Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [VENDETTA] - DNA vs EURGH

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. DNA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EURGH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

DNA got that 2-1 at least. Eurgh had some dope wordplay, but his haymakers weren't hitting like usual. DNA just basically did him, but with much more confidence and no obscene fuck ups. Lol at some of his rebuttal setups though, dopest quotes or something haha!

DNA may have been predictable but I think he did what he does well. Eurgh was trying really hard to make DNA look dumb but I think it backfired because DNA isn't known as the most articulate or grammatically gifted rapper. Its Mr. Something Something.
    test
  2. Fartface

Fartface Well-Known Member

We all got is brah

What I mean is, he slows it down, and the second meaning is:

"no woman sweater, so why would they in vest in putting you on the cardigan"
    Is not a proper sentence.....Why did he slow it down lol
    Conceited just had a slight heartattack when he heard this

Hate to say it but let's look at thesaurus' slow t down line

"all I had her do was show me around".
    "all I had eurgh do was show me a round"

See how both sentences have a meaning, that's why he slowed it down

You see what I mean now iknowall? DNA had some shit but this is wack to me
    test
  3. iDealaeDi

iDealaeDi New Member

i want to give Eurgh the win, because in my eyes, he proved he's a better emcee, or at least a more advanced writer, but that doesn't win the battle, DNA stole the momentum and honestly thats all you need to win a battle.
    test
  4. iDealaeDi

iDealaeDi New Member

he slowed it down so you could hear each word he used within the sentence, just cuz other people slow down bars that have double meanings doesn't mean he was goin' for the same exact thing, and like i said, i missed VEST and i missed Act Since/Accents the first time ,so the slowdown was effective for me...

but i do see your point and usually i don't like double meaning punchlines that dont have a double meaning, (see. My Hair'll Win Like Veins On Hollohan/My Heroin like Veins on Hollohan)
    test
  5. j4remi4

j4remi4 Active Member

1st round - I thought it was extra tight on the stream, on rewatch though I really wasn't feeling much of DNA's bars until the better rappeurgh ish and even that had a bit less bite. I give that to Eurgh on the consistency.

2nd - Eurgh's for sure imho. DNA came a lot stronger but Eurgh had his best round too.

3rd - DNA took this one clearly. Eurgh's weakest round for sure and DNA was on point. DNA's Interscope/In the scope rebuttal was fire.

Overall - 2-1 Eurgh...He edged the first two though I think DNA's third was the widest margin of victory in a single round. I think the flips that both cats had were nasty too. Great battle, best of the event for damn sure!
    test
  6. MikeNUFC

MikeNUFC New Member

I agree with Fartface. Totally pointless getting all these related words in, if the sentence doesn't work as a double meaning.
    test
  7. Lizmangsta

Lizmangsta Well-Known Member

Did Anyone Notice Kyle Gray's Absurdly Weird Surname?
    test
  8. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I can't even lie, Fartface is making some really good arguments.

I still thought DNA rapped better, performed better, had better structure to his verses as whole verses, so I still give him the edge.

But even as I was watching whenever DNA kept "slowing it down" and repeating it a second time, I was thinking in my head "No need bro, I got it already...feel free to proceed to the next line."

Plus yea, some of it didn't have double meaning, so like, what's the point?

Idk, I guess I'm leaning closer towards a tie. Like I clearly recognized these setbacks while I was watching, but I suppose I didn't really realize the severity of them, or how often they occurred until some of these arguments came up.

Long story short, good job Fartface.
    test
  9. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

doesnt work like that. Just cus you dont like the slow it down doesn't mean the other guy won the battle. TRY AGAIN
    test
  10. Automator

Automator Active Member

It's not just the slow it down, it's at least 80% of DNA's writing. His best lines are one-and-a-half entendres and how much someone is gonna like him will come down to how dope they think 1.5 entendres are. The rest of his stuff is either retarded ("i'm nationwide"), non-sensical or just sloppy.

DNA is a good performer though and the proof is that he makes some Charron/Uno Lavoz-quality writing sound dope. But once you pay close attention to what he's actually saying, it's hard to ignore it and just say "well, he made it sound good so it gets a pass."
    test
  11. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

It's true that the sweater vest cardigan line isn't so great, but I'm still pretty sure that Eurgh's twitter angle was completely lame, EVEN IF DNA retweets everything. It is just going in on someone's use of a webservice. I mean, an "original" angle isn't necessarily an effective angle or even one that's appropriate for a battle.
    test
  12. MikeNUFC

MikeNUFC New Member

Oh, I agree that was a pretty weak angle, but it was at least written and structured well. A lot of DNA's stuff is weak writing.
    test
  13. JackDeuce

JackDeuce Well-Known Member

You care entirely too much about other peoples opinions
    test
  14. Fartface

Fartface Well-Known Member

im saying thats why i think he lost, i also provided you with arguments
    but you ride for rich dollarz right.... guess you just like mediocrity
    keep bangin doe
    test
  15. flabbadabbadoo

flabbadabbadoo Member

Watching it on the stream i thought DNA won but after watching it back i have to give the win to eurgh. His performance was an all round solid performance and his bars we're much cleverer than dna's. I gavie dna the loss purely for the 'im nationwide' and the 'pack of faggots' which we're two horrible lines it really made dna look quite stupid which is a shame coz delivery wise he was tight and the 'rap - eurgh' scheme was ill!
    test
  16. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

Like I said on the 2nd page of the thread Dna won but people dislike him so there gonna give Eurgh the win. Eurgh a good clean performance so if people say its close I can agree with that. But as far as Eurgh comin with clever angles and having good schemes I would disagree he talked about DNA's tooth every round, talked about Detroit and charlie clips everything we heard before
    test
  17. Home Fries

Home Fries ICE

DNA won, the fact the poll is even this close proves this.
    test
  18. eastcoastreppa

eastcoastreppa Well-Known Member

This battle shows the diffrence in the KOTD and Smack fans, Kotd give it to Eurgh cause it was somewhat close and they hate DNA Smack crowd gives it to DNA for more hard hitting lines, and delievery
    test
  19. AsWeProceed

AsWeProceed Well-Known Member

^^ a lot of people saying dna lost here also said he beat diz.
    test
  20. LyraflipFan

LyraflipFan New Member

He wont accept rationality. He's clearly a gimmick account.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.