Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [VENDETTA] - DNA vs EURGH

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. DNA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EURGH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam3000

Adam3000 Member

co fucking sign. i like eurgh as a battler. i like him a lot (no homo) but DNA got every round imo. i don't know why this poll is saying eurgh won.
    test
  2. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

One thing I thought Id say is that its more like URL battlers do indeed write verses/rounds as a whole. Many DF/KOTD battlers do many schemes to display different cadences/flows/structures, kinda like showing technical abilities/range. Also, by breaking things down in individual schemes, they can pick and choose the right schemes for the right round when a reply/rebuttal is needed. So if your opponent spits something relevant to something you got a scheme on, you spit it in the next round, not 2 rounds later if it was written in a round as a whole.

No matter, DNA took this one, took the two first ones, close third imo.
    test
  3. Fartface

Fartface Well-Known Member

You all have a point, i still enjoy eurgh'e verses more doe
    test
  4. Somafide

Somafide Well-Known Member

"You only known in ya home country, I'm known nationwide" - that's not a grammatical error, it's a line that makes no fucking sense at all in as an insult. He also said that Eurgh was from Brighton (he mispronounced Brighton), when Eurgh is from Norwich. He used a 'slow it down' in each round and the Rick Ross one was completely unnecessary.

I thought he came really well and rap-Eurgh scheme was the best in the battle, but you can only say enough stupid shit before you aren't allowed to win anymore.
    test
  5. Hadouken

Hadouken New Member

Thought Eurgh got it on the stream, but DNA now I think DNA got it. Good battle though.
    test
  6. Sky2real

Sky2real Active Member

I don't see what was corny about the "pack of faggots" or "spotted dick" lines. I chuckled a little.
    test
  7. Fartface

Fartface Well-Known Member

cuz nobody in the world has ever said 'a pack of faggots'
    the spotted dick line was funny imo
    test
  8. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

I do wonder how better Eurgh would be received if he had an American accent. After listening to what Lush and DBD said about Eurgh's "well spoken" accent on the DBD podcast, it got me wondering.

That being said, first watch I gave it to DNA.....

...But voted Eurgh becasue he was losing in the polls when the battle was first posted. :p
    test
  9. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

Its clear people hate DNA on here so no matter what he does its not good enough Eurgh had a wack lines too. Dna vegatable and rapp-er/rapp-eurgh schemes were better then any thing Eurgh spit
    test
  10. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

good poast
    test
  11. johnjohn41

johnjohn41 New Member

Awesome battle and DNA's first is prob one of the greatest opening rounds in battle rap history..dude blacked the fuck out.

I got DNA winning 2-1 but it's a debatable battle..
    test
  12. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

that would be devolving. taking steps backwards to a less complex platform that requires less thought. also no longer any connection to hip-hop if what you're saying is true. my main criticism of eurgh is he doesn't sound good whatsoever. his lack of rhythm is merely the reason for it. aye verb, arsonal and t-rex are considered as good as they are because of verse structure while being able to put out vivid imagery and hard punches. nice rapping with nice content is better than nice rapping with poor content. but nice rapping with fine content beats no rapping with fine content.

like, you notice during battles like Yung Ill and T-Rex, when a dude's really going in and throwing out lots of images and thoughts one after the other, and the crowd's captivated, but they always let out one 'oh!' and then get quiet again to make sure they don't miss what comes next? thats people being impressed with rapping rather than personal information. thats what the platform is meant display.

edit: rhythmic noises sounding better than arrhythmic noises is intrinsic to life and not excluded from any medium lmfao
    test
  13. Vember94

Vember94 New Member

To be honest, I don't see how DNA could have won this at all.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Lol...fucking this. Though I personally thought Eurgh was great overall, and thought his rapping was still, "ok".

But just in general, its as though people place little to no value on the way rappers verses sound anymore. I think most would agree that Arsonal's content is relatively garbage most of the time. Yet most are still in agreement that he is arguably the best person doing this. The reason is because he sounds good. I understand people recognize this, but its as though they need it to be so obvious that it takes someone as good as Arsonal for them to be able to recognize it...DNA is no Arsonal in terms of rapping, but people should be able to distinguish that he sounds better than Eurgh in this battle (and that should count for something).

If it were a contest where two country singers had to make "battle songs" against each other where they had to write a song insulting their opponent, and then sing them against each other, the content would obviously be important, but also how well they sang should be taken into account. A rap battle should be no different imo.
    test
  15. Se7eNem

Se7eNem hi mom

On 5th watch, I still have DNA taking it. But Eurgh freestyles > Dna's.
    test
  16. 2essentialz

2essentialz Active Member

Damn, not normally a fan of DNA because he has had mad corny bars in the past, but he bodied shit here. Great battle, and much respect to eurgh for bringin his A game. He was dope. DNA came with it tho.

1st - DNA
    2nd - Eurgh
    3rd - DNA
    test
  17. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

still can't pick a winner in this battle

Eurgh's writing was insane but DNA is so fuckin entertaining. Crazy replay value in every round
    test
  18. You People

You People Active Member

If Eurgh had have rapped DNA's verses, and vice versa, would DNA have caught himself the biggest bodybag since time began?
    test
  19. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

My brain cannot comprehend this question. Great, now I'm dead.
    test
  20. Automator

Automator Active Member

I think KOTD clearly emphasizes the battle in "rap battle" and their product is gradually moving away from hip hop (although they're still very much a part of hip hop culture and will remain so for years).

"nice rapping with nice content is better than nice rapping with poor content. but nice rapping with fine content beats no rapping with fine content."

absolutely, but we can't equate delivery with rapping. what if someone comes in on some MLK shit. it would be incredible delivery of great material but it wouldn't be rap. so would that performance lose to someone like DNA? Eurgh's approach is more like a roasting session and it matches his more conversational delivery. there is no one best way to perform lines, the delivery depends on what the content is. for Eurgh, I think he can perform his material better than say, DNA could perform Eurgh's material because it doesn't match DNA's delivery. DNA's style is more hip hop but I don't think that's relevant in a battle in a league with 2 or 3 ex-champs who don't make music.

that being said, obviously, sounding better > sounding bad and if someone sounds terrible (like Charron) it's hard to give them a win, but in Eurgh's case, I think his delivery is good for a battle.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.