[*K.O.T.D.*] - [FLATLINE] - [$5000 GP FINALS] - THESAURUS/ILLMACULATE vs PORICH/DIAZ

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorryplayer

sorryplayer DonutsOnTheDash

was there live and after seeing the footage .. still giving it to saurus and illmac.. could see how the slips from Illmac swayed the decision but rich and diaz's third round didnt really have any pull .. doubt the judges knew much about that hotel shit but whatever ...

congrats rich and diaz .. looks like rich is gonna see a title shot soon.. Big Po baby
    test
  2. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

i'm drinkin tea in my aunt's london flat actually. in a pretty good mood too just had the performance of my life last night.

seems like a stupid move tho to call two highly disputed battles bodybags. especially one involving the current champ of kotd. journalism is sposed to be non-partisan
    test
  3. brother mouzone

brother mouzone Well-Known Member

i was thinking of the rock the bells tourney. He said that against js but dgaf about editing it when i realized it.
    test
  4. Player 1

Player 1 New Member

'Saurus and Illmac rolled over the competition every step of the way to the finals, rarely seeming challenged as they added a series of new bodybags to their always growing 2 vs. 2 resume. '

DAMN i just read the write up..no wonder Tricky is mad as fuck right now.. seems like the writer had a personal vendetta against anyone facing saurus and illmac
    test
  5. Frelarmi

Frelarmi Member

I can't stand Porich and Diaz. Probably the most unlikeable rappers in the whole scene. That said...I honestly think they took this battle. Saurus and Illmac brought some sloppy ass material.
    test
  6. yeahbuddy

yeahbuddy Member

Thought it would be an ehhh battle and it was. Not a fan of the Saurus/Mac combo since WRCs, they don't come all that strong. Prefer Deal/Fresco anyday of the week, more entertaining, more consistent. That being said, both teams lost. Crowd was surprisingly biased, or atleast a few people stood out and screamed after every average punch of PoDiaz.
    test
  7. DeathChamberz

DeathChamberz From the Page to da stage

If you give Thesaurus/Illmac the 2nd round than you either really like Thesaurus/Illmac and ignore there faults, or really hate Diaz/Porich and don’t notice when they kill it.

Like you guys really hate Diaz and don’t seem to notice what he brings to the table.

Again lyrically he’s not the best but I haven’t seen anyone in this tournament who has better delivery that Diaz. His flows are on point. His performances are always solid. Have we ever seen Diaz choke or really even stumble in a battle? When you face someone like him you can’t really slip
    I have always like Diaz over Porich I think he’s one of the better Mc’s in KOTD and as he has improved his lyricism he’s gotten better. He still has allot of work on concepts and what not. But writing is the easiest aspect of rapping to improve yourself.

And again everytime a Canadian wins in Canada and yall disagree with it, doesn’t make the crowd bias . It makes it a decision that you guys happen to disagree. Canadians are not really as supportive of Canadians that you Americans like to portray. It is one of the least bias places you can battle
    test
  8. JesusJones

JesusJones New Member

LMFAO@ Journalism but really LMFAO @ "Drinking tea in my aunts flat" You Canadian Fag.
    test
  9. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

phones usually dont show the embedded video
    test
  10. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

The talent disparity as tag team partners between The Sarus/Illmac vs Diaz/PoRich is embarrassing.

The construction in rhyme schemes that The Sarus/Illmac had were on an elite level compared to the Fisher Price rhyme schemes Diaz/PoRich had.

Even with some slip ups The Sarus/Illmac had, the level of degree of difficulty in their material should be taken into account in comparison to spitting A,B,C, D rhyme schemes perfectly.

Again, these tournaments in Canada, prove that the artist should not push the boundaries in creativity like TheSarus/Illmac, Real Deal/Fresco, Chedda Cheese/Ubiq but cater to lowest common denominator with basic rhyme schemes and simple punchlines and just make sure you do it perfectly.

This decision is laughable. :funny::funny::funny:

And KOTD wants to be taken as a serious Rap Battle League. This proves it still has some ways to go.
    test
  11. 2old4thisshit

2old4thisshit Member

It's called hype, imagine how gay it would sound if they went into detail on how close a battle was, this seemed like the correct type of hype to describe this battle based off consecutive wins alone.
    test
  12. Tricky P

Tricky P Well-Known Member

:) lets be friends
    test
  13. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

hahah@ you bent out of shape because of a write up lol.

the write up didnt say they completely bodybagged every team they faced.
    it said "rolled over the competition every step of the way to the finals, rarely seeming challenged'

and i would have to agree with that statement. The only battle i think they had trouble with is the sketch/nebula battle (sorry tricky, but to me at least , your battle wasnt debatable) and thats where the "Rarely seeming challenged" comes in. because they were challenged by the sketch/nebula battle (so it was a rarity).
    test
  14. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I don't really know what to say about this battle. I don't remember any of this live. What I will say is... Talking about someone who died or someone's kids is kind of low. Now tho, Anyone who battles TheSaurus and wants to get a reaction is going to bring up his dad. Oh BTW... Whitby is still NOT a city!

[​IMG]
    test
  15. 2old4thisshit

2old4thisshit Member

Well put, 100% agree with you. Bias is a cancer to promotion of any league, this was obvious bias, nagl.
    test
  16. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

illmac had the only memorable lines imo

shucks
    test
  17. JerseysOwn

JerseysOwn Smoke 40s & Drink Weed

This was an entertaining match, even though I hate the fact that Diaz/Rich/Rich's boys wouldn't shut the fuck up while Illmac/Saurus were rapping, that shit even pissed me off after a while.
    Illmac & Saurus had some clever angles and they came out swinging from round 1, and Diaz/Rich had good chemistry & some dope lines as well. Material-wise Mac/Saurus killed em no question imo, but the amount of stumbles from both of them throughout the battle killed their chances of winning. Diaz/Rich were solid performance-wise, which is why I actually can't argue with the decision.
    Overall this was a dope match though, looking forward to the next grand prix.
    test
  18. feijoaz

feijoaz Active Member

yep mad close,i had diaz and po taking it,but can understand ppl thinking saurus and mac should have won
    test
  19. DMAC 780

DMAC 780 New Member

gave thesuaurs/illmac 3-0 no bias im from canada.
    I can't event listen to diaz/poorich shit is trash 100%

Illmac rebuttals were so trash too, wow overall horrible battle.
    test
  20. KingFly

KingFly *K.O.T.D.*

im going to have to disagree according to Canadian definition of a city.

In Canada, the granting of city status is handled by the individual provinces and territories. Therefore, city status definitions and criteria vary widely across the country. In British Columbia and Saskatchewan, towns can become cities after they reach a population of 5,000 people, but the threshold is 10,000 in Alberta, New Brunswick, and Ontario. In Manitoba, an urban municipality may not be named as a city unless its population meets or exceeds 7,500 people.

since whitby has over 10,000 population, by definition Whitby is A city.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.