[*K.O.T.D.*] - [Title Match] - Hollohan vs The Saurus

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by _Organik_, Mar 15, 2010.

?

Do You Agree With The Judges Decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

were u there fam? i went to that event with Noah23....r u still in Guelph? we should hit up the next grand prix event
    test
  2. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

the majority of your setups are bad and at best they are decent. that's not an exaggeration or just me hating. it's fact.

and my point ive always tried making about setups/multis is that it's the same as the punch. either you're good at rapping/writing/rhyming words together or you aren't. people that have shitty setups AREN'T. so yes, even having a few absolutely horrible ones means you suck.

do you notice that twist, dum, saht, etc. don't have any "wow that was TERRIBLE" setups? its cause tehy are good at rhyming words

bartone i will beat on your head like bongo drums. you should consider having me critique your next verses man. seriously. enlist in my "learn to battle better" training camp and watch how much better you sound next time. ill even skip you over the "forget all your verses" chapter cause i like you.
    test
  3. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

ok EG, i have to stop you there. because a lot of "top tier" heavy hitters have had bad setups, and by your criteria, even doing it a few times makes them suck too. hell, ur opening bar vs rev was a lousy setup.
    test
  4. Bartone

Bartone New Member

are you kidding? Twist's "sex maneuver trick" , Ok's "freestyles jerk" and Hollows "7 guys 11 times" lines were all bad (those are just the ones I can think of) but it doesn't matter cuz we ALL do it sometimes, and no, most of my set ups are very good ur just hating whether you admit/know it or not.
    test
  5. A.S.B

A.S.B I Don't Like You

Just like I said in another thread, EG has never met a hyperbole he didn't like, and his overuse of them makes it hard to take anything he says seriously.
    test
  6. EmceeGoddess

ive addressed this, my opening bar against rev had 2 lousy setups on purpose. i specifically had those 2 to be random filler lines for a better effect. the idea being that i was just firing 2 random lines off super loud to make sure his hearing aid was on and he could hear me. my verses are posted on my forum, check em and see, nothing after that is forced or even remotely close to "queers a lame fuck". i would never setup a line with "queers a lame fuck" as a standard bar.

notice i didn't mention hollow or okwerdz? i didnt say NO TOP GUYS HAVE FORCED SETUPS. my point is that none of them have "ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE" ones you fucking idiot.

freestyles jerk = lazy, not very good, but not horrible or super forced. it has to do with the next bar and rhymes fine. the fact that he just said "jerk" at the end for rhyming effect makes it really lazy and kinda blah.

fight foul over things that matter see = horrible, incredibly forced. you are going out of your way to turn a bar into an overkill of syllable combo for no reason, crushing any chance of dopeness the line could have had (the punch sucked dick too and was basically filler, so ur fucked either way) and it makes no sense. that is what i would classify as absolutely terrible.

see the difference? reread what i said dude, SUPER HORRIBLE SETUPS, not some random blah one that is few and far between. i don't criticize all of your weak setups, just the mind numbingly terrible ones.

a better point, often overlooked, is that despite choking horrendously due to lack of preparation and likely first time jitters, i am a better writer than the majority of GT. this isn't saying much because most of GT sucks. this isn't me being cocky either. several very good battlers, many who i've helped personally become better, can vouch for this. thus, i have high standards for shit and i almost never force lines. i don't get any joy or fun out of listening to people recite lines that a) i can write in 5m b) i have already written in one way or another or b) are just terrible.

another point is that while i may come off like a stupid dick head and a fucking turd for caring so much about shit (i wish i didn't get annoyed or pissed at this shit, character flaw i guess) the majority of your fav battlers feel the same way they just dont say it

its not hyperbole.
    test
  7. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

Wow, you are a loser.
    test
  8. EmceeGoddess

god i get into such lengthy pointless debates when i pull all nighters
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

bartone just out of curiosity, how long have you been rapping/rhyming?
    test
  10. Bartone

Bartone New Member

he always says he hates shit battle rappers do but when his fav emcees do the EXACT same thing its not the same in his mind. I remember him preaching how its wack when ppl use numbers to make shit rhyme but when Saurus says "feast for 4" "7 napkins" or "90 reps" he'll think its kool. Like why 90 reps? Im sure Hollohan would go for the full 100 lol
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

strawman ftw

ive never said i liked those lines so ill address them now

1) i still don't like those lines, relying on numbers is still weak

2) the reason those lines dont get hated on as much is because the actual content of them are very good and original, specifically the 7 napkins shit

3) similar to 2, the way they're set up and executed aids in taking away the lameness of using numbers. ex: using 3-4 great multis surrounding something like "squatting 90 reps" such as bothered by tourettes, and the other shit he used, pretties it up. the number lines i hate on and call out specifically are shit like, "hes so fat he'd eat 36 cars and 25 hersheys twix bars" which are ridiculous.

i never dug the feast for 4 line that much, but its nowhere near, not close, to the worst examples of number-multis, so it doesn't get brought up. squatting 90 reps is fine, paints a funny visual and could be passed as a legitimate amount of reps. so could a hundred. so could 50. 47 couldn't. 53 couldn't.

has nothing to do with me ignoring it or skipping over them bro.

the biggest point i can bring up in this is what i told to jaze. we aren't going to really agree on setups when you write the same setups i think are horrible and you don't agree they are terrible. its like explaining to a child molester that molesting kids is bad when he's busy chatting with a 7 (WHY 7??? HUH WHY NOT 8) year old. metaphorically, bart, you are the child molester.

oh, also, with regard to saurus lines, another thing to consider is the time they were used. lots of his lines that were duplicated to the max, e.g. the same multi + comparisons, were super fresh at the time due to how new they were. and now a lot of his old WRC lines i think just suck cause ive heard variations of it from random donks 500x over. evolution can point out lots of flaws, big bart. just someething i want to get out of the way before ur like "LOL SAURUS SAIID YOU LOOK LIKE A JACKELOPE MIXED WIHT A CANTELOPE"
    test
  12. solon L

solon L that boy

bartone's losing, if you're keeping score
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

bartone,

your setups are a lot better vs. knamelis.
    test
  14. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

emceegoddess, do you sit at home and talk shit on your computer all day?

no matter what you say, every single rapper in gt, kotd, and dont flop are better than you. better writers than you. funnier than you. better rappers.

the best writtens you've done all week is a long ass thread about how you don't wanna be a skinny little white computer nerd anymore... it's time for you to be a muscular computer nerd.

go try and get some pussy or something, seriously.
    test
  15. Tirade85

Tirade85 Agent87

Holy fuck that's funny....

Nicely played.
    test
  16. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Go on and talk shit if you feel like my dude, but Sykull writes really, really well structured bars. Whether he can spit them out remains to be seen, but if you've read his Rev verses there's really not much you can say about his writing ability.
    test
  17. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

i cant believe nobody else did this...

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT INSIDE INFORMATION?!
    test
  18. Will Slaughter

Will Slaughter New Member

I completely agree
    test
  19. A.S.B

A.S.B I Don't Like You

Actually this bar is quite a corny set-up: You see, my boy Lush told me ain't shit sweet in this town

For this punchline: I'ma jack him for his wallet, FUCK a senior's discount

Not to say there aren't more in those verses but I thought I would just use that one to make a point. No matter how great someone is or thinks they are they are bound to have some crappy bars in their verses. Pointing it out is one thing, but you come down way too hard on some emcees for it. If you don't like Bartone,DNA or someone else; nobody is forcing you to, but pretending that they are the only ones who have ever wrote some crappy set-ups in disingenuous. I think every emcee can look back over some verses they wrote and find some bars they wish they hadn't used.
    test
  20. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

How is KOTD going to get this title back?
    No one in kotd is gonna beat thesaurus...
    was a bit dissapointed with hollohan here, loved his battles but thesaurus got him pretty easy imo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.