Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [VENDETTA] - ARSONAL vs ILLMACULATE

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jul 2, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. ARSONAL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ILLMAC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addicted2aa

Addicted2aa Member

Whether or not there is a racist element to smack/street fans, has no bearing on whether suburban/KOTD fans are or aren't racist. The important thing to realize is that most of the racism is that subtle subconscious shit. The shit that makes you cross the street at the black man with the baggy jeans sagging to his thighs and laugh at the white guy who does it. The thing that lets cats like OSA, Pesci, Illmac, and Real Deal spit violent shit and get applauded, while when Arsonal and T-rex do it, they get called corny.

Sure there's more to it then race. There's the feeling that the first five guys aren't real trying to be serious, that they know it's a fantasy, essentially they are in on the joke(same reason Fresco gets shitted on when he does it) and when Ars and Rex do it, they seem like they really mean it, or at least that they really want to mean it. Part of that is the culture they grew up in, but part of it is also, they are black men from urban environment. When they say they are gonna palm the ruger, it's different than when it's said by Cruger. Even if it's the same bar with the same inflection.
    test
  2. FleeKan

FleeKan always THAT nigga

When the fuck do they get lambasted for talking about violence? LMAOOOOOOO

You're absolutely stretching it to the tenth degree.

They get shat on for the actual content and angles they take because suburban white kids dont find it that good and its not what they like, particularly when it makes up a majority of the battle verse.

And the shit that makes me cross the street wwith a black man in saggy jeans is common sense dumby. Statistics and common sense tell that dude is much more likely to do something dangerous than a wigger.

Race plays a smaller part than the race obsessed like it to play. Its more about culture and upbringing then it is white/black. even though culture is influenced by race
    test
  3. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

dayum fleeklan is hella angry his hero illmac got killed hahahaha
    test
  4. FleeKan

Again. Go read the YT comments on Real Deal vs B Magic. It made me realize just how wide the fan divide is.

There were just heaps of fans who not only disagreed with me on the outcome but had complete different standards on what makes a bar good or even efective,

He's not my hero and I'm not emotionally invested in this argeument. Even if I was I could just remind myself of how history has proven my race and whites.
    test
  5. Hitchslap

Hitchslap Hate you

test
  6. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

hahahahahaha fleeklan has never seen black people. it explains everything. i bet if the first time he saw a black person first question hed asked if he could rap
    test
  7. FleeKan

And lets be honest Arsonal gets hate from everyone not just white people. So the backlash is magnifyed and heightened
    test
  8. FleeKan

Well no actually. The first time I saw a black person was at an the airport when I was 10 years old.

It scared the shit out of me actually, it was one of these really dark black people:

[​IMG]

dude on the left

(i mean in person)
    test
  9. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

:taxgsmile:
    test
  10. kdad64

kdad64 Member

Two emm effs who wasted KOTD's ca$h by being unprofessional.... (Bus & Ill)
    Illmac got flogged....
    His 3rd reminded of The 5 Heartbeats when Eddie King Jr. showed up in that ugly ass suit singing "I wish raindrops would fa-ah-ah-alll....."
    Ars 4-0
    test
  11. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Pipe Buster

illmacs 1st and 2nd werent too bad...

ars still 3-0 tho.
    test
  12. FleeKan

Illmacs second had some of the realest shit anyone has ever said to Arsonal

it was a very good round
    test
  13. smha201

smha201 Avicenna's Banker

To each his own, but I find Illmaculate's rounds both more entertaining and more well-constructed than Arsonal's. Don't really care if some people say "you just don't understand Arsonal" or w/e. I'm pretty sure I follow him just fine and he is completely unimpressive to me.

Also, I judge round by round, and a poor performance in a single round only counts as a loss in that specific round IMO. Hence, Ill clearly lost round 3, but he won 1 and 2. Illmac won this battle imo; if you disagree, cool, if you're mad that some people don't agree with you, suck a dick. *shrug*
    test
  14. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

porich/arsonal comment was trolling as fuck lmfao

seriously though, anyone who thinks there's absolutely no criteria for judging a battle and believes it all comes down to personal preference does not have an ear for rhythm and therefore lacks the capacity to enjoy rap for the rapping portion of it. they likely got into it because of the emotion/atmosphere, which is fine because everyone should enjoy what they enjoy, but for instance I love Qleen, and I've enjoyed every performance he's put out, but I think he lost the decided majority of them, even when i enjoy his performance more than his opponents.

rhythm, temporal cadence and the relation of sounds to each other is a far more structured, developed, complex phenomenon than the dopest least forced single bar of all time could ever be. its also a hell of a lot more fundamentally important to audible performance art than any other aspect of audible performance art. who disagrees with that?
    test
  15. FleeKan

Cant beleive salty URL fags are getting upset people prefer Illmac over Arsonal

bunch of lames. if you get so easily mad by the majorities opinion you can leave please and let the wiggerness over take your culture

thank you
    test
  16. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

i've never put anyone on ignore before, but for the first time i feel as though i'd enjoy the site more without having to read some of this stuff. statistics AND common sense. without homie's statistics (lmfao at that idea too of course, like middle class whites being randomly taken out by black people is an issue anywhere) he'd still have common sense to let him know of the intrinsic evil beneath darker skin.

race plays a smaller part than people claim, but common sense tells us to distrust dark skin. you kinda suck
    test
  17. FleeKan

So the rapping portion of only what matters?

Arbitrary negro right here. All you've done is basically gone

i'm gonna take what black people really do well and only judge it based on that

and turned it into a intelligent post

and I dont disagree with you. white people should be systematically eliminated from battle rap and the ones with actual talent (the pat stays, illmacs, real deals, solomans, pesci's) should be converted into black people ala robert downey junior in tropic thunder

imo
    test
  18. FleeKan

Dead @

so which person is gonna be more likely to be a criminal

a black person who has gangster characteristics

or a

white person with gangster characteristics, basically a wigger. i'm saying of i were to cross the street for either one i'd choose the black guy. dead @ you thinking i'd actually cross the street at the site of a black guy lmfaooooooo just the other day i walked past too massive african dudes and didn't get uncomofrtable one bit

:facepalm2:

plz take your quasi intellectualising of battle rap and leave it behind the moment you click log in on the front page
    test
  19. FleeKan

And if you enjoy Rap Music then you'll really enjoy OTBVA
    test
  20. Ion_Exchange

Ion_Exchange Drink Tap Water

This battle was awful in person. Geez i can be seen behind illmac in the background and I couldnt hear shit. On camera it looks way better. But you cant blame the crowd for this one. Too much bullshit before this one and the club was dismantling the stage while they were battling. Ah this one could have been a great one..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.