze and nitpick content rather than just go by what sounded better, are usually the ones who can't enjoy "mainstream" rappers and the overall composition of their songs.
    test
  8. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

What is rapping? It's all about punchlines and personals bro.

All DNA talks about is guns and his tooth. Every single one of his punchlines were about guns and that's why I just went ahead and skipped through his verses and didn't listen to them. DNA is corny, and I'm not just saying that because I'm still mad about him leaving GT when he did.

:)
    test
  9. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I'd say there's probably some truth to this. I don't know, I love Drake and Lil Wayne's music. I don't care if its "intricate" or "complex" enough or whatever, its fun to listen to. Whenever I go to a party or club I'm certainly not hoping they play some "dope Hieroglyphics or Atmosphere" or some other bullshit (that doesn't sound like a very fun party imo).

It may be a stretch, but I think the overall lack of emphasis on "sounding good" in battles anymore is a lot of the reason many battle rappers aren't recognized for their music all that often. That isn't a knock on anyone or anything like that, I just think there could be a possibility that since there is SO MUCH emphasis on the content in battles anymore, that "sounding good" has somewhat gone out the window. And in a lot of cases I think its carried over into the musical aspect of things for a lot of battle rappers.

Like of course they want their songs to sound good, but they may be concentrating so much on the content aspect, that their songs suffer as a result.
    test
  10. WordsOfHonesty

WordsOfHonesty New Member

Eurgh votes=DNA hater,from uk. I'm not a huge fan of DNA but he won.
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I've seriously have had heated debates with people who think bands like the Beatles or Journey or whatever are "classic" but *insert band that has had a hit within the last 6 months* are overly simple hot garbage. People, specifically music fans have an incredible amount of double standards. People, specifically those who don't have a whole lot of friends in their own age bracket will refuse to give these songs a chance because they associate these songs with the people that they hate.

Try this. Tell one of those hip-hop snots that Rakim is overrated. Not that he sucks. Just that he's overrated. Watch their supposedly musically open-minded asses refuse to even allow you that opinion.

edit: that was in response to lightskintwin's comment
    test
  12. lightskintwin

I'm just tired of people who claim what's real hip hop and what's not, despite the people they consider legends talking about the same subject matter and creating club/party anthems these supposed "mainstream" rappers today are making.
    test
  13. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Yeah, genres in general are kind of stupid.

To me, good music is good music. Drake's last album was damn near an R&B album. It was good music though, and a pleasant surprise imo. I liked Nas's collab with Damien Marley a LOT despite that it wasn't all hip-hoppy. I like George Harrison's not so rock-and-rolly albums. I like that Prince didn't just make synthy funk his whole career.

I just don't understand why people would want artists to make the same album forever. People keep saying they wish Nas would make another Illmatic or Jay would make another Reasonable Doubt, but let's face it, if they made those albums over and over again, they would be boring turds.
    test
  14. lightskintwin

Farooq >>>>>>>>>>>>

I have no desire to hear 90's hip hop in 2012. I lived it, experienced it, and a lot of great music was made. However I've moved on and if at any time I feel like hearing it; I can simply throw some of these classics that were made on. Same way with other genre's such as funk, soul, jazz, rock, etc...

If somebody somehow reinvents it or makes what was old new again, then so be it, but until then I'm happy with it naturally evolving with mainstream artists leading the way.
    test
  15. Ducking Angels

Ducking Angels Good bars> Bad bars

I'm actually pretty guilty of still living in the 90's (and 80's) as far as hip hop is concerned. Hence the avatar. It's not that I think that new hip hop today is inherently idiotic or fake or something. It mainly stems from the fact that I think many rappers today just don't have particularly good/interesting flow. I actually quite like songs like 'hard in da paint' because at least they are pretty exciting. I still haven't found anyone else I think is better at flowing over a beat than Rakim and Big Daddy Kane.
    test
  16. martymcfly

martymcfly Well-Known Member

"Niggas want my old shit, buy my old album"
    test
  17. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

no they aren't lol
    test
  18. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

yah i personally like genre distinctions because its a real basic way to add context when talking with someone. easier to say *insert group or artist* is dope, its kinda *insert genre*. I would never deign to argue genre distinctions with someone (although I would likely clarify my stance on the issue so the person understood basically what I'm saying now), because it'd be a waste of time since for all I know their definition of lets say power metal could be closer to my definition of heavy metal, and we'd both be right, but I don't think its at all stupid to invoke the name of a genre when describing an ensemble
    test
  19. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

It's all the sub-genres and the mindsets that go with them that kill it- like back in the days it was oh I like southern hip-hop so west coast stuff doesn't interest me because I'm not allowed to or the other southern hip-hop fans wont think im "down".

They are needed, but people need to stop staying in their little sub-genre hole.

And I have said this before: this is the age of incredible beats and horrible lyrics. Just saying...
    test
  20. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

What? lol. Sub-genres kill it? How do you know if you are listening to rock and roll, rockabilly, country rock, punk rock, folk rock, rap rock, indie rock, indie folk rock, indie-folk-rap-rock-and-rollcore, or disco? And who cares? Why do you need a label? Why would you even want one?

Labels in life cause suffering, and music is no exception. Nothing is more obnoxious then hearing a song when someone says "I can't tell if this is technically punk or new wave".

I don't think Slipknot is Metal, they more sound like a Ska/R&B band to me. Am I wrong?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.