[*K.O.T.D.*] - [Title Match] - Hollohan vs The Saurus

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by _Organik_, Mar 15, 2010.

?

Do You Agree With The Judges Decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

uh, who cares. fact he thought stay vs hfk was really close shows he doesn't know wtf he's talking about when it matters. people who understand battling don't just once in a while decide "hey this guy who totally sucked was really close to this guy who is top 5 in our league"
    test
  2. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

ha true, i see what you mean, its just that i try not to determine how good a judge is based on one decision i didn't agree with...but when its a battle like that i see where your coming from, i guess its like if you agree with a judge on quite a few battles and then when it comes time to pick a winner for a battle like jay focus vs ness lee and they pick jay focus it would make you question whether they have really been a good judge or not
    test
  3. EmceeGoddess

there are a million variables that go into judging and i don't care if you have mastered acknowledging 9/10 of them, that 10th one can leave someone getting jerked hard. i mean hfk is terrible and pat roasted him no prob and for him to say thats close, lol.

thats like letting someone babysit your kids cause they're awesome 6 days a week, but on sunday they let your child put the tv near the tub while taking a bath watching faces of death

DONT LET DAX BABYSIT
    test
  4. Bartone

Bartone New Member

Really? His last performance was pretty damn good except for like 2-3 corny lines I didn't like.
    test
  5. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

hfk never choked as bad as you did against revanon. and would put money up that he'd destroy you.

his battle with pat stay was close. he won the first round. end of story.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Thesaurus took every round.

Completely agree with Hollohan's criticisms of himself.

Even if The Elements League was an inspiration for GrindTime, Smack/FK came before it, and were both much bigger.

Huge props to KOTD for pretty much everything they're doing. Shit looks more and more official with each passing event.
    test
  7. EmceeGoddess

yeah dude. really. id expect even you to realize how bad some of his shit was. lines about shoving phones up your ass, telling pat that he has sex with donkeys, etc. shouldn't happen in battles. i mean im sure there are tons of people who think jokes like that are funny. those are the same people that think it's dope when you just go "you fuckin faggot" and laugh their asses off. they are called idiots.

how about his terrible 75 bar tangent where he compared pat to hollohan. i bet you liked that shit didn't you.
    test
  8. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of HFK but I think it's a little short sighted not to recognize that there's a place for people like him in battle rap.

Lemme try and put this in a way that's less condescending than my big boi EG ... many battle rap fans are into the art form because it provides a lot of simple opportunities for humor. That doesn't make them idiots, that just means certain jokes will always appeal to them. A guy like HFK who, for his lack of technical rappin' skill, has a big personality and some clever ways of stating vulgar ass shit, will always be able to make people laugh ... his brand of humor is popular, if not intelligent.

And just cause Dax said a battle was close doesn't discredit his judging. The dude makes the right call 95% of the time (that battle included, even if he said it was close) and that's WAY more than you can expect from most of the people who judge these events.
    test
  9. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

I hated the excuse until I was there. I think because you can hear it more clearly analyze it and stuff. At the event I actually thought Hollahan won and that he got jerked. Watching over in the video I thought it was clearly a win for The Saurus. But I love all these clowns who hate to accept that THe Elements League inspired GT when Drect admits it.
    test
  10. EmceeGoddess

1) his jokes aren't intelligent and they aren't funny (to me of course).

2) i didn't say people who are into battles for comedy are idiots. i said people who laugh at horrible jokes and "ya fuckin faggot" non-rapped-lines are idiots. notice i'm not calling fans of kid twist or dfd stupid idiots.

3) i agree. he has personality. i find most of his attempts at being clever to not be clever at all. and i agree 100% with pat when he says "shit like that made battles suck"

4) yes, that does discredit his judging to me. i would never want him judging my shit. his accuracy doesn't mean shit to me if i completely disagree with his reasoning. i mean if he voted for thesaurus cause "i absolutely love battlers with bad skin" that would be retarded.

5) the battle wasn't close at all and that's why i disagree with dax. i can see people dressing up comments like "wow he killed it but ima go with pat stay" but LOL that shit was close?

its just preference. i think the fact that people think a guy telling nonstop homosexual jokes about shoving cell phones in asses can compete with someone cleverly saying "all you do is tell lame ass jokes which barely make sense" is ridiculous. that's all. and of course i can see the other side that doesn't think pat was that sick when he said that shit, the reason for that is they don't agree that HFK is fucking horrible, WHICH HE IS. so it comes down to preference and as we all know i have my own.

just as a disclaimer: i dont care if HFK wins 50 battles. he's prob a hella cool guy. i think it's cool he tries new things in battles and puts himself out there with experimental shit like the ganik impression etc. i just think pat nailed it, his jokes fucking suck, his lines often make no sense, he has tons of gay jokes, he CANNOT RAP (which is somehow not a prerequisite anymore), his setups are atrocious, etc. the list goes on. and i think it'd be a great look if he switched it up and did something else.
    test
  11. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

lol shit had nothing to do with kannon, and everything to do with ur contradiction. either presence is different live, or its "exactly as advertised". sorry, cant be both
    test
  12. EmceeGoddess

elaquent you stupid FOOL never question eyerate EVEN WHEN HE SAYS 2 DIFFERENT THINGs THEY ARE BOTH 100% RIGHT.

eyerate, KEEPIN IT 100x2
    test
  13. Kiewra

Kiewra Well-Known Member

I agree with you to the fullest...and I think HFK sucks for the most part. But one thing the made that battle a little closer was the fact the Pat Stay pretty much took the same approach all three rounds. Doing HFK's thing, and telling him how he does it better which is true. But Kid Twist already took care of that in round 3 of the their battle...so it only did so much for me. Pat still beat him though. I need to watch it again cuz its been a couple weeks but I remember think besides his corny ass lines HFK got a little more personal.
    test
  14. EmceeGoddess

so wait, pat should be penalized for doing 3 rounds of what HFK does every single round of every single battle, but WAY better? lol that makes no sense bro.

hfk did the lame jokes all 3 rounds. so did pat, with seriousness tossed into the end of every round and his jokes were actually hilarious, esp given the fact he's just mocking him the entire time.
    test
  15. Kiewra

Kiewra Well-Known Member

haha as soon I read that I lol....cuz its a good point. But I didnt say he should be penalized...I did say he still won the battle.....but.....the old saying...2 wrongs dont make a right...just cuz HFK spit 30 verses of stupid jokes doesnt give him the right to do it for 3 rounds.....1 round yes...3..thats over doing it.

But his seriousness was dope..that "So to me what the ARE YOU?" shit was a real dope closer.
    test
  16. Bartone

Bartone New Member

Most of his jokes are corny actually....Im just sayin in his peticular battle with Pat he did very well and he has crowd control me and most emcees can only dream of so sayin hes "terrible" is more than a stretch. Oh and peep one of his tracks if you think he can't rap, HFK's got a crazy flow.
    test
  17. EmceeGoddess

word, we'll just have to disagree cause i think its totally fine he does that 3 times since his lines were actually good and he was proving a point.

yeah he has crowd control, ill give him that. ill pass on the track. we definitely have varying opinions on what is considered dope or terrible so. a really bad or boring setup ruins the punch for me and all of his setups suck. what'd he say "the real should rap tight" or some shit? that's on par with "fight foul over things that matter, see!"
    test
  18. Bartone

Bartone New Member

For every set up of mine u think is wack I bet I can bring up 342340 that werent, so menioning the very few times I do have bad shit doesn't really mean too much considering your tryin to prove a point HFK does it all the time....
    test
  19. BelowTheHeavens

BelowTheHeavens New Member

Don't argue with Sykull... seriously. He criticizes everyone even though the one battle he had he choked like a little bitch. Just do you man, personally i think you're pretty dope and a little underrated tbh. Just put him on the ignore option, thats what I did.
    test
  20. Livestock One

Livestock One Member

@Elaquent Thanks for posting the DRECT interview where he talks on Elements league... I was curious if this was true or not. Big up Canada (Elements league) for inspiring GT! Hahaaaaaa! That's what's up.

Also, I hear you on your point that "live" this Saurus vs Holo battle seemed alot closer then in the video.

I thought Holo's first verse was total garbage. Saurus was as solid all the way through - my fav performance of his yet.

Anyway, big up the - homies on here!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.