Battle Video [*K.O.T.D.*] - [GZVOL12] - YUNG CASPER vs PRINCE ALI

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Dec 23, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our Son Paolo

Our Son Paolo Member

that makes you a biased judge
    test
  2. kazzy23

kazzy23 Active Member

Absolutely terrible response. Hitman Holla and Verb were/are best friends and have known each other for years. Saurus and illmaculate were battle partners for WRC and have a lot of chemistry. Pat and Hollohan were best friends. THAT'S why those battles were that good, they have RELEVANT personals. I'm sorry but watching a few battles for Yung Casper isn't going to give Ali all the beautiful personal insights you crave in battles, so you should judge this battle based on bars, not the lack of Ali's personals against Casper. Lux had a good third round because he had an amazing writing style and combined that with some personals, and I'm sorry but I thought that verse was more than overrated...

Just read what people are saying on the youtube comments, this forum, the way people reacted to Ali's bars and Casper's, to the JUDGES. Ignorance is a terrible thing, and booking Uno Lavos and step Easy and all these subpar battlers when you have talent like Prince Ali is what's wrong with this league. It's not a question of money, it's a question of agreeing with the general consensus and giving us what we want, and then we PAY for it in the form of PPV and live shows since you are a business, but acting like Prince Ali is trash is just plain stupid.

Merry hannukah
    test
  3. azhotazice

azhotazice Active Member

Personals are what's required somewhat .. Mainly for the new era of battle rap. Prince Ali murdered him with barely any personals that's fucking hard.
    test
  4. robvandam

robvandam Well-Known Member

Prince Ali music is dope!
    test
  5. robvandam

robvandam Well-Known Member

test
  6. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

let me know how that works out for ya
    test
  7. Sagarmatha

Sagarmatha New Member

these tags are gorgeous
    test
  8. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

Good battle. Kasper wasn't as overly racist as I thought he would be. I actually agree with King Fly though, Kasper got that, But I'm glad Ali won because Kasper annoys the fuck out of me. He's a good performer though I enjoy his battles, but its good to see him get humbled with a loss.
    test
  9. abd2112

abd2112 Member

Real dope battle, was waiting for a minute to peep this and lived up to my expectations.

First off the video was done real clean, I like this look/format and beats. I could go without the 'rounds' graphic in the middle of the video but intro and end credits were nice. I still like to hear the judges full thoughts though.

Prince Ali took this.
    Dude can def be on top if he works more on his projections.

Casper came pretty hard but some of his decent material sounded like garbage in front of PA's bars. PA is just on another level of writing far surpassed YC's. Sure presence is a huge thing but its a rap battle, and I don't care if theres personals or not its all about the bars and reach the crowd.

:smokin1:
    test
  10. abd2112

abd2112 Member

smh at dudes talking about personals over just bars..
    YC spit some boring ass bomb scheme and paki jokes.. shit tell me something I havent heard about a brown dude. that aint peronal, thats just weak material.

also anyone know what PA was saying at 11:46.. something like 'my fam be gully...'
    test
  11. Doppelganga

Doppelganga Active Member

Came to the battle lookin like a young Vinnie Paz.
    test
  12. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Why people getting upset everyone has different views as to what is important in battles. Some people rank delivery more important than others. Some rank directness more than others. Especially if you come from a freestyle battle background where attacking your opponent directly to show your freestyling was really important. I think there needs to be a difference between "personals" and direct punches. ALi did direct punch in the 3rd which he bodied. And his pen game was sooooo much better but the generic punches did make him lose points for me but still edged the win
    test
  13. KingoftheDutch

KingoftheDutch Active Member

Prince Ali's music>>>>>>>>>any battlers music by a landslide. that being said, I felt he was nothin really special here, he has the bars but lack of performance holds him back, dont really care that hes not personal, that is actually refreshing but maybe expected too much...
    test
  14. abd2112

abd2112 Member

For everyone who is saying there should be more personals.. I mean what want to be said??
    Should casper be called a wigger and how hes a white boy?? From what I remember PA basically told the dude that he is not on his level, and he proved it. That shit right here is as personal as he needs to be. Calling him out as a metro and rocking skinny jeans.
    test
  15. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Prince Ali will be the 2013 100 Bulletz of KOTD. The bars are head and shoulders above 90% of their roster. He just needs a few mainstage battles to tweak his performance and he'll be good to go from there on out.
    test
  16. HollowTip Rec

HollowTip Rec New Member

My favourite!

I think Ali is better than half the main card roster

How can people say he lacks performance?

Ali talking about his mother and feeding his family clearly he was getting emotional and I felt chills through the screen just watching this....

Kingfly...his whole third was Directed to casper....

Referenced his status, govt name, place of residence, did the racial rebuttals, talks casper stealing lines, kid platinum assisting him etc......he even referenced caspers father being a street dude and had name flips spread out....it ws s actually very well constructed....
    test
  17. VonKaiser

VonKaiser Member

Prince Ali easily. No debating.

Not understanding Casper at all. White Toronto Muslim talking about guns with weak punch lines. Okay? Can't believe his shit at all. Weak. Dude seriously needs to do some spaceage other-wordly shit to survive in battle rap. Poor man Money Bagz ain't gonna work.

Ali vs. Real Talk. That shit needs to go down. Both have bars but need to work on their delivery so it's a perfect fucking match-up. Consider my opinion a gift Gully, I was the first to say Bender vs. Sid.
    test
  18. VonKaiser

VonKaiser Member

Dig what GZ is doing by the way. Video was nice.

Y'all should dip into the Upstate GT crew; Real Talk, Jimmytheloch, Stainless, Mister Sell, etc.

Left Dirt out on purpose as I still want to see him vs. Bender in KOTD.
    test
  19. StringerBell818

StringerBell818 New Member

Dunno how the fuck anybody could watch a full Yung Casper battle. Sounds like a 7 year old boy screaming for 10 minutes straight. I'd rather watch an entire WNBA game than watch a an entire Yung Casper battle....

He sounds like a little boy NIGGA SAY IT WIT YA CHEST!!!!!
    test
  20. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

I think Dirt has given up on trying to battle in Canada due to legal problems, but co-sign bringing more GT Upstate talent over to Canada. They have a good mix of comedic, lyrical, and street battlers that would provide good match-ups.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.