[*K.O.T.D.*] - [FLATLINE] - [$5000 GP FINALS] - THESAURUS/ILLMACULATE vs PORICH/DIAZ

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by KingFly, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pavan

Pavan Active Member

Diaz stepped up but he is not a very likeable rapper, is he?
    I think dude lacks charisma, thats why so many people hate on him. His accent just can't be natural.
    test
  2. IAmMrGetItDone

IAmMrGetItDone Mr. Get It Done

if you didnt get it, rewatch it and if you still dont get it
    that makes you a stupid white faggot
    test
  3. Parole Officer

Parole Officer New Member

I just don't see how you can call robbery when Illmaculate and Thesaurus were so underwhelming. Maybe they are the victims of a set of high standards that they've created for themselves but I think it goes a little bit farther than that.

From a rhyming complexity standpoint, they were on another level than Porich and Diaz but Illmaculate had his worst performance in a long time, stumbled on multiple occasions and dropped a couple corny rebuttals. Thesaurus looked a lot like what his haters say he is: someone who relies on multi's and schemes to hide a lack of good content. Plus he was annoying as fuck to be honest, catching feelings in the second round and then pouting with that annoying look on his face for the rest of the battle.

I just don't think they hit 'em that hard at all. Drunk jokes, mexican jokes and there big finale was how Diaz bit Dizaster... not exactly groundbreaking stuff. I thought the shit about Pete's gambling problem, running out on his daughter and then hooking up with some random Canadian skeezer that most of the city had already run through, Illmac getting robbed by that girl, etc. were all more hard hitting. Just because Thesaurus shakes his head like he's unimpressed during the line doesn't mean that it gets completely discredited.

Diaz and Porich have their faults without a doubt, and those saying that Diaz has one of the better deliveries in battle rap are delusional in my opinion, but I think they legitimately got this. The best part of Illmac's/Thesaurus' performance this time around was some of the schemes and those are the type of things you don't realize until the 2nd or 3rd time through. Obviously the judges don't have that the benefit of instant replay when they make their decisions.
    test
  4. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

so in your opinion hard hitting personals wins battles?
    test
  5. Parole Officer

Did I say that? No? Then probably not!
    test
  6. avocado

uh actually yeah you did.

you said that illmac/pete were better on a rhyming complexity standpoint but porich/diaz QUOTE "hard hitting content" (which seems to be all personal stuff you pointed out) was better.

im not disagreeing just wondering if that what you personally thinks wins battles?
    test
  7. marvinbaird

marvinbaird New Member

That albino dude needs to stay out of frame and stay quiet, hurts replay value
    test
  8. Parole Officer

How am I saying that personals win battles? I think it's part of the equation, which Porich and Diaz happened to do more successfully in this particular battle, but if you read my entire post instead of taking the one single line and placing it out of context then I think it's clear that I don't think they won on "personals".

I just didn't think Thesaurus and Illmac had a whole lot of content, personal or not. Throw in the stumbles from Illmac, a couple momentum killing rebuttals and Pete's temper tantrum... I think the Canadians won it. If you see it the other way then I can dig that too but I don't know how you can claim robbery (as so many have) when Illmac/Thesaurus put on their worst performance of the tournament and some of their sloppiest in recent memory. Unless of course you're blatantly nut hugging.
    test
  9. avocado

never called it a robbery, just curious if you thought that way which your post did seem to heavily lean on the "content" (i was actually quoting a whole paragraph not a single line).
    test
  10. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

everyone who is picking apart illmacs performance and using his stumbles to justify Rich/Diaz winning forgets that Diaz is shit even when he doesnt slip up

How did the saurus not have good content??? He and Illmac dissected rich and diaz as people and rappers and outrapped them, period.
    test
  11. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

damn them boys got fucked up...illmac that dude tho.
    test
  12. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

Lol Canadian team wins Canadian battle rap tournament. Everyone is surprised.

If Drake wasn't there I wouldn't be upset about not going to this.

Blatant fucking robbery.
    test
  13. StealMagneto

StealMagneto stoccton to stoccholm

The sore loser
    test
  14. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Ban!
    test
  15. lizphair

lizphair Yippy Yippy

yes

yes

yes

no
    test
  16. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

Jesus. I'm taking you off ignore you're batting 1000 right now, don't mess up.
    test
  17. jusknux

jusknux New Member

Iron Solomon's new mixtape

This shit is fire!

did you cop it at djbooth?
    test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

hmmm, so you are taking somebody you werent ignoring off ignore?

sound like wizardry.
    test
  19. attxlatt

attxlatt New Member

haha ive rewatched it a few times, everyones claiming illmac and Thesaurus had some great bars etc and i just cant see it...

Arent you the one with your own custom hat with a Mr get it done insignia? Thats Eyerate level gay, im sorry but someone had to tell you. Simmer down and stop trying to impress a bunch of internet nerds by insulting someone behind a computer screen. Thats a stupid faggot thing to do so look in the mirror.
    test
  20. Coolstorybro

Coolstorybro Well-Known Member

translation: i suck american dick just for the taste
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.