[*K.O.T.D.*] - [RESURGENCE] - JOHN JOHN DA DON vs CAUSTIC

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Jan 16, 2013.

?

Who do you think won?

1. John John Da Don

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Caustic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettonetics

ghettonetics remember, i got money!!

hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha
    test
  2. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

What do you mean "laughable"?

All of the of the caustic-2.0-lightweight-swag-on-em bars used schemes or references from popular midwest and southern songs that have nothing to do with the west coast. I don't even know what you mean by "new school west coast."
    test
  3. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

Trap =/= south for the record. Thats why its laughable.
    His swag type of bars with the FLOW sounded more like YG, or shit that belongs on a DJ mustard beat.

For the record, trap music isn't even fast enough in tempo to be comparable to his "swag" shit. Maybe like NY/Philly music though.
    test
  4. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

But I'm saying, no one equated southern rap with trap music. Just noting that he took material from popular midwestern and southern songs and "added his own heat."

Idk, maybe you ain't hear the original songs. But anyway, west coast, at least northern california, been making trap music since before it was called trap music. I dont see it as new school west coast shit, personally. Only caustic west coast reference I recall was about death row.

Not a big deal, I was just wondering where you were coming from on that.
    test
  5. JSquared2

JSquared2 New Member

test
  6. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

You good fam. I just meant it sounded stylistically and flow-wise like that new age hyphy club shit. Example being all of the songs that sound like rack city, but not tyga.

I know what you mean about the references though.
    test
  7. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

italians aren't white...

thats an insult
    test
  8. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

test
  9. CringeWorthy

CringeWorthy Returning video tapes

I'm first generation Italian and yes we are..
    test
  10. ass2myface

ass2myface Member

my guess is Jon got paid a decent amount more, could be wrong, obviously not in the inner circle of shit.. could be part of the reason why JJ didn't have the same intensity...... caustic took full advantage of the situation though... think he could match up well against most URL cats.... pulling for him to get a decent match at some point

again not in this dudes head, but pretty sure he wants to take the next step and showcase his talent against the best competition... that was pretty much a proving ground battle tbh...... best luck to caustic, hope he gets on the big stage... and props to jon for coming out to cali to mix it up.....

good shit at the end of the day.... has some replay value.... think it was fairly obvious caustic edged it fairly easily....
    test
  11. Nick Vayne

Nick Vayne Well-Known Member

2:55

all of Madness' rounds deserve a view tho
    test
  12. 12345678

12345678 New Member

is it me or does rone look a bit like shotty in this pic
    test
  13. Somafide

Somafide Well-Known Member

i dont even slightly understand the tags?
    test
  14. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

wow, I can't believe some of y'all on here. The JJDD hate is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, he definitely deserves some of it but not all. I'm not his biggest fan. I agree multiple choice needs to be retired as of 10 months ago. I also agree that from time to time, he is caught red-handed flipping other people's schemes or recycling or re-flipping his own shit. Guess what? Most other battle rappers are just as guilty but don't get called out as much. Actually, most of the time, JJDD acknowledges and credits the original rapper somehow before every ref lip. eg. Hollow said "xyz" but I'mma make it better and say "abc", not that it makes it any better but at least he gives props. This is also something a lot of other battle rappers do and get away with quite a bit. Also, there are tons of JJDD battles he doesn't really even do that or multiple choice (Half past 7, lotta zay, brixx belvedere, grind time GA early days)

Now with that said, I feel like the JJDD hatred is so strong, it clouds people's judgements and creates ridiculous double standards for his opponents and everybody else. Why do i say that? Caustic bites/reflips Office space concept line, california king line, (and some other lines/concepts i coulda swore i've heard on GT before) nobody bats an eyelash? Yet, JJDD jokingly mentions dome like a stadium in a larger scheme to crack a nerd joke and he gets shitted on? Matter of fact, dome like a stadium was not first said by Dose, he's just as guilty for biting it, it's an age old rap metaphor used a 100 times before in rap songs and even a few times before in the old school battle days. To be honest, i don't even think sometimes it's fair to call it biting. In some instances, the rapper may have legitimately thought of it on their own and never heard the original. I agree the remix was atrocious though but I guess he felt the kotd crowd had never heard one before. (based on their response, most of them hadn't)

Also, if we wanted to be really objective/nitpicky and hold every single battle rapper to the same standard we hold JJDD, alot of rappers would be just as guilty to flipping/re-flipping other people's shit or recycling their own shit. Some do it from other people's songs or even flip mainstream/underground rapper's bars. I've seen overrated battlers or rappers people here tend to view as superior to JJDD get away with far worse shit. Heck, Rex recycles verses and bars from his own songs in battles but I don't see no one calling him captain planet. It's simply in the context of battles you've seen or songs you've heard.

If you don't believe there's a double standard, be honest for a second. If Charlie clips battled Holla and decided to flip his own shit on him (ball game, remix, sit yo old ass down) the same way he did to X-factor btw (priorities) and the same way he does to several others, he wouldn't get flack for it or get called out for biting, it would simply be seen as Clips clowning on him. Now if John John was the one to use the whole controller scheme (L1, R1, x, o) that Clips used and re-use that same scheme but with different buttons in another battle, he'd be shitted on and called the worst rapper alive for recycling

Enough of my rant though, I call it a tie simply because I woulda given it to Caustic easily but JJDD took up it a notch when he embraced the critique with that Shang Tsung line. And some on here are being nitpicky and calling that line wack but i'm 100% sure if another rapper said that, they would go bonkers. I think it's good because it shows for the first time, he's finally starting to listen and respond to all legitimate critiques out there about him. That's rare for battle rappers, given their egos. Hopefully, this means up next, multiple choice is being retired or at least being traded for something more tolerable. Maybe it also means he'll start fine tuning by toning down the blatant flipping and start making it more subtle to legitimize his style.
    test
  15. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

did your site crash or something? I can't click the link to watch the battle at all.
    test
  16. Lizmangsta

Lizmangsta Well-Known Member

Havent Watched It Yet But Cant See Caustic Beating John.
    test
  17. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

nice first post

@Job2
    test
  18. juicedawg

juicedawg Member

thanks, i didn't even notice how long it was till i was done typing.
    test
  19. God of rap

God of rap Active Member

^great post.

I thought this battle lacked a bit, seemed rather dead. I gave it to Caustic but only slightly.
    test
  20. Thedude710

Thedude710 Active Member

Battle was weak sauce, but did anyone catch Fox looking at JohnJohn like he wanted to kiss him? Bhahaha

Oh and when did Lush catch aids? Dude looked like he was going drop dead any minute...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.