Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [STRAIGHT GASSIN] - TANTRUM vs ILLUSION Z

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Who do you think won?

1. Tantrum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Illusion Z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

damn tantrums a virgin
    test
  2. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

I haven't watched this battle yet so I don't have any ground to give an opinion on what Illusion is saying, but I still get an impression from reading comments. I need to watch this once I'm off work and follow-up if my opinion changes.

But from the impression I get I more or less agree with Ill. Basing from the comments and from how you came in your third against Rich, I have some idea of what to expect. And what you said about if your sole goal was to win, you wouldn't have written as good. I'm willing to bet if this was for a tournament or something where that was your sole goal, then your writing would've lacked what a lot of people in this thread are calling refreshing about it. I'm really amped to see this now.

I can appreciate someone stepping out of the box a bit or using the medium in an inter-personal way a bit. Some battles sure, the absolute point is for one to beat the other but I don't see why that has to be a black and white rule and you can't have your own approach partially for yourself too. Unless I paid someone to battle with certain intentions behind all their angles I can't hate on someone for doing their own thing. I could say they lost if I thought they did, but it wouldn't necessarily be the focal point of the battle for me. Plus it does sound like he definitely took an overall battling approach so I wouldn't think it's disrespectful to Tantrum for not talking about his opponent at all.

Anyway I'm just rambling & speculating... Can't wait to watch this in the AM.
    test
  3. newfdizzle

newfdizzle New Member

some battles judged, some promo. who fucking cares?

edit: this battle worked well as not being judged because I enjoyed both rappers angles and execution equally, and there's no OT... therefore... Perfect.

In other situations... like Canibus Diz for example..... I wanted a fuckin winner.. cuz had Canibus showed up and put on a show... that battle woulda been crazy... and a winner woulda been essential in the grand scheme of things considering the magnitude.
    test
  4. ForestSilence

Agreed, Diz vs Bis was definitely the type of battle that should need a winner, whether debatable or not. I think any expensive battle, battle that is the main or one of the biggest draws to a major event, etc. this should apply to. Some battles like this I think can be different on a case by case basis.
    test
  5. Coolstorybro

Coolstorybro Well-Known Member

illusionz top 10 for sure
    test
  6. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

That's not true. It's a good battle in a sense, but, I mean you can tell, you guys weren't really ready for the HAM that was about to be sliced...and niether was I. hard to digest, especially knowing you, because I don't like to see people affected personally by battles....

Unless it's Q then it's hilarious.
    test
  7. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

comment not directed at lor

^^^

lol hahahaha true shit.

probably was just one of those awkward moments where his brain was like "just say something, anything"
    test
  8. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

[​IMG]
    test
  9. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

maybe im not very perceptive but this didnt feel like any genuine omg i hate you we're not homies anymore type shit
    test
  10. Obaid

Obaid Active Member

Illusion u went from an average battle rapper to one the best writers out there...how did this happen?

i'm definitely a fan...
    test
  11. filthrich

filthrich Guarocuya

these 2 are talented as fuck. but i cant fuck with this battle.
    all that extra personal shit. there's nothing hip hop about that. its not creative, just shocking. some things aren't meant to be said in battles.
    test
  12. Siege.

Siege. WHOOPSY DAISY

And that's what a battle should be.
    test
  13. Larkin

Larkin New Member

Scarface line was dope.
    test
  14. ForestSilence

I respectfully disagree... I can TOTALLY understand not being able to enjoy or like this kind of a battle... But for starters to say anything that is a battle is not hip-hop is wrong imo... Hip-hop is diverse, whether you like all types or aspects, styles, etc. or not. hip-hop does not exclude what we just watched anymore than it excludes rone vs nils or ars vs con or any other good battle.

I also disagree, in many cases battles are garbage and nothing but shock value attempts. I can understand someone feeling that this was a shock value battle, and not liking that about it... But not creative? I disagree with that... I think whether you liked the angles or intents, whatever you can't say the bars weren't well written or creative. I can also understand the stance of some things aren't meant to be said in battles tho.

Myself I loved it. Much respect to both of y'all, great writing. Tantrum's performance was a bit better, illz had the better writing. Not going to pick a winner, I just really enjoyed this. Illusion-Z has stepped the fuck up and I used to be a fan in his older battling days too. But an Illusion-Z that's more grown up and maturing as an artist shows big potential.
    test
  15. filthrich

filthrich Guarocuya

peace. the extra personal stuff is not hip hop and is not creative in my opinion. also, since it was the last round its what stuck in my head. these dudes were boys. they're talking about suicide attempts and real life problems with addictions, etc.. Me being the person i am i can't respect when "friends" air each other out like that. they were serious. there was nothing humorous about what was going on. it comes off as weak.
    test
  16. SVolmont

SVolmont Smile for me

The scarface scheme had be lek :jaydamn:

This was too close to call tbh, flipping a coin
    test
  17. marsblackmon23

marsblackmon23 Active Member

wow,,this battle was nuts...sheittt
    test
  18. sockruhtese

sockruhtese Member

My favorite battle of the year.

I wasn't expecting this to be so good. I'm definitely impressed by both battlers - all 3 rounds.

In some battles, you only want to rewatch 2 rounds from Battler A and 1 round from Battler B. This is one of the few battles where I really want to rewatch all 3 rounds from both battlers.
    test
  19. BruceBfromHell

BruceBfromHell New Member

Tantrum bodied Mr. Zapata, Zurita, Zorro or whatever the fuck it is. 3-0 easy. Threw that emo addiction shit right back at him during the third.

Dumbfoundead - bodybag! Fresco - bodybag! Tantrum put his bodybag in a bodybag.
    test
  20. solsken

solsken Member

Is there a problem with the vid? Cant see it in the first post and when I find it on youtube that particular video is just black and never starts. Weird.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.